• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comic Book Day! - 03/09/11. Los Murcielagos; Black Ops; Stale Marshmallows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Picking up Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Force and Venom!

Foob said:
Ultimate Spider-Man is my favorite comic ever

My favourite too!

6Jrjd.jpg

bangai-o

Banned
of course after i discover Doc Savage is a pretty cool book, I find out that it is a cancelled series. Along with that, is going my favorite book that past few months The Spirit.

suuuuuucks

I wonder what David Hine is going to work on next. I just hope the it gets a good artist. The Spirit is great artwork, but Azreal is just an ugly ass book to read.

Lombaszko

Batman Inc. seems so fun and adventurous, but I know there will be some serious stuff going on down the line.
Pappagayo is my new favorite villain!
Grant Morrison is making me broke! I've almost finished collecting his entire Batman run, which isn't that hard because they are mostly in trades. So good!

Just got around to catching up in UC Spidey and it is still awesome, but also I noticed that UC X #4 finally has a date! Tickle me exicted Art Adams...tickle me exicted.

Lombaszko said:
Batman Inc. seems so fun and adventurous, but I know there will be some serious stuff going on down the line.
Pappagayo is my new favorite villain!
Grant Morrison is making me broke! I've almost finished collecting his entire Batman run, which isn't that hard because they are mostly in trades. So good!

I think Grant said in some interview that sometime next year the book is going to ramp up into some huge climax (probably having something to do with the villain we saw in The Return), and then he will have said everything he wants to about the character.

Then again, he originally said he was going to be done with Batman after RIP, so who knows.

FoneBone

Quoth Morrison, he's planning two years on Batman Inc. - the first 12 issues as a set of mini-arcs, leading up to the answer of why Bruce created Batman Inc. in the first place, and the next 12 in a big "apocalyptic" storyline that will probably be the end of his Batman run.

Blader

TheAtomicPile said:
I think Grant said in some interview that sometime next year the book is going to ramp up into some huge climax (probably having something to do with the villain we saw in The Return), and then he will have said everything he wants to about the character.

Then again, he originally said he was going to be done with Batman after RIP, so who knows.

Yeah, he's a bit beyond his original plan right now. He initially said he looked at his Batman run as five parts: Batman & Son, The Black Glove, RIP, Batman & Robin, The Return of Bruce Wayne. And then at some point a year or two ago, he came up with the idea for Inc.

bangai-o said:
of course after i discover Doc Savage is a pretty cool book, I find out that it is a cancelled series. Along with that, is going my favorite book that past few months The Spirit.

suuuuuucks

I wonder what David Hine is going to work on next. I just hope the it gets a good artist. The Spirit is great artwork, but Azreal is just an ugly ass book to read.

Yep.

I tried to tell people, and First Wave even had GAF's man-crush Batmangs in it; but noooo I couldn't change their minds. :(

Light week. Zatanna, grabbed the alt Spirit cover by Lee from last week since the shop marked it down (for the double dip), and the Donner / Johns Superman stuff that incorporates Zod, Non, and Ursa into the DCU.

Blader5489 said:
Yeah, he's a bit beyond his original plan right now. He initially said he looked at his Batman run as five parts: Batman & Son, The Black Glove, RIP, Batman & Robin, The Return of Bruce Wayne. And then at some point a year or two ago, he came up with the idea for Inc.

Yeah, and that's fine by me. I wish he'd just keep going. It'll be a sad day when the last Morrison Batman comic comes out.

bangai-o

Banned
im just going to keep subscribed to the First Wave books till they are done. Than ill alter my subs again.

I would love to get back into Marvel, but not till they bring that 3.99 price point down.

edit:

The Take Out Bandit said:
Light week. Zatanna, grabbed the alt Spirit cover by Lee from last week since the shop marked it down (for the double dip), and the Donner / Johns Superman stuff that incorporates Zod, Non, and Ursa into the DCU.

Jae Lee or Jim Lee? Id like to see Marvel and DC contracting more korean artists, or maybe im not seeing them.

bangai-o said:
Jae Lee or Jim Lee? Id like to see Marvel and DC contracting more korean artists, or maybe im not seeing them.

Jim Lee. I don't believe Jae Lee has ever done any DC work.

US comics are employing plenty of Korean artists (Canadians to a lesser extent if you'll dignify most of the unremarkable Udung staff as artists).

Problem I've noticed is a lot of these Korean artists can go on to be really successful at making covers, and once you're crapping out covers, it's not profitable to waste your time on interiors.

Shame our comic industry is so screwed in that regard. There are plenty of cover illustrators I'd love to see doing interiors, instead it's just a lost sale across the board as I don't buy a book for a cover and I'm not buying a book with god awful interiors.

Acid08

Banned
Foob said:
Ultimate Spider-Man is my favorite comic ever
I just got the first tpb of this, excited to read it!

Also just read Invincible #1-#13 and the first tpb of Astonishing X-Men. I need much more of both of those.

VGChampion said:
I don't know where at in Orlando you are but the Coliseum of Comics in the Fashion Square Mall and A Comic Shop on University are both good stores that I like.
I love Coliseum, they've been selling me comic crack for like 20 years lol. and shit! you guys just reminded me I forgot to get megacon tickets

SpiderJerusalem said:
I love Coliseum, they've been selling me comic crack for like 20 years lol. and shit! you guys just reminded me I forgot to get megacon tickets

Going to Megacon for the first time this year. Any tips? I've been to the Chicago cons for ever and a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom