• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Circana (NPD) August 2023 - PS5 (#1 for both), XBS (#2 for both), Switch #3 | Madden 24 #1, Armored Core 6 #2, Remnant 2 #3

Rankings
Units: PS5 > XBS > NSW
Revenue: PS5 > XBS > NSW

YTD Units: PS5 > NSW > XBS
YTD Revenue: PS5 > NSW > XBS

Estimations by Welfare from InstallBase:

PS5: 360K
XBS: 210K
NSW: 200K

image.png

image.png

image.png

Capture_decran_2023-09-15_a_15.23.46.png

Capture_decran_2023-09-15_a_15.47.33.png

Last edited:

Tsaki

Armored Core 6 and Remnant 2 are runaway successes. Love to see it.
3rd party releases seem to have boosted Xbox past the Switch. How about some sale Nintendo?? Are you really gonna milk that profit margin till Switch 2 releases?
Sony seems to be the king of accessories with the top 8 being all theirs. Now throw in there the Portal, Pulse Explore earbuds, Pulse Elite headset and the new Dualsense colours that were announced yesterday and it seems their goal is to kick everyone out of the Top 10 not having "Playstation" in their name.

EEUmr5c.jpg

Gambit2483

- Switch is in decline and declines by double digits (in August)
- There's nothing as big as TOTK on the horizon
- Switch 2 not releasing for over another 12 months??

Make it make sense.

Last edited:

Blade2.0

I'm very happy to see AC6 up there. The AC series was never a huge seller before so this basically shows From can do no wrong at this point in time...until they implement microstansactions into their games.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
PS5 carrying the US hardware market (console + accessories)!

Also, Xbox declined in August, days before Starfield's release, is indeed shocking. I thought XBS numbers would go up, but PS5 will still take the lead. I did not expect the numbers to go down as well. It's indeed crazy out there!

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
byOMitl.png

- PS2 sold 50K in it's 13th year for a total of 46.34 million
- X360 sold 20K in it's 13th year for a total of 43.22 million
Xbox selling less than Xbox One over the first three years is shocking. Its a huge fuck up considering the fact that the XBox One iteself was a huge fuck up.

I can understand the first two years. Covid, shortages, but to trail the xbox one in the third year? WTF. How does one keep his job after his predecessor lost his job over the xbox one fuck up?

Especially after releasing a console $200 cheaper than the xbox one. Honestly, this year is going to be a bloodbath unless starfield manages to turn things around.

Xbox selling less than Xbox One over the first three years is shocking. Its a huge fuck up considering the fact that the XBox One iteself was a huge fuck up.

I can understand the first two years. Covid, shortages, but to trail the xbox one in the third year? WTF. How does one keep his job after his predecessor lost his job over the xbox one fuck up?

Especially after releasing a console $200 cheaper than the xbox one. Honestly, this year is going to be a bloodbath unless starfield manages to turn things around.

What's weird is that the appeared to be doing everything right in the beginning. Most power console and cheapest console plus gamepass. It seemed like a winning combination. Then this happened.

No idea what they did wrong. People say games but even the competition had issues in the beginning and they managed to do fine.

hepfom

It's amazing to me that a 300 dollar XBox couldn't outsell the XBox One. I'm also curious how front loaded in sales the XBox Series S/X will turn out to be this generation. Will they even sell another 20 million by the end of this gen?

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
What's weird is that the appeared to be doing everything right in the beginning. Most power console and cheapest console plus gamepass. It seemed like a winning combination. Then this happened.

No idea what they did wrong. People say games but even the competition had issues in the beginning and they managed to do fine.
Sony started with games right away and never stopped.

It launched with a megaton Miles Morales that is still selling (NPD charts 2023), despite being on PS+ for over a year!

Then Demon’s Souls, Ratchet, Returnal, Horizon. GT7, God of War, FFXVI, etc.

The difference is absolutely games. A company that’s trying to decrease PS market share needed better and more games than PlayStation. They started with 0 instead.

Sony started with games right away and never stopped.

It launched with a megaton Miles Morales that is still selling (NPD charts 2023), despite being on PS+ for over a year!

Then Demon’s Souls, Ratchet, Returnal, Horizon. GT7, God of War, FFXVI, etc.

The difference is absolutely games. A company that’s trying to decrease PS market share needed better and more games than PlayStation. They started with 0 instead.

I was making a reference to the PS3. They started off slow but it never got this bad.

Raonak

Banned
Can't wait to see PS5 numbers once spidey2 comes out. Its gonna be a bloodbath ain't it.

The big question is whether starfield will give Xbox the numbers to be #1 during sep.

Top Bottom