• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

City of God Sequel Planned - City of Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevelyon

"Lensing for the sequel, titled "City of Men," is slated to begin in 2006. Paulo Morelli, [Fernando] Meirelles' partner in O2 Filmes, would likely direct the gangland epic set in Rio's hillside slums.

Miramax will not be involved this time around. At this stage, no distrib is involved with the project.

Douglas Silva and Darlan Cunha, two of the young actors in "City of God," are expected to star in the sequel."

http://www.chud.com/news/july04/july28god.php3

City of God was by far my favourite movie of last year. Just such a harsh & brutal depiction of gang life in the slums of Rio de Janeiro, with a bold visual style & stunning cinematography. Probably the first movie to actually shock me and leave speachless at certain scenes for quite sometime.

The sequel.. I guess continues Lil'Ze's story & his journey into adulthood, it'll be interesting to see where they take the story.

jett

D-Member
Uh, what the fuck are you talking about. Lil'Ze
died in Cidade de Deus.

Bleh to this sequel. Bleh.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
He probably means Rocket ;b

And yeah, the original is one of the highest rated films in recent memory...living up to that is going to be rough, and hopefully this doesn't take away from the original's quality.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
Maybe they'll follow the lives of those
little hoodlums that killed Little Ze

jett

D-Member
Strange that they say that the child actor that played Dadinho is going to play a part in this movie. City of "Men" or kids? I guess that article wasn't all that clear, and that this movie is not a sequel at all.

SKluck

Banned
Um.. he became a professional journalist/photographer, end of story, yes?

I don't see how a sequel could exist, based on the same characters.

I am really confused, they are making a sequel to something based on real life? How the hell is this gonna work? I mean, that was the best gangster flick I had seen in a LONG time, but still...

Yeah, I loved the film (it should have won best picture, not LOTR, sorry) but the idea of a sequel just makes me feel uncomfortable.

COCKLES

being watched
Guy who directed City of God was filming at the end of my street a few months ago. John LeCarre novel with Ralph Finnes and Rachel Wietz.

Sadly my attempt to walk the length of my street hoping to spill coffee over Rachel in a Notting Hill style plot-contrivance came to nothing. :(

COCKLES said:
Guy who directed City of God was filming at the end of my street a few months ago. John LeCarre novel with Ralph Finnes and Rachel Wietz.

Sadly my attempt to walk the length of my street hoping to spill coffee over Rachel in a Notting Hill style plot-contrivance came to nothing. :(

You didn't even try to "accidently" trip into her while copping a feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom