• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord will offer Free Heroes and Updates

Draugoth

Gold Member
screenshot-2024-06-05-at-11-36-12-concord-reveal-cinematic-trailer-ps5-games.jpg

The Playstation Australia store page states the following:
  • Game is launching with 6 PvP game modes, mixture of objective and respawn based.
  • Heroes can unlock unique modifiers to change their gameplay
  • Post-launch heroes, game modes, maps/worlds and weekly cinematic vignettes will be free of cost
  • Daily and weekly challenges to unlock items for heroes
  • $40 for Standard and $60 for Deluxe offering 72h early access and some skins
Source: https://store.playstation.com/en-au/concept/10002695

spons

Gold Member
I wonder how many people will get the deluxe version, as playing a PvP game 3 days early only really works if you have people to play with.

Varteras

Gold Member
The monetization is sounding solid enough. Half the standard price and the most important post-launch additions will be free of charge. So far, they're doing well enough in that regard.

Salz01

This should have been F2P through and through.

… and even then I probably wouldn’t touch it.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Waiting to see feedback from beta and what the modes are.

I hate to draw this conclusion because people will get the wrong idea but it gives me real Lawbreakers vibes and not Overwatch.

Most hated LB but I loved it. If this ends up being a better and more popular version of that I’m in.

I think a $40 up front fee or a discount $20, without ever having to buy a hero or farm a hero points to unlock, is far better than being nickle and dimed.

Edit: Just saw the other thread from the lead character designer and his woke ass agenda nonsense.

I’m out. Game can go flop.

Last edited:
Ita not the money thats the problem, its the confidence in the investment. If Valorant ever launched on consoles and I dropped 40$ for the season pass and premium skins I know in 2026 that game will still be chugging along. Concord..is a risk. Will there be a playerbase beyond the first 3 months. Who the fuck knows.

Ita not the money thats the problem, its the confidence in the investment. If Valorant ever launched on consoles and I dropped 40$ for the season pass and premium skins I know in 2026 that game will still be chugging along. Concord..is a risk. Will there be a playerbase beyond the first 3 months. Who the fuck knows.
It's not a game like Suicide Squad, where you are dependent on Rocksteady releasing monthly content to continue playing. It is a 5v5 hero shooter that is being released by a massive publisher. No matter what, they are going to leave the servers up for years to come, even if it totally bombs. Thankfully, you have the option to wait, and see if it takes off or not

Last edited:
The 6 PvP modes kind of turns me off here.

Just make 1 good concept and not split your playerbase into different modes. Feels like “I don’t know, put TDM and FFA in there as well, maybe they like that?”.

ByWatterson

IOW, the whites are coming and they'll be free please come back.

If they allow me to turn off pronouns I might start listening.

realcool

• Post-launch heroes, game modes, maps/worlds and weekly cinematic vignettes will be free of cost

Not so fast, evildoers.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
screenshot-2024-06-05-at-11-36-12-concord-reveal-cinematic-trailer-ps5-games.jpg

The Playstation Australia store page states the following:
  • Game is launching with 6 PvP game modes, mixture of objective and respawn based.
  • Heroes can unlock unique modifiers to change their gameplay
  • Daily and weekly challenges to unlock items for heroes
Source: https://store.playstation.com/en-au/concept/10002695
What a fucking mess this game is. Sony looking like fucking chumps.

Top Bottom