• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cobra Kai Season 6 | Date Announcement | Netflix

Stitch

Gold Member

Part 1 of Cobra Kai Season 6 premieres July 18, followed by Part 2 on Nov. 24. The third and final part of Season 6 will arrive in 2025. All three batches will consist of five episodes each.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I'm somewhere in the middle of S5 and while I enjoy the show a lot it has been circling itself for like 3 seasons now. The kid actors are straight up adults (and the acting/fighting is better for it) but the Danny/Johnny dynamic doesn't seem like it is really progressing.

I kinda want something really wacky, like they all get invited to a kumite/Enter the Dragon type plot or even an Earthrealm Mortal Kombat kinda thing. Have fun with it, really lean into the martial arts bit with lots of cameos, let Zabka and Macchio go out like LEGENDS.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I watched the first few series, stopped keeping up with it, then watched some highlights and a chunk of the last episode. What more is there left to do after that giant all fights climax that ended with the bad guys' bad guys finally defeated and the lesser bad guys turning good? Seemed like the final finale to me.

Fake edit: oh yeah, forgot about prison break. Looks like more of an encore than anything with a story.

Lambogenie

It's good it's ending. Last season ended well as a penultimate, and feels this is appropriate timing to wrap it up. No need to drag everything. Looking forward to it.

I'm somewhere in the middle of S5 and while I enjoy the show a lot it has been circling itself for like 3 seasons now. The kid actors are straight up adults (and the acting/fighting is better for it) but the Danny/Johnny dynamic doesn't seem like it is really progressing.
This is why I'm glad last season focused less on the school aspect and more on character development and life issues. It was a half-step into an adult-arc for the main teen characters.

mitch1971

Jesus, 3 part 5 part series. Seriously, get a grip. Streaming has gone from binge watch to weekly to now monthly/yearly. Talk about stretching stuff out. It's worse than TV at this point.

Drake

I actually enjoyed this show quite a bit which is surprising because Netflix seems to infect everything they touch. Looking forward to the final season.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Wow, six seasons already? I think I stopped at 3. Not for any reason, I just haven’t had a ton of time for TV lately. I definitely have to pick it back up.

It's kinda worrying how the 2020s feels like it's gonna be 80s culture last hurrah, after this point everyone's gonna be too old by the time we get to the 2030s and the 80s was 50 years ago.

That's pretty heavy to think about and it's gonna be hard to say goodbye to this era of pop culture and think of it passing into history like John Wayne or Steve McQueen movies is to us now.

But hopefully Cobra Kai will be a proper send off.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
This was a great series but I thought it should have just ended at season 5. I really don't see the need to continue this especially what happened in the series finale. So I'm just a little skeptical on season 6 but we'll see.

taizuke

Jesus, 3 part 5 part series. Seriously, get a grip. Streaming has gone from binge watch to weekly to now monthly/yearly. Talk about stretching stuff out. It's worse than TV at this point.

Same. At first, i was okay with it cause i thought (hadn't seen the dates yet) they could release it within a 3 month period and keep the show trending longer. But, July, Nov, and 2025 TBA... That's too much.

Maybe they're trying to get Hilary Banks on board.

Last edited:

clem84

Gold Member
I think overall this is good news. I like the show but it's important like any show to not overstay its welcome. A final season with 15 episodes sounds about right. I hope they wrap everything up in a satisfying way.

I agree that the show has been going in circles a little bit during the last 2 seasons, but it was still enjoyable.

Cobra Kai should have ended with Season 4.
One where Larusso and Lawrence win the tournament together bringing a proper closure to their story,
instead of all these unnecessary drama extensions just to pad the series.
Especially with all those Silver's machinations.

Man, i loved the 1st season due to the whole 80's nostalgia thing but it's been a downhill ride after that, the show is just c-h-e-a-p, horrible production values, terible cinematography, terribad acting and generally speaking, all the tween drama coupled with the super bad acting hasn't done it any favours, that, and the fucking milking that they did- at one point i was sure that they'd somehow resurrect mr Miyagi as to keep this shit going, shit is just shameless.

Show is terrible nowadays, thank God it's the final season 'cause they milked this enough.

PS : the new black kid (the geeky one that turned into a heel) has got to be some of the worst "actors" i've ever seen, just absolutely 0 charisma, he can't act to save his life.

jonnyp

Man, i loved the 1st season due to the whole 80's nostalgia thing but it's been a downhill ride after that, the show is just c-h-e-a-p, horrible production values, terible cinematography, terribad acting and generally speaking, all the tween drama coupled with the super bad acting hasn't done it any favours, that, and the fucking milking that they did- at one point i was sure that they'd somehow resurrect mr Miyagi as to keep this shit going, shit is just shameless.

Show is terrible nowadays, thank God it's the final season 'cause they milked this enough.

PS : the new black kid (the geeky one that turned into a heel) has got to be some of the worst "actors" i've ever seen, just absolutely 0 charisma, he can't act to save his life.

Amen. It's become so fucking bad.

YCoCg

Counter point, Tori:
7285192bd0444f8a8de8738ba777c0e0.jpg

Last edited:

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
I enjoyed the first season then I imagined a buddy of mine reaching out to me today saying "Hey man remember that dodge ball game we lost back in 3rd grade? Tony Yamaguchi wants a rematch!"

Yeah man fuck this I'm 45 in a loveless marriage and late on my bills 😄

Alandring

Cobra Kai is one of my favorite TV Show currently in production, and the last one I still watch on Netflix, so it's a great news.

But I'm really not a fan of the release in three parts. I will probably wait until 2025.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I actually enjoyed this show quite a bit which is surprising because Netflix seems to infect everything they touch. Looking forward to the final season.
I disagree, Netflix is the best when it comes to TV shows. Movies still needs work but that applies to all streamers.

Top Bottom