• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coincidence or SWIPE?! Naughty Dog and Jak.

I was playing through Breath of Fire 2 last year for the Katt hotness, and on one of the missions you encounter these generic guard characters along the way, IIRC. Anyhow - it struck me as a hell of a coincidence upon seeing this little bastard:

dscn03277ap.jpg

Could this be the grandpappy of Naughty Dog's fugly mascot?!

image_91x128.jpg

Pimpwerx

You're going based on that pixelated mess? Sorry, but 2D sprites look like a lot of things. That could be Cloud if you wanted to read that into it. I don't see the resemblance at all. When you said BoF2, I was like, "that's not 3D". I think this is a really loooooong stretch. And I think Jak and Daxter is pretty blah myself. PEACE.

Sorry, but 2D sprites look like a lot of things.

Normally I agree with your points, and I'm no 2D Slut; but come on dude. Big blonde brush head. Big honkin ears. Even the clothing is similar.

I know, I know - it's hard for a generation raised on the polygon to decipher the hieroglyphics of olden games; but the resemblance is there. I shudder to think future generations will need a gaming Rosetta Stone to enjoy Wizard of Wor. :D

I've no doubt it's purely coincidental since Jak is such a generic character design anyhow; but it's a funny coincidence - coz I'm swiggin' on that Naughty Dog Haterade! :p

Pimpwerx

The Take Out Bandit said:
Normally I agree with your points, and I'm no 2D Slut; but come on dude. Big blonde brush head. Big honkin ears. Even the clothing is similar.

I know, I know - it's hard for a generation raised on the polygon to decipher the hieroglyphics of olden games; but the resemblance is there. I shudder to think future generations will need a gaming Rosetta Stone to enjoy Wizard of Wor. :D

I've no doubt it's purely coincidental since Jak is such a generic character design anyhow; but it's a funny coincidence - coz I'm swiggin' on that Naughty Dog Haterade! :p
Link is blond with big ears. The clothing is really questionable. Jak doesn't have red shoulder pads, and wears blue. Lay off the pipe, dude. :lol PEACE.

Tellaerin

The coolest thing about that is the reflection of the camera lens (?) superimposed over the picture. 'ROKKIN MOOZ', man. Combined with the motley assortment of weird-ass sprites, it looks like a 16-bit game about a bunch of mutant metalheads a la GWAR. :p

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
That NPC looks a HELLUVA lot more like Jax than Link. Actually, it looks absolutely nothing like Link, even vaguely.

Top Bottom