• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2014. Flowers? Candy? Please. Get that guy/gal an omnibus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And between Ultimates, Avengers A.I., and Uncanny X-Force, Sam Humphries is giving Cullen Bunn a run for his money in quickly cancelled Marvel titles. They should form up with Joe Keatinge like Voltron and make Mega-Bomb Squad. Starring Morbius, Puck, and The Vision.

And between Ultimates, Avengers A.I., and Uncanny X-Force, Sam Humphries is giving Cullen Bunn a run for his money in quickly cancelled Marvel titles. They should form up with Joe Keatinge like Voltron and make Mega-Bomb Squad. Starring Morbius, Puck, and The Vision.
Hahahaha Blandest writers in the biz.

All Star Western is cancelled. Don't expect it to be replaced though, gotta make room for more weeklies!

Hold the phone

dDtkhzy.png

If you guys have want to support titles like Vibe or Amethyst you'd do well to actually buy them. I buy almost every new title but I can't do it alone.

tim1138

If you guys have want to support titles like Vibe or Amethyst you'd do well to actually buy them. I buy almost every new title but I can't do it alone.

Pretty sure you, me, and Rafa were the only ones buying those books.

I'm feeling the urge to do a big Manhattan Projects post, but I'll save it for the March thread this weekend so all three people who follow the book can see it.

Aw yeah, Punisher 1 and 2 are going back to second printings:

http://comicbuzz.com/2014/02/everyone-loves-all-new-marvel-now-more-titles-return-to-press/

February 27th, 2014, NEW YORK, NY— Critics and fans have spoken yet again, and some of the boldest new titles of All-New Marvel NOW! are returning to press for a second printing! Marvel Comics is proud to announce that SHE-HULK #1, THE PUNISHER #1, THE PUNISHER #2, ALL-NEW INVADERS #2, and NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEADPOOL #3 have all sold out at the distributor level and will all immediately return to press!

NOW is your chance to jump on board some of these critically acclaimed titles!

“She-Hulk is stunning. Beauifully written, wonderfully drawn, this is a comic you should be reading; It’s just that good”
- IGN, on SHE-HULK #1

“The Punisher is off to an amazing start and has the potential to be one of the best comic books on the rack.”
- Comicosity, on THE PUNISHER #1

“[All-New Invaders] is using just the right amount of nostalgia to fuel something new and exciting that has payoffs for old and new fans alike.”
- ScienceFiction.com, on ALL-NEW INVADERS #2

“Bunn’s managed to juggle a story that’s funny, gruesome, and surprisingly emotional. Throw in Rosanas’ brilliant artwork and you’ve got a fantastic limited series.”
- Comic Vine, on NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEADPOOL #3

These red-hot books join over thirty titles from the massively popular All-New Marvel NOW! initiative to return for second printings! Now is your chance to jump on board with the hottest new series of 2014 when these titles explode back into comic shops! No fan should miss out on the year’s grandest storytelling event! The future of comics is here – don’t miss out when SHE-HULK #1, THE PUNISHER #1, THE PUNISHER #2, ALL-NEW INVADERS #2, and NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEADPOOL #3 all return to press this April!

Plus, Punisher 3 is out next week. Fuck yeah.

Man Im thinking of ordering all Hellboy Library, BPRD hardcovers, 100 Bullets deluxe editions, Rachel Rising, Scott Pilgrim color and the last two Invincible Ultimate editions. Help me.

I'm feeling the urge to do a big Manhattan Projects post, but I'll save it for the March thread this weekend so all three people who follow the book can see it.

Pssshht, I WISH three people here gave a shit about my favourite series.

Glad so many dig on my #2 though! War Rat Queens <3 <3 <3

Meanwhile Hopless keeps winning .

-----

I bought amethyst love sword and scorecy books

I know none of you aholes care, but someone has collected all the Clavis Aurea entries that appear in Manhattan Projects.

therecordedfeynman.blogspot.com

Wow that's so great.
Manhatan Projects is one of the series I double dip with trades. I've already managed to get two non-comic readers addicted to it.

lordmrw

After Countdown I'm wary of any DC weekly series. Holy shit that was bad, only reason I bought it was because my brother gave me me money for that and a few other series. That said I am interested in checking out Future's End for a few issues just to see what its all about.

Marvel is spreading their line like herpes. Dios mio we got RR, Watcher, Doop, Nightcrawler and Wolverine with guns series from Marvel.

DC has plenty of variety:

We got Batman ETERNAL:

We got weekly Batman BEYOND:

We got Earth 2 staring
Batman!
don't forget the award winning Injustice series with that guy Batman in it
and if your still not satisfied with the diversity of the line. There is even a Smallsville comic that features the highly underrated and underappricated batman character

You been picking up the Red Sonja one shots?

I bought Li'l Sonja
unfortunately
. Didn't get the Nancy Collin one-shot, but I kind of regretted it after the fact because I heard it was great.

And.. I've been putting off saying so but I dropped Red Sonja proper. It really is a good series, but I just don't like it ENOUGH to carry on with the second arc. Still gonna see Legends of Red Sonja through, though. I'm enjoying it and I can't drop a mini series to save my life anyway, so.

ReiGun

We got Batman ETERNAL:

We got Batman BEYOND:

We got Earth 2 staring
Batman!

and if your still not satisfied with the diversity of the line. There is even a Smallsville comic that features the highly underrated and underappricated batman character

Tell me more about this Batman person. Seems like he could be a pretty cool guy. And whose that blue chap with him there?

