• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chick-fil-a giving away free breakfast sandwich via their app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we're on the subject, yesterday Niko's Kitchen posted a video on how to make a Chik-Fil-A sandwich at home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anq7BNCxZJ0

VG9EKLh.png

Ingredient List

I'm doing this today.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Well, it was fucking messy, my portions were off, and I gave myself a 1st degree burn.

But I did it and it tasted heavenly.

5XBGG8v.jpg

SiGW7ke.jpg

92hlNrY.jpg

2h9Wbkj.jpg

joYB4TL.jpg

^ Nice!! :D I'm letting my brine/chicken sit out in room temperature for an extra hour. I read somewhere that fried chicken cooks better when it's closer to room temperature rather than coming straight out of the refrigerator.

Sub_Level

^ Nice!! :D I'm letting my brine/chicken sit out in room temperature for an extra hour. I read somewhere that fried chicken cooks better when it's closer to room temperature rather than coming straight out of the refrigerator.

Yeah I did that for half an hour.

I boiled in vegetable oil for a good 7ish minutes. Only one piece was uncooked and had pink after I checked by cutting them open.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Deep frying is the only cooking technique I won't touch. Grew up in Scotland and have irrational fear of chip pan fires.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
But aren't they homophobic?

I have a straight friend who refuses to eat there because of the founder's comments. Even after I told her that she's not giving them anything and is actually hurting them financially if she redeems the free sandwich and never goes back, she still refuses.

Meanwhile I have a transgender friend who eats there 5 times a week. Some people can't deny the bliss that is their waffle fries.

Since we're on the subject, yesterday Niko's Kitchen posted a video on how to make a Chik-Fil-A sandwich at home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anq7BNCxZJ0

VG9EKLh.png

Ingredient List

Made em.

More pics here.

They came out good. Only thing wrong is the chicken breast slices I bought were too thin. Still made one of the tastiest chicken sandwiches I've ever had, and does resemble chick fil a, though I can't speak too accurately to that since my meat to sandwich ratio was clearly off. Also I used Muenster cheese and Spinach.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Look. I'm not GAF hater. Don't care about chik fil a Jesus tip. Don't hate pickles. But I find chik fil a to be a delicious chicken sandwich because all fried chicken is delicious.

What am I missing?

Sub_Level

Well Icyflamez96 yours came out a little better than mine.

But this is just the battle, not the war...

RBH

Just an FYI, your local Chick-Fil-A may still have the spicy chicken biscuit available.

It's a store-by-store basis as to whether they still sell it or not.

Well Icyflamez96 yours came out a little better than mine.

But this is just the battle, not the war...

I'm sure yours tasted better than mine considering my slices of chicken breast were way too thin.

Made them again today with a side of hashbrowns. Thanks for posting the recipe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom