• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Five Thread: Gondo, But Not Forgotten

El_Chino

They are @ LSU in 2 weeks so will probably find out then.
That and Georgia are the only worries left, FSU hasn't looked that dominant yet.
#WeBeenBack
im_awesome_tony.gif

What's UP! I knew even after the Bama game that Ole Miss probably wasn't #3 in the nation, but DAMN, I did not expect that.

Gator fans have been waiting for a competent offense since Tebow left. Our D has been solid all those years but we were always completely clueless on O. Tonight we saw what we can do when we're not.

I'm not going to crow about the Hogs winning this game, but I am surprised.
They've generally had a ton of issues with QBs that can run and get outside the line.

Well, whatever. Glad we won, GG TN.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
The game against Vandy will decide who is the worst team in the SEC. Thanks Butch for successfully making the Vandy/Tennessee game a rivalry again!

Silkworm

Unless Mizzou somehow discover an offense, there is no way they are gonna win unles the Gatas shit the bed which is possible.
Going to be a tough stretch for the next 3 games for UF. Glad Gators got this win today which was part of this stretch of seemingly difficult opponets. On the road against Missouri, at LSU, and then facing Georgia in Jacksonville. Hope the Gators stay grounded after this win and keep improving and stay hungry.

Just popping into say IT'S GREAT TO BE A FLORIDA GATOR.

I took some pictures at the game. No idea if they're any good, but I did at least get a good snap of the Ole Miss section in the fourth quarter.

Anyway, most complete game I've seen in some time. I'm off to get celebratory drinks now!

squicken

This game is way closer than it should be. Red Zone performance is bad. Sumlin needs to talk to Spatival about running the ball. All offensive coordinators want to throw to get their names in head coaching searches.

It was gutsy as shit to go for it on 4th on the 46, especially running a screen.

Didn't end up meaning a whole lot but at least UCLA has bad field position.

Was surprised by the quick screen but UCLA were clearly not expecting it and were caught off guard.

This AZ State defense is swarming though, they pinned UCLA back at the 1 and didn't let them get a single yard.

UCLA with the purposeful safety though, gambling they can get the 2-point conversion if they score the TD. College football always has more interesting strategy than the NFL.

ryseing

There is no way that is the right move for ucla.

I really don't know. If ASU scores a FG because of the short field game's over. At least now ASU has to drive.

Was surprised by the quick screen but UCLA were clearly not expecting it and were caught off guard.

This AZ State defense is swarming though, they pinned UCLA back at the 1 and didn't let them get a single yard.

UCLA with the purposeful safety though, gambling they can get the 2-point conversion if they score the TD. College football always has more interesting strategy than the NFL.

Yeah the D is playing really well. Surprised after last week. Kessler> Rosen though I guess.

ag-my001

This game is way closer than it should be. Red Zone performance is bad. Sumlin needs to talk to Spatival about running the ball. All offensive coordinators want to throw to get their names in head coaching searches.
It's not just red zone, and it's not the number of runs. This whole second half has been so bland, and Allen fell out of rhythm. Cannot sit on a lead: the defense is improved, but always one blown coverage or missed tackle from a touchdown.

squicken

So bizarre to see A&M carried by the defense. Feels good

E: defense was awesome today. Forced big turnovers and kept Prescott from ever getting going

ag-my001

So bizarre to see A&M carried by the defense. Feels good

E: defense was awesome today. Forced big turnovers and kept Prescott from ever getting going
Yep. Six points in the second half is completely unacceptable, but the defense kept it from making a difference.

Top Bottom