DC seems to really be breaking new ground!

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

We got Batman ETERNAL:

We got weekly Batman BEYOND:

We got Earth 2 staring
Batman!

Yeah, but you can just about do the same with Wolverine and Marvel, yo.

Tell me more about this Batman person. Seems like he could be a pretty cool guy. And whose that blue chap with him there?

DC seems to really be breaking new ground!

The funny thing is this is all IN ADDITION to the main Batman line which I believe is 4 main titles plus Bat-Family books (Red Hood, Nightwing, Talon, Birds of Prey, etc.) and is not counting team up books like World's Finest, Superman/Batman, Justice League, etc.

Yeah, but you can just about do the same with Wolverine and Marvel, yo.

Wolverine doesn't have 3 weekly ongoings

Messi

Yo, has anyone read Night of the Living Deadpool?

Yep, the art is great and its quite a different Deadpool book. He first issue is kind of creepy. Wade has no one to bounce jokes off of so it makes him seem more unhinged. It is kind of emotional at times too. I like it.

--

Harley is in Eternal? Hype. Odd that joker is not in that promo picture. I find it hard to believe Joker will be gone for another year.

Owzers

DC needs more Harley's and less every damn thing else. Marvel right now is just sticking their hand out screaming " HEY YOU GUYS, WE GOT BOOKS!"

Even if half the books get canned or more, at least i got to read some weird fun stuff every once in awhile. DC said they had some ongoings that were going to be starting with that Future's End 3d tie-in 99 cent cheeseburger that's entirely not rat meat, i'm hoping there will be some standouts that are worth picking up on their own merits and not because of hype reasons.

Messi

DC needs more Harley's and less every damn thing else. Marvel right now is just sticking their hand out screaming " HEY YOU GUYS, WE GOT BOOKS!"

Even if half the books get canned or more, at least i got to read some weird fun stuff every once in awhile. DC said they had some ongoings that were going to be starting with that Future's End 3d tie-in 99 cent cheeseburger that's entirely not rat meat, i'm hoping there will be some standouts that are worth picking up on their own merits and not because of hype reasons.

I agree with all of this. Marvel are killing it with all the new ongoings announcements.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Wolverine doesn't have 3 weekly ongoings

No but I'd say only Eternal is a true Batman ongoing. Future's End is an event that'll bring Terry into the regular DCU, but it ain't necessarily a Batman ongoing. And the third one is still a mystery.

Regardless, I'm all for more Batman as long as there's a good story to tell.

Yes, that is well known. Doesn't mean Walking Dead is a bad comic. All the trades I have read of it are very good actually. Maybe it just isn't read by GAF that much.

I've read all the trades, save the most recent, which is waiting on the shelf. Plenty on this thread read it but there isn't a ton of discussion, no. I think it's quite good, but a lot of people around here think it fell off after the Governor/prison arc. I agree it has at times been a bit meandering or circular with it's plotting. And I have other issues with it, but overall I really care about the characters and finding it an engrossing read.

Owzers

Yes, that is well known. Doesn't mean Walking Dead is a bad comic. All the trades I have read of it are very good actually. Maybe it just isn't read by GAF that much.

It's usually the first or second book i read each month when i get my dcbs order in, it's very...breezy. It's not that deep and sometimes it's shocking, lately i've been enjoying it. I think the high points " everyone is buzzing" time isn't now though, maybe it will get back to those peaks, but a lot of the excite excitement has faded. I think the failure of this War arc is a lack of intrigue between the sides, i'm not really invested with Negan or the King guy.

Filthy Slug

It's usually the first or second book i read each month when i get my dcbs order in, it's very...breezy. It's not that deep and sometimes it's shocking, lately i've been enjoying it. I think the high points " everyone is buzzing" time isn't now though, maybe it will get back to those peaks, but a lot of the excite excitement has faded. I think the failure of this War arc is a lack of intrigue between the sides, i'm not really invested with Negan or the King guy.

I think my problem with it was that I followed the story, happily, for the first 60 issues when it was coming out, but then I just caught onto this repetitious pattern of false drama created by the 'anybody and everybody will die' shit that Kirkman built into the heart of the story. That and Kirkman's writing on it is just the flattest fucking thing. I feel like the surge and sales in the comics comes from mostly non-comic readers who got exposure through the game, which is a better story than any of the comic issues, and the show.

My ideal week of comics!
The Wake, Rat Queens, Black Science, Deadly Class all great.

The Wake has me excited about these next 4 issues (part 2).

Messi

I think my problem with it was that I followed the story, happily, for the first 60 issues when it was coming out, but then I just caught onto this repetitious pattern of false drama created by the 'anybody and everybody will die' shit that Kirkman built into the heart of the story. That and Kirkman's writing on it is just the flattest fucking thing. I feel like the surge and sales in the comics comes from mostly non-comic readers who got exposure through the game, which is a better story than any of the comic issues, and the show.

The exposure absolutely came from the tv show and not the game.

Filthy Slug

The exposure absolutely came from the tv show and not the game.

You don't think videogame heads who hadn't heard of it flocked to grab the comic based on such a good game? Numbers-wise, the show has way fucking more exposure, but that game made rounds, man.

The game is great, heartfelt and moving, but I couldn't disagree with this more. There are numerous arcs in the comic that are as good as the game. And even better. For example, the prison endgame (such as it was) and the cannibal stuff with Dale which brought about my favourite fuck yeah comic moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom