• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy has sold 20 million units worldwide

Holammer

has CTR been updated to 60fps?
No, but... *Palpatine mode engaged*
You can get a solid 60fps with Switch emulation, even 100-120 fps region with vsync turned off (with a recent CPU).

If you have a PS5 with old firmware, you can get 60fps too. But that's way too complicated for a general user.

It's almost criminal how they don't fix the games on Xbox Series & PS5. It's so easy enthusiasts are doing it, but publishers would rather have you buy new games than play old ones.

That’s awesome, but I don’t think Crash 4 performed well. And that’s the far more important metric for the series moving forward. I don’t think they’ll make more any time soon.

Mowcno

That’s awesome, but I don’t think Crash 4 performed well. And that’s the far more important metric for the series moving forward. I don’t think they’ll make more any time soon.
What do you think Toys for Bob is teasing with the tiki mask image then? https://toysforbob.com/

Crash 4 sold over 5m and was surely profitable for the budget needed for a game like this, you can expect more crash.

fatmarco

The Spyro trilogy remaster was pretty good. I'd put it at least on par with the Crash remaster.
Yeah I'm not sure I get this statement either.

If anything the Spyro remake was better because the quality of life improvements didn't make certain levels unnecessarily hard like they did in Crash 1's remake.

Only issue with Spyro was the 2nd and 3rd games didn't get quite as much bespoke love as the first game did.

SHA

Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

Love me some Crash! Can’t believe MS let go of Toys for Bob.. Hopefully they’ll let them make more games in both the Crash and Spyro series.

Kerotan

Had fun platinumimg these. Pity they went and made crash 4 a stupidly hard platform. I ended up playing it far less as a result.

YCoCg

Gold Member
Wow, you know what, this would be a good time to drop a damn 60fps patch to celebrate, update CTR too! These games have no right being locked to 30fps.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I am so glad other people liked this.

But for me, it's one of the most disappointing game releases of all time. The Hitbox issue single handedly ruined it for me, and every vehicle level actually feels WORSE than the PS1 originals.
Oh, so there was an issue with hitboxes? I dropped any ambition of doing time trials in Crash 3 because stuff like those underwater whirlwind traps felt ridiculously cheap, and I could swear they worked differently in the original. And yeah, the motorbike definitely felt off too. Plus, Crash 2’s remake may be the most enraged I have been at a game since forever. I mean, I may have gotten rustier with age, but those ice sections couldn’t have been that hard on PS1.

On the other hand, the QoL features added to Crash 1 made it the best version, hands down. I could never push myself to 100% the first game on PS1 a second time.

fatmarco

Oh, so there was an issue with hitboxes? I dropped any ambition of doing time trials in Crash 3 because stuff like those underwater whirlwind traps felt ridiculously cheap, and I could swear they worked differently in the original. And yeah, the motorbike definitely felt off too. Plus, Crash 2’s remake may be the most enraged I have been at a game since forever. I mean, I may have gotten rustier with age, but those ice sections couldn’t have been that hard on PS1.

On the other hand, the QoL features added to Crash 1 made it the best version, hands down. I could never push myself to 100% the first game on PS1 a second time.

Hugare

Crazy numbers

I'm glad for Crash. Tho I really preffer playing the originals. They feel so much better.

wvnative

Oh I assure you they weren't. Challenging yes, but not bullshit.

The problem to my understanding is that the hitboxes in the remakes are rounded, meaning the hitbox extends slightly beyond crash's character model, so narrowly squeezing between nitro crates is way harder. this is also why he tends to slip off ledges that you barely make the jump on. On PS1 the hitboxes were much more 1:1 with the actual model. Also crash will NEVER slip off a ledge on PS1.

There was a small backlash from the hardcore fans at release about this. Vicarious Visions just shrugged and said "sorry, unavoidable limitation with our game engine"

I'm not a game developer but this sounded suspect to me af. Your telling me you guys have zero method of adjusting hitboxes? Sounds really weird to me.

I thought for sure PC modders would take care of it but as of now, no such mod exists.

Top Bottom