• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Championship Week: Of Meaningless Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

tebunker

Banned
I'm not advocating either party's actions. But telling the person who didn't even incite the incident to walk away and be the better person while giving the grown ass instigator who actually laid hands on another adult a free pass is so…ugh.

Let's just drop it. This ain't really the place for this convo, and I'm still new here. We can agree to disagree.

(Also, I guess I missed the part where they'd had some incident prior to walking in)

Read the article. That was his defense too. That her actions/words instigated it. We have no idea what happened outside completely, but dude didn't need to follow her in and continue escalating the situation.

No one is giving anyone a pass except you saying his response was understandable when it clearly wasn't.

Gross

Cz1lhulXUAAJ7fU.jpg

*sigh*

I think men who hit women, especially unprovoked (as in, she put her hands on him, not she "disrespected" him, whatever the hell that ever means) should be drug onto the street and shot.

I also think people should keep their fucking hands to themselves and not act surprised when not doing so results in them getting knocked the fuck out.

Regardless of her actions, dude is a scumbag. You dont haymaker a chick on the slightest provocation and then just peace out. Her injuries were pretty serious and he's lucky she didn't get hurt even worse.

That being said, I don't see how you can stop him from being in the NFL based on this. I'm fine with them suspending him even further, being on a zero tolerance policy and losing a ton of dough. But he should still be able to make a living and attempt to prove that he has changed.

He is absolutely wrong for bouncing like that. I wanna say call the cops, but knowing what I do about our fear of police, I don't really know what else he should've done after the fact. Still, don't run out like a coward. Face the consequences.

Trey

lol are you fucking serious???

Get out of here.

Mixon's ass should be in jail

The fact every one barely reacted or did anything in retaliation showed that no one in the place was ready for the level of threat displayed.

Completely over the top. Not many men ate taking that shot standing up.

*sigh*

I think men who hit women, especially unprovoked (as in, she put her hands on him, not she "disrespected" him, whatever the hell that ever means) should be drug onto the street and shot.

I also think people should keep their fucking hands to themselves and not act surprised when not doing so results in them getting knocked the fuck out.

Lol

As if anything she did would justify "getting knocked the fuck out". That's a gross statement. He could have easily held her and had someone call the cops being twice her size. But nah you're right he probably should have just decked her

Yeah that was weird how nobody ran after mixon to attempt to apprehend him. If I cared for that girl I would have gone after him and it seems like she was with some friends and none of them tried to stop mixon from leaving the crime scene

jfkgoblue

Don't how we can complain when Michigan brought on Bush Sr and Partridge. Sucks to lose a recruiting battle but Michigan still has a good recruiting class.

Lmfao whet.

Seriously, what is this? Where am I?

Congrats to Uga for the pickup. And I don't mean UGA. I mean Uga. He's had a rough couple of years, the lil guy deserves a few wins.

Your creepy-ass coach has a sleep over with a recruit, but this, THIS is what pushes you over the edge?
I never faulted UGA, it's smart of them to do so, and like I said, yeah I know Harbaugh pulls this shit.... doesn't mean I have to like it.

Lol

As if anything she did would justify "getting knocked the fuck out". That's a gross statement. He could have easily held her and had someone call the cops being twice her size. But nah you're right he probably should have just decked her

Well. Yeah. Don't hit people. It's a really simple concept. Wish he hadn't hit her. Also wish she hadn't hit him. *shrug*

I don't think Georgia did anything wrong. It's recruiting. Dirty mackin' is part of the game, and Harbaugh absolutely cannot complain about it.

I'd pay to see his reaction when Harris reaffirms his commitment to Alabama.

Mary Hardin Baylor looking pretty good in the stagg bowl. That school used to be Baylors female only counterpart. Now they are desegregated and only 90% female

andycapps

I never faulted UGA, it's smart of them to do so, and like I said, yeah I know Harbaugh pulls this shit.... doesn't mean I have to like it.
If you watch this video done by the AJC after Wilson's commitment today, they talk to Wilson, his dad, his coach, and some of his friends, but at about 17:30 they talk to his coach and one of the things he mention was that it was a family decision and these rumors about coaches from there getting jobs at UGA is ridiculous.

AntoneM

5 championships in a row ain't bad I guess (2 ESPN Gamedays too). Sad to see it end, but it was going to end some day.

JMU has had a hell of a team for the last few years, I wish them good luck.

Is Oklahoma actually going to let him play after seeing that video? What a piece of shit. What fucking embarrassing garbage.

OU suspended him for his entire freshman season, but were also allowed to redshirt him aka they didnt do shit. Feel like this may raise a shit storm again, mixon sits out the bowl game and goes pro where all of this is perfectly acceptable.

DopeToast

Banned
The video actually surfacing publicly makes it hard to think they could keep someone like that on the team. It's just so hard to watch. It just makes me sick to watch the whole thing.

Varjis

The video actually surfacing publicly makes it hard to think they could keep someone like that on the team. It's just so hard to watch. It just makes me sick to watch the whole thing.

His lawyers released the video. The timing is based on the fact they want this to blow over before the draft and not be a surprise like Ole Miss' Laremy Tunsil Twitter pics costing him money.

jfkgoblue

His lawyers released the video. The timing is based on the fact they want this to blow over before the draft and not be a surprise like Ole Miss' Laremy Tunsil Twitter pics costing him money.
Oh God that entire saga was bizarre

It probably hurt Ole Miss far more than Tunsil anyway.

Piggus

Daaaamn Taggart just got an elite DB to flip to Oregon. 44th ranked overall prospect.

This dude gots it!

This was great news indeed. Swaggart doing great work so far, and it's only been a few days. We'll see how things are a year from now though.

Kevtones

This was great news indeed. Swaggart doing great work so far, and it's only been a few days. We'll see how things are a year from now though.

Haha Swaggart. Like it. Agreed. I couldn't be happier with the Leavitt hire too.

Btw, word is there's 1/2 more silent commits already on board. One of whom is a 3* dual threat out of Long Beach. Guy's been offered by LSU and Bama and he's been all over Oregon with his tweets. If Lenoir and Johnson can get back on board.

andycapps

Of course he'll deny it. Time will tell. Dude was a UM lean for a long time. Sucks but that's crootin'...
Lawrence just committed to Clemson after being a UGA lean for a long time and then Clemson coming into the picture and gradually changing his mind. Sometimes recruits just do stuff. Don't think we're looking at Laremy Tunsil levels of giving his girlfriend a scholarship or anything.

Chris R

Shame HBCU football is relegated to this timeslot.

Also a shame the stands are so empty. Make the tickets $5 or something and bus people in.

ag-my001

San Diego State running back is now 11 yards from the all-time FBS rushing record with just over a quarter left.

Game on ABC.

And his defense just cost him a chance with a pick six. Nice baiting, covering three WR with two DB but jumping the screen route.

This is a tough game for Greg ward to end his career on. I don't think there's a place in the NFL for an undersized athlete like that unless he gets good as a corner

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
What asterisk? I'm not familiar with him.

The previous record did not include any post season games, including bowl games and conference title games. Pumphrey's does. Apparently if you count those games for the other players prior to them getting counted, he would be #3. Very impressive regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom