• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Call of Duty MW3 multiplayer launch is met with negative Steam reviews and a player count far below that of Modern Warfare 2 at launch

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
The first is always the hardest. I got every COD up to BLOPS4. It was hard not to get modern warfare(19') or Coldwar. But once I got over it, I haven't purchased a COD since.
It helps that I have a shooter to play - Valorant.

So if I feel like clicking heads I turn it on for a few games then go back to WoW.

GIF by South Park

Mattyp

Gold Member
Already sunk more hours into it than your usual rails FPS adventure game ao easily have my monies worth 🤷🏻‍♂️

Plays a lot better than MWII also, the gunplay feels pretty dam perfect straight from launch.

Fix some unlocks, keep dropping maps and they'll be fine.

Tarnpanzer

Already sunk more hours into it than your usual rails FPS adventure game ao easily have my monies worth 🤷🏻‍♂️

Plays a lot better than MWII also, the gunplay feels pretty dam perfect straight from launch.

Fix some unlocks, keep dropping maps and they'll be fine.

This. For a "70$-mappack", MW3 is pretty dope so far. Having a blast.

Even the critical CoD-influencers like it.

"Probably my favourite CoD in recent years" right at the start.

BigLee74

Campaign was short but fun. Infinitely more fun than MW2’s campaign. Standard MP is great so far. What’s not to like? Will definitely be worth the money for me, and I probably wont even touch Zombies!

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
After extensive play over the weekend in all modes I've sort of changed my tune. I'm currently optimistic for what's coming in the lifetime of this version.

Ok, the campaign is kind of short perhaps. But it's not that bad, at least I found it enjoyable.

The zombie mode has grown a lot on me, and now I see how things like other player interaction can be a positive contributing factor which I didn't foresee (like f.ex. a random dude walked into one of my solo run missions and likely saved me from dying).

Multiplayer is early days, but it's pretty good already, I see potential for good updates in the future.

The scary thing is. I genuinely think you believe this comment.

I don't think any of the people using this rhetoric believes it, obviously they have noticed that it's a "safe" way of trolling, there's hardly any repercussions. At some point moderators need to take action because it has quickly become the plague on this forum.

Last edited:
Sure there are problems that will be sorted but at this point I just expect almost every new Microsoft game to come out to get shit on. People going hard riding those hate boners after the acquisition.
Sure xbox has problems but at this point I just expect any criticism towards anything xbox to be met by fans parading their persecution complexes around like peacocks during mating season, crying green tears all over the forum and for fans to desperately try to convince themselves and the forum that microsoft is everyone's buddy, lord and savior and never, ever makes a wrong decision regarding the videogame business.

splattered

Sure xbox has problems but at this point I just expect any criticism towards anything xbox to be met by fans parading their persecution complexes around like peacocks during mating season, crying green tears all over the forum and for fans to desperately try to convince themselves and the forum that microsoft is everyone's buddy, lord and savior and never, ever makes a wrong decision regarding the videogame business.

Uh huh

Crew511A

This. For a "70$-mappack", MW3 is pretty dope so far. Having a blast.

Even the critical CoD-influencers like it.

"Probably my favourite CoD in recent years" right at the start.

It's definitely DLC, or least it was meant to be. If people enjoy it, good for them. My backlog is pretty deep right now, so I'm taking a year off from COD.

The big problem I have with COD, and this cannot be denied, is the outrageous SBMM that practicality predetermines the outcomes of certain matches. It's nothing new for the franchise, but Nero's Cinema released a pretty good video on YT yesterday that demonstrated how bad it's getting.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Battlefield has more firepower and depth to me compared to call of duty, and dice is just warming up with the PS5 architecture 👌

diffusionx

Gold Member
Wait so this game has ZERO original MW3 maps, just all 16 arer from MW2?

MW2, that is the game from 2009. Which makes sense if this was a DLC for MWII (2022), which is what it was originally supposed to be, imagine a "MW2 in MWII" type tagline.

Anyway, negative steam reviews are from the players. People who spent money on the game. I used to praise A-B for figuring out how to deliver these massive games on time every year and as promised compared to garbage like what EA has been doing with BF. But it looks like they can't really do that anymore, the past 3 games were pieces of shit. And this is after turning virtually every team in the company into a support studio.

Watching some people play and the multiplayer still looks hot, but its the feeling of getting ripped off with minimal content for full price that will keep me off this game for now. What's funny is that if this was a $30 or $40 DLC it probably would have both sold like hotcakes and gotten good reviews. $70 DLC doesn't make anyone happy........

Mobilemofo

No one buys $70 cod for a 3-4 hour campaign. Cod is for the MP, and yeah it's much better

BO4 didn't even have one
We use to dig the campaign and then jump into multiplayer. If you being playing cod since 07, then it's become fuckin tedious, and boring. I'd much rather a superb campaign, but that's me.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Watching some people play and the multiplayer still looks hot, but its the feeling of getting ripped off with minimal content for full price that will keep me off this game for now. What's funny is that if this was a $30 or $40 DLC it probably would have both sold like hotcakes and gotten good reviews. $70 DLC doesn't make anyone happy........
The issue is that MWII is really bad and people fell off the game far faster than A-B thought, so from their POV, they cant attach this DLC to an unpopular game that people aren't playing.

Pop

Why nothing changes because we have defenders(in this very thread) that will go to bat for the same game every year with a new coat of paint. That also has crazy microtransactions on top of the $70

Top Bottom