• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming to Xbox Game Pass: Diablo IV, The Quarry, Ark: Survival Ascended, and More

Kydd BlaZe

In for The Quarry and Evil West. Already own Diablo IV (paid $100 for early access and barely even touched it SMH). Really wish I waited on D4.

RAIDEN1

It looks plain weird in the new Hot Wheels Unleashed with the motorbikes, not having a character on them...and yet in the story cut scenes there are characters?

Ashamam

Diablo 4 is Ass. Ass is Ass, my friend. And it will always be Ass. You can't brute force your way out of Ass.
Played the hell out of release, Season 1, Season 2 and Season 3. With breaks in between. It has issues but it can also be so satisfying with the right build. Which tells me they have the bones nailed, so now they need to iterate and add end game and fix the itemisation. But it is far from the trainwreck people make it out to be. Might never achieve its full potential though, mind find out more about that tomorrow I think it is. Also one of the best couch coop games available imho.

reinking

Gold Member
Seal Of Approval Thumbs Up GIF

Bridges

Installed The Show and fired it up, stupid microtransactions in the Road to the Show mode seem even more aggressive than ever. Uninstalled.

Sports games are such trash nowadays.
Try Super Mega Baseball. It's way more arcadey if you're okay with that but it's incredibly fun and often hilarious. There are a couple of new baseball stadiums you can buy but I've never seen them advertised in-game. Otherwise no micro transactions, just fun. And it's on Game Pass if you're an Ultimate member.

kiphalfton

I need to finish FF12 Rebirth so I can play the Quarry and some other GP stuff.

That's how I feel. My subscription has sat unused since I beat Lies of P in November.

Too bad Game Pass on PC seems to only get like 50% to 75% of console Game Pass games.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

This has turned into a really nice month. Never got to the Quarry on PS4, I'll make sure I get to that one. Hot Wheels 2 and Diablo. Really nice.

alienator

im in shock evil west is getting so much praise here, its literally a game designed in 360/ps3 times, its buggy (tried it on ps5 via psn, first days servers didnt work for co-op) , got stuck in sceneray, had a boss fight where the boss went into a t pose, and overal, every level has the same enemies and a lot of re-used enemies from levels u just played., its hilariously bad. See that group of enemies there ? u cant shoot them! u first have to jump over this obstacle to start the fight (it will happen a million times ingame) , press this button? be sure to position your character pixel perfect. playing in co-op? here are exactly the same 2 player models for the both of u. which magically disappears on who ever first triggers the cut scene. its hilariously bad. after 4 or 5 levels i gave up on it, when the game starts the gameplay is kinda fun shooting and using your fists, but once it wears off u will figure out its a game designed by checkboxes and generic templates. 5/10 would not play again.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
im in shock evil west is getting so much praise here, its literally a game designed in 360/ps3 times

That's probably a big reason why some of us like that. It's not a typical modern AAA shooter which spend more time in cinematics and slow-walk-talk segments.

alienator

That's probably a big reason why some of us like that. It's not a typical modern AAA shooter which spend more time in cinematics and slow-walk-talk segments.
what? the game is litterally funneled into walking from setpiece to setpiece while listening to the letters u just found, get a cutscene, fight some enemies and continue walking to the next one wherer u find some letters again to listen to ;)

Beechos

Evil west is like a clone of the new gow. Really trying hard to get into it the art style and colors are really putting me off.

bender

What time is it?
Tried Evil West a few months back when it hit PS+ and only made it a few hour sin. It doesn't help that it starts with your character shimming through a crack in the wall or maybe it was a ledge shimmy. Meh.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Diablo IV is now live on Game Pass if you're visiting New Zealand.

PC version apparently does *not* have Achievements, based on Tom Warren's tweet.

Open Roads launched on Game Pass today too which looks worth at least a try.
I just finished Open Roads.
Short but Good walking sim, nice little mystery with characters that I liked.
It’s possible to finish it in an afternoon. 2 or 3 hours of walking around a couple of old dilapidated houses.
No bugs, Nice voice acting and animation.
If you like narrative walking sim give it a go.

Jesb

Diablo 4 is a great addition. Just started playing it on gfn. Guessing the querry is not pc?

Roberts

I see Evil West as a 6.5/10 game (which is totally fine score in my book) but I can only enjoy it in short 20-30 minute sessions. Longer than that and the repetition sets in and I lose interest.

Top Bottom