• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2014. Flowers? Candy? Please. Get that guy/gal an omnibus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freeze, I wasn't paying attention and I nearly clicked that. id have spoiled Hawkeye and might not get another issue for 6 months...you know how aja is...

The time would fly and you wouldn't even notice the wait if you bought good books to pass the time instead of Ann Nocenti Catwoman. XD

Oh shit.. Somehow I ended up with 6 new books.

Tomb Raider
Lois Lane
Deadly Class #2
Serenity 1 and 2
Xfiles conspiracy: Transformers

Everybody Relax!

Messi

The time would fly and you wouldn't even notice the wait if you bought good books to pass the time instead of Ann Nocenti Catwoman. XD

I havent read it yet. So there is still hope. Maybe its good. 2 catwomen on my boooook.

I really like the catbird design :/

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
All voters have to register as official members of ComicsGAF. You will need an origin story and a defined characterization we can put on next month's recap page and pithy caption summing up your personality.

Spike Spiegel: Master of Comics OTs
Birdie: OMG
Messi: can't stop buying Nocenti Catwoman, pls send help
Rafa: ComicsGAF #1 rising brah
GrandHarrier: DC52 24/7
tim1138: Ditto, but cuter
frye: just some cool black guy
ElNarez: tryhard version of TTOB(rip)
NotTheGuyYouKill: bro, buy comic bro. its good bro.
Toa TAK: the SUPERIOR breed of comic fan
La Maquinon: Strong Female Character
Eric_J: Reads things in advance, wants everybody to know it
Parallax: the black Aquaman (written by Reginald Hudlin)
Guileless: Reads them for the articles
sillymonkey321: liked that one comic, one time, I think
Jedeye Sniv: Head prophet for the Church of Morrison

no one wants to know about a dude who can punch out superman and disable whaling boats with a wave of his finger

PsychBat!

Banned
really? i didn't think a whole heck of a lot really happened this issue. lots of buildup, but no real payoffs.

Agreed, and it looks like SpOck is going to fall hard.

Good to see another fellow Gaffer reading the SUPERIOR comic.

Well I used to have this as my avatar.

cWbLTVq.png

Toa TAK

Banned
really? i didn't think a whole heck of a lot really happened this issue. lots of buildup, but no real payoffs.

The solicit for next issue has my interest though- looks like spiderman 2099 inexplicably shows up again, after the city has been going to hell for god knows how long now.

Oh yeah. You know, the bigger the buildup, (hopefully) the bigger the payoff.
How was it? Simone is doing really well with Red Sonja. Does she give Lara the same treatment?
Curious to know as well.
Well I used to have this as my avatar.

cWbLTVq.png

A SUPERIOR avatar. Really liked the art in that issue.

It's insane, I sort of want to buy their books just for that.

First issue of Ruse was pretty fun, I hope it continues.

Edit: Any suggestions on things to start reading?

I've got:
Ruse
All-New X-factor
X-Force
Amazing X-Men
Harley Quinn

Should I get any of the batman or other stuff?

Did you end up getting The Fuse #1? I'd certainly recommend that.

arkon

I've got:
Ruse
All-New X-factor
X-Force
Amazing X-Men
Harley Quinn

What's Ruse about? Not heard of it before.

Messi

I've got:
Ruse
All-New X-factor
X-Force
Amazing X-Men
Harley Quinn

My work is already done for me.

Get Batman and Robin from the start of the new 52.

I'll give that World's Finest a go. I'm just waiting for the start of the next arc. Not that I have much confidence. I read the recent annual and it didn't do much for me.

It was a really good issue from back to back.
Now the sign language issue makes a bit more sense and less gimmicky.
(Hawkeye spoilers, just in case)

I can't quite remember what happened in that issue that would be illuminating. I might have to give it another read.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
"Superior" Spidey 28

The nightmare that is SpOck is almost over! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Would be hilarious if what's playing out now results in a reborn Parker that's 95% Ock memories.

"Superior" Spidey 28

The nightmare that is SpOck is almost over! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Would be hilarious if what's playing out now results in a reborn Parker that's 95% Ock memories.

I was about to mention the same thing,
it's pretty clear what Slott is up too considering Peter is reliving Otto's memories and struggling to remember who he is.

Identity Crisis incoming

Yeah, I just read Bat/Supes and Worlds Finest and I think it's a great story they have brewing. They really have the personalities of these characters down.

ReiGun

This week's Aquaman has convinced me that we need more comics about superheroes attending their high school reunions. I wonder if
all those rescues Arthur says he doesn't remember are setting up for something or are just a fun bit of characterization.
Parker so far feels far more focused on character and levity where Johns was more into worldbuilding and serious drama. The book is different now, but still really good.

ARGUS finally started to move in the 11th hour - of course - but it was probably the most entertaining issue. Where was this Steve Trevor these last four issues? He actually started to come across as pretty cool. Even the standard "I love and miss Diana-chan soooo much, uguu" scene actually worked.
The Cheetah jobbing is hella suspect, but whatever. Not going to think about power levels. Nope.

Superman: Lois Lane was cool and I want more of this.

Wasn't feeling Deadly Class as much this time around. It still looked fantastic, but none of the story did anything for me.

Hawkeye....damn. Just...damn.

This week's Aquaman has convinced me that we need more comics about superheroes attending their high school reunions. I wonder if
all those rescues Arthur says he doesn't remember are setting up for something or are just a fun bit of characterization.
Parker so far feels far more focused on character and levity where Johns was more into worldbuilding and serious drama. The book is different now, but still really good.

ARGUS finally started to move in the 11th hour - of course - but it was probably the most entertaining issue. Where was this Steve Trevor these last four issues? He actually started to come across as pretty cool. Even the standard "I love and miss Diana-chan soooo much, uguu" scene actually worked.
The Cheetah jobbing is hella suspect, but whatever. Not going to think about power levels. Nope.

Superman: Lois Lane was cool and I want more of this.

Wasn't feeling Deadly Class as much this time around. It still looked fantastic, but none of the story did anything for me.

Hawkeye....damn. Just...damn.

Glad to see aquaman is still good. I read trades, so I have like a year until I'm through with Johns run. Really fell in love with the character.

First iread WATXM has was LIKE :). will miss aron a lot

then read hawkeye and was like :O

then read Uncanny Avengers and was like :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Remender is a crazy mother.

still have aquaman, black scienve and deadly class

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
HawkeyeSpoilers
Clint got stabbed through the ear, didn't he?

It really looks like there's a solid hole through his head, but I guess he just gets ear shanked. Poor Barney...
. Also, we're gonna have an Aja vs. Sorrentino art-fight for best
disabled archer
comic

I know I'm late to the party for this week's Uncanny Avengers but...

UHHHHHH DID I THINK WHAT HAPPENED JUST HAPPEN

YES. I need the next issue like right now.

It really looks like there's a solid hole through his head, but I guess he just gets ear shanked. Poor Barney...
. Also, we're gonna have an Aja vs. Sorrentino art-fight for best
disabled archer
comic
You can see both arrows have blood on them in the last page. I'm guessing he stabbed both ears.

Two thirds of the writers involved are doing amazing work with Supes. I'm going to dip into it hoping Soule and Pak make the Lobdell parts bearable.

That's a good point.

I'm really enjoying Action Comics and I would hate to see a crossover mess up it's momentum.

Unrelated, but ya'll just made me purchase a digital comic at FULL price...

Aja can take all the time he needs if he keeps delivering this level of work.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
It's a shame because when he tries Robinson is right up there with the best including people like Gaiman. His Starman run is the stuff of legends and The Golden Age is better than Watchmen in my opinion.

I think it's worth bearing in mind that Robinson seems really really bad at starting a run off. The first Starman book is probably as bad as it ever gets, and the Shade book started off wonky as well. I think he takes a while to find his voice. Either that or he's just got really shitty in the past 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom