• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered Multiplayer Still in Development and Being Tested, Insider Says; Legitimate Chance of CoD 2020 Being Delayed

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Earlier this week, Activision and Infinity Ward released the remastered campaign of Modern Warfare 2, but the game’s multiplayer mode might still be on the table if sources close to TheGamingRevolution are to be believed.

200.gif

Sounds like an awful idea, take off your nostalgia glasses and tell me if you've played MW2 during its prime and how easily it was exploited.

I don't think you'll be pleased.
The current CODS are not really to my liking.. But when I played the broken MW2 back in 2009, damn did I had a blast.

Shmunter

Tough call. Might be a bit of a step back after the majesty of MW 2019 multi. Hard to say.

Last edited:

splattered

Haha ... released for $40 full of microtransaction so you still end up paying $60 for the full package plus more on all the neon clown gun skins. Yay.

Fake

They could release a new CoD in 2022. The reboot still getting praised, they have a BR and EA don't even release a BF to counter.

dolabla

Would not be surprised. I wasn't a huge fan of the online back then like I was the original MW, but I'd like to revisit it again with upgraded visuals, etc. I loved the campaign, but I'm not going to buy it digitally because Activision will probably release a physical version (maybe with the online? if this true) like they did last time with MW.

Last edited:

Kerotan

Hopefully they launch it with the knifing care package glitch, the javelin glitch, elevator glitches and the airdrop glitches all in tact 😂

Seriously though I'd do anything to play a remastered multiplayer version with spec ops included.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Just bring over the maps into COD 2019.

The current Modern Warfare has by far the best gunplay in any FPS i've ever played. Just needs the magic of the MW2 maps.

Last edited:

Knightime_X

Don't even bother releasing the game if you're gonna pussify the weapons, perks, and everything else.
Everything being OP is what made the game incredible.

Modern Warfare 2 truly is the Marvel Vs Capcom 2 of FPS games.

Last edited:

Old Retro

If they (re)release MW2 multiplayer as the main 2020 game, easy pass for me. One of the many times Activision releases a shit game after a great one.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It'll come. They did Call of Duty 4 Remaster with MP, and I think it sold ok.

MW2 MP was awesome. Only thing I hated was dual 1887 (thankfully patched), cheaters/modders that came later on, and commando running and knifing. Good thing is a Remaster will have the first two things fixed (I didn't see any modders in Call of Duty 4 Remaster).

I can live with the commando knifing as that was the benefit of combining two perks I think

decisions

Don’t understand why anyone wants this. MW2 MP is historic for being one of the most broken MPs ever released, and the only reason anyone even “likes” it is because of revisionist history from people who used the game’s exploits when they were 10 years old a decade ago.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Don’t understand why anyone wants this. MW2 MP is historic for being one of the most broken MPs ever released, and the only reason anyone even “likes” it is because of revisionist history from people who used the game’s exploits when they were 10 years old a decade ago.
I think it was awesome except for the issues I listed above.

Those era of Call of Duty games were the last ones to have balanced maps and game styles. Ever since I think Black Ops 2(?), the maps and gameplay because skewed to run and gunners and SMG, where SMG accuracy got improved A LOT. Play an old Call of Duty game and try to spray people with an MP5 at AR/LMG range and you'll never get a kill.

Back then you had more open maps and laneways gamers using every weapon from sniper rifles to sprinting knifers and shotgunners. You even had many people using LMGs.

Now, it's most SMG and AR.

Last edited:
As much as it was popular back in the day, I doubt anyone cares what happens with this MP, if its a xbox or playstation exclusive etc. A new COD announcements is imminent. Also, I bought the MW1 remaster and the campaign is amazing but the MP that we all fondly remember...man it was so outdated. The only nostalgia was for the maps themselves but everything else felt so childish. After 15 minutes I could unlock a perk to carry 5 (FIVE!!!) granades and stun bombs. Everyone is doing it, its like a firework shit show on each match.

Bolivar687

Banned
As much as it was popular back in the day, I doubt anyone cares what happens with this MP, if its a xbox or playstation exclusive etc. A new COD announcements is imminent.

I actually think there is a timeframe where MW2 MP could dominate (including if a Treyarch CoD was out at the same time) but with new consoles on the horizon, everyone is going to be looking for something new.

Kerotan

As much as it was popular back in the day, I doubt anyone cares what happens with this MP, if its a xbox or playstation exclusive etc. A new COD announcements is imminent. Also, I bought the MW1 remaster and the campaign is amazing but the MP that we all fondly remember...man it was so outdated. The only nostalgia was for the maps themselves but everything else felt so childish. After 15 minutes I could unlock a perk to carry 5 (FIVE!!!) granades and stun bombs. Everyone is doing it, its like a firework shit show on each match.
I disagree. Me and my buddies got all the way to prestige 20 on the cod4 remaster. We had a blast.

There is. Wish EA follow with BF franchise.

Battlefield 3 and 4 remakes, and count me in. I still turn on my PS3 once in a while to play BF3, one of my favorite fps of all times, and still play BF4 once in a while as well on the PS4.

Last edited:
Top Bottom