• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chinese boy asks "why is it dark" after having eyes gouged out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Because I totally needed to see this on the off-topic this morning.

I thought we had a moratorium on needlessly depressing/gore news on the OT? And punning in the OP of your own thread is pathetic.

Furthermore we already had this thread yesterday: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=663085.

You need to brush up on your search skills and thread making ethics, OP.

Sad situation all around but it feels wrong that the parents have decided to lie to him.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
The person responsible for this deserves a special kind of punishment.

Of course her eyes should be removed, but they should also take here hearing and slice her spine leaving her a blind, deaf quadriplegic. THAT would be a fitting punishment.

Quackula

Is there even any sort of discussion that can be had here? I mean if all anyone can do is post reactions of shock and horror, what's the point of even making a thread about it?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I may be totally in the dark here, but I had no clue that organ traffickers would do something like that if it is actually what happened. How insane that is.
scaled.php

What horrible thing to happen.
It makes me wonder what would motivate a person to do such a thing?
Makes me wish the bionic eye was a reality, for patients like this poor kid.

Downhome

This may be a stupid question, but here it goes.

If you have an eye removed like this, is it at all possible to reattach it within a period of time or is it a case where the second it is disconnected that is it?

Quackula

What is the point of watching the news everyday?

Keeping abreast of current events that have effects that can actually influence your life isn't the same thing as straight up shock and horror.

There isn't anything to discuss with a news story like this. It's just straight up horrible and depressing and nothing else.

MotherFan

This may be a stupid question, but here it goes.

If you have an eye removed like this, is it at all possible to reattach it within a period of time or is it a case where the second it is disconnected that is it?

You cannot get vision back once the optic nerve is damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom