• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concept art from Andy Serkis' Animal Farm adaptation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
animal-farm-concept-art.jpg

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/04...andy-serkis-performance-captured-animal-farm/

Serkis on the approach they're taking:
“I think we have found a rather fresh way of looking at the story using an amalgamation of filming styles, including performance capture. It is a wide canvas on which we are exploring how far we can take performance capture with quadrupeds. We are exploring new avenues of performance including puppeteering parts of animals; it’s terribly exciting."
"We will tell Orwell's classic tale as a vibrant engaging story for 21st Century families. Just imagine Orwell writing today… seeing the entire story from the point of view of an adorable knee-high piglet…

A rite of passage for this once naïve, baby-face piglet Lucky, son of Napoleon, as he witnesses the rise and fallof a dream: a perfect existence without human beings. A modern commentary of the perils of corporate greed, but with all the innocence, joy and sensitivity of a fairy-tale.

Just great fun, anarchic, contemporary, quick-witted and very funny … but also fearful, whereby jeopardy is in the unseen implied violence; raucous, thrilling with big set pieces; but also subtle – with incisive subversion and satire; heartbreakingly honest, accepting of sadness and emotionally ebullient."
Due: 2014

Andes Circus' directorial debut? I'm assuming since there's no mention of a director in the article, which might imply something.

A new AF adaptation could be interesting. It's an important satire.

Nudull

Banned
Had no idea this was even coming out. Screenwriter and Serkis himself has me curious, though, so I'll be seeing this.

Chuckl3s

Andes Circus' directorial debut? I'm assuming since there's no mention of a director in the article, which might imply something.

A new AF adaptation could be interesting. It's an important satire.

Yes its his debut but he was the second unit director for the Hobbit films. So I don't know how much of that actual counts as being a director.

I'm glad they are making another adaptation. Can't wait. Just hope its not a kid friendly version.

Akahige

Yes its his debut but he was the second unit director for the Hobbit films. So I don't know how much of that actual counts as being a director.

I'm glad they are making another adaptation. Can't wait. Just hope its not a kid friendly version.
When it comes time to promote the film it be on everything poster "from the guy who directed those sweeping outdoor shots in The Hobbit Trilogy".

I hate pigs. I hate everything pig related. Hate their face, hate anthropomorphic cartoon pigs, and everything else (except ham, sausage and bacon). I am so not the market for this. I pray my kids don't ask for this thing by name. Ugh. Pigs.

LQX

Loved Animal Farm. Being an idiot, I no idea of the bigger message it was sending. I read and thought of it as an ordinary kids book for a long time until some clued me in. Remains the only book I actually re-read.

Andrew.

Banned
Animal Farm? A family film? Good luck with that.

Might as well just make a new Babe or live action Charlottes Web if they're gonna play it safe for 21st century families. Jesus christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom