• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy has sold 20 million units worldwide

Draugoth

Gold Member
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy has sold-through a total of 20 million units worldwide, publisher Activision announced.

To celebrate the milestone, the following titles are on sale on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 platforms until July 3:

qao9zo3v3r7d1.jpeg

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
Holy shit, I had no idea that Crash still had anywhere near this level of mainstream popularity.
I think it just exploded in popularity with kids these days; I keep seeing toys of the games in a supermarket, in fucking Ecuador out of all countries.

wvnative

I am so glad other people liked this.

But for me, it's one of the most disappointing game releases of all time. The Hitbox issue single handedly ruined it for me, and every vehicle level actually feels WORSE than the PS1 originals.

Loved the Visuals/Audio though, and despite the issues, the updated save system makes Crash 1 probably a better experience here. I refuse to play 2 and 3 with this collection though.

Pretty amazing it's sold that much though.

I'm also disappointed/baffled that there were never any PC mods that tried to fix the game's problems.

The fuck? 20 million units? Well, it's also the only good Crash Bandicoot game (plus CTR remake) since 1999, so nice job all around.
Still a crime CTR remake never got a current-gen patch or a PC port. The loading times on that one makes it unplayable for me, all that could be sorted out with a current-gen patch or pc port, but I guess they don't like money.

A guy got in trouble at work because of this game. He didn't get fired, but I remember it was a thing.
He kept calling a girl who's name was Brandi, 'Crash Brandi-Cute'.

Krathoon

An important thing to point out is that the PlayStation version of Crash Team Racing has extra content.

I made the mistake of getting the Xbox version.

Shake Your Rump

Gold Member
They gave this away free on PSplus. Do those sales count?

one of the best & most faithful remakes ever made, well deserved. If only Spyro got this much attention
If I recall correctly, it was 30fps. I tried it and it was unplayable on my OLED compared to the PS1 edition.

The Spyro remakes were awesome, though.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Good set of remakes but I'm surprised this collection moved so many units. Outside of the first game, I'm not really feeling Crash. I wouldn't call them particularly good platformers. Too many levels are straight up trash, especially in the third game, Warped.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Good set of remakes but I'm surprised this collection moved so many units. Outside of the first game, I'm not really feeling Crash. I wouldn't call them particularly good platformers. Too many levels are straight up trash, especially in the third game, Warped.

This will have sold piles and piles of units to people who played Crash as a kid and aren't particularly bothered about video games in general now. Own a Switch they picked up cheap and fancied a nostalgic moment.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Keanu Reeves Reaction GIF

Ok this is good, I don't play those games but we need more variety in the industry and it's good people are voting with their wallets, specially after the game barely gets any sale or price cut

winjer

This was on an Humble Bundle, so some sales were from this.
But still, that is a lot of copies. I never imagined this trilogy would sell so much.

THE DUCK

Banned
Pretty crazy they aren't brining this out on gamepass to celebrate. I mean does ms want gamepass to succeed or not really?

Saber

Gold Member
Its an incredibly faithfull remake, no wonder people love it.
I'm still waiting for a better treatment for Nitro Fueled. That is another freaking great game that would do alot better with a 60 fps patch.
Any other Crash that they made after those 2 were garbage though.

Last edited:
Only ps4/ps5.. Grrr... Already have it on that. Where is the sale for the switch version? I swear this never goes on sale there and if it does it's bundled with spyro for a higher price like $30. Wife has spyro on switch so it's a waste.

I swear they know people would want it on switch so they don't put it on sale. Greedy activision.

Sony is probably kicking itself for selling this and syro ips to them back in the ps1 era. Although Sony doesn't do mascot games anymore much.

Holy shit, I had no idea that Crash still had anywhere near this level of mainstream popularity.

Wonder if he’ll be in the next Smash Bros lol
It really only seems to be the remake. Crash 4 only sold about 5 million-ish copies the last they announced, iirc. Still a respectable number for a non Mario platformer but looks like a big push for the OG trilogy was really just a nostalgia play.

kiphalfton

Gold Member
ya think Switch sold more than PS?

How did you come with that split, does it have someting to do with your mongloid genetics or something

Just because the OG games were PlayStation exclusives, doesn't mean they sold more on PS than Switch...

You under-estimate the switch game sales, especially for stuff like this (i.e. rated E game, value due to multiple games in one set, games that aren't super graphically intense and will look fine on switch when compared to PS, people preferring mobile, etc.)

bosnianpie

I knew it did well but these are pretty crazy numbers despite being across several platforms, right?

Gives me hope for a Crash 5 one day.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Man, that’s crazy. Especially since Crash games aren’t even good.

Yeah I said it.

If only someone else had the IP ... Sekiro too. Anybody but Activision/Spencer would kill for this kind of success. But nooo, just calladoody now

Same ol G

Just because the OG games were PlayStation exclusives, doesn't mean they sold more on PS than Switch...

You under-estimate the switch game sales, especially for stuff like this (i.e. rated E game, value due to multiple games in one set, games that aren't super graphically intense and will look fine on switch when compared to PS, people preferring mobile, etc.)
I agree, i was just joking mooreberg style.
B.t.w. he's still offline

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

Love me some Crash! Can’t believe MS let go of Toys for Bob.. Hopefully they’ll let them make more games in both the Crash and Spyro series.

Last edited:
Top Bottom