• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Remastered! Crytek Studio Tour + First Xbox One X Gameplay! DF

Jose92

[Membe

Digital Foundry's love for Crysis is well known and only ever grows stronger - and for uber-fan Alex Battaglia, the chance to visit Crytek HQ, check out all versions of the game and talk to the developers was nothing short of a dream come true.

Join Alex and John for a tour of the Crytek offices and get your first look at work-in-progress footage of Crysis Remastered running on Xbox One X. Like what you see? T

his is just the beginning... Subscribe for more Digital Foundry: http://bit.ly/DFSubscribe Join the DF Patreon to support the team more directly and to get access to everything we do via pristine quality downloads: https://bit.ly/3jEGjvx Want some DF-branded tee-shirts, mugs, hoodies or pullovers?

Check out our store: https://bit.ly/2BqRTt0

Last edited:

Fake

Digital Foundry's love for Crysis is well known and only ever grows stronger - and for uber-fan Alex Battaglia, the chance to visit Crytek HQ, check out all versions of the game and talk to the developers was nothing short of a dream come true. Join Alex and John for a tour of the Crytek offices and get your first look at work-in-progress footage of Crysis Remastered running on Xbox One X. Like what you see? This is just the beginning...

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Voxel Global Illumination. I'm glad Crytek took the time to master it. Why don't more games use CryEngine? Why doesn't Halo use it?
It's...complicated, let say that one of the reason why with Kingdom Come Deliverance there were Germans in the team, was that they were past or present Crytek Employee. It's not as a plug and play as Unreal for example.

ethomaz

Banned
Nice remaster.

But people told me it will look better on PS4/XB1 than Crysis PC maxed but after see a bit of it on X well lol

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Wait...is it worse than vanilla crysis on pc? I can't believe that...
It looks to have better modern effect but the graphics are indeed inferior if you compared with PC 2007 release maxed.
The vegetation is not on the same level for example.
After all the consoles are really underpowered compared with PCs.

Said that they only showed little parts of the gameplay.

Don't take wrong it is still way better than Crysis 360 via BC on X.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

Nice remaster.

But people told me it will look better on PS4/XB1 than Crysis PC maxed but after see a bit of it on X well lol
Did you literally laugh out loud? Did you watch the video and go... "OMG, IT DOESNT LOOK AS GOOD!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA(falls out of chair) HAHAHA (rolls around on ground) HAHAHAHAHA(starts rolling down the street) HAHAHAHAHA?

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I mean, i tried vanilla crysis 2 years ago and it's not really a beauty anymore...maybe the modded version but not the vanilla.
I thought it was not that hard to beat with a remaster...
Well I find Crysis 2 inferior to Crysis in graphic terms... it has better performance thought.

Did you literally laugh out loud? Did you watch the video and go... "OMG, IT DOESNT LOOK AS GOOD!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA?
No laugh at at... I expected that.... well anybody with a bit of knowledge have the same opinion.

Said that it looks really good for X.

Last edited:

Fake

I mean, i tried vanilla crysis 2 years ago and it's not really a beauty anymore...maybe the modded version but not the vanilla.
I thought it was not that hard to beat with a remaster...

I guess the focus of the Cryengine 2 was the quality, while Cryengine 3 and foward was about optmization. I can be surprise by the final code, but again its not hard to believe the vanilla Crysis will beat the Crysis Remastered on PS4/Xbox.

MarkMe2525

Well I somehow finds Crysis 2 inferior to Crysis... it has better performance thought.

No laugh at at... I expected that.... well anybody with a bit of knowledge have the same opinion.

Said that it looks really good for X.
I would agree, those guesses were uninformed.

Banned
Voxel Global Illumination. I'm glad Crytek took the time to master it. Why don't more games use CryEngine? Why doesn't Halo use it?

have you ever seen a non-Crytek game made in Cryengine that actually runs well and/or looks good? I haven't... all I've seen is one absolute travesty after the other.

I can't think of a single Cryengine game that looks and runs well on any console and even on PC.

Kingdom Come runs like absolute shit even on PC, and it looks like absolute shit as well.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

have you ever seen a non-Crytek game made in Cryengine that actually runs well and/or looks good? I haven't... all I've seen is one absolute travesty after the other.

I can't think of a single Cryengine game that looks and runs well on any console and even on PC.

Kingdom Come runs like absolute shit even on PC, and it looks like absolute shit as well.

Had no issues whatsoever on PC playing this. Thoroughly enjoyed it too.

Banned

Had no issues whatsoever on PC playing this. Thoroughly enjoyed it too.

Prey comes really close, but even here, basically every console version aside from the One X version is borderline unplayable due to bad performance and massive amounts of input latency.

on PC it runs really well I agree. and Prey is basically the only acceptably performing game on console made in Cryengine that I know of... but again, only acceptable not great... and especially not great on base PS4 with the shitload of latency (not sure how the Pro version holds up nowadays)

it also had a load of other technical issues on console at launch and it took several patches to get the latency on PS4 down to a state where it's playable, but that introduced stutters and other issues if I recall correctly

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Lol XBX still running 13 year old game at 30fps.

It's good to hear they are working to get this one right. I had mixed feelings about what has been shown so far but I am willing to give them a chance.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Wait...is it worse than vanilla crysis on pc? I can't believe that...
Well the Original Crysis was designed for CPUs far beyond the highest at the time.
XBOX ONE (X) instead has... Jaguars
a66f891c5e2592bfaa164d28e3d00933.gif

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

Lol what cringy mofo with shitty taste...
Nostalgia is real man, I don't know if you're old enough to remember the build to the game, but that shit was fucking unbelievable. I remember the first time I saw a 240p clip of someone shooting in the forest, and watching all those trees break and fall down with somewhat realistic physics blew my mind. There was one problem though. It definitely set our expectations way too high on what to expect graphically from games going forward. Regardless, I probably had more fun with Halo 1, Halo 2, and NFL 2k2 then I probably ever will again considering I'm old now and don't have friends coming over to play anymore. Even though I wouldn't consider those games great by today's standards, because of nostalgia they're still my favorite games of all time.

Last edited:
Lol XBX still running 13 year old game at 30fps.

It's good to hear they are working to get this one right. I had mixed feelings about what has been shown so far but I am willing to give them a chance.
Lol the developers choose the framerate, not the people who make the device.

GymWolf

Nostalgia is real man, I don't know if you're old enough to remember the build to the game, but that shit was fucking unbelievable. I remember the first time I saw a 240p clip of someone shooting in the forest, and watching all those trees break and fall down with somewhat realistic physics blew my mind. There was one problem though. It definitely set our expectations way too high on what to expect graphically from games going forward. Regardless, I probably had more fun with Halo 1, Halo 2, and NFL 2k2 then I probably ever will again considering I'm old now and don't have friends coming over to play anymore. Even though I wouldn't consider those games great by today's standards, because of nostalgia they're still my favorite games of all time.
Yeah i was there and i loved all of that, still, crysis is not even in my 500 better games list, you can enjoy the process and still have a cold mind to judge the game for what it is.

Without the incredible graphics and physics the game would be a 7 at best, let's be honest here.

This guy probably loves so much that game because is strongly related to the all master race stuff, he probably tried a shitload of better fps in his life...

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Why make this game for current-gen consoles? What's the point? It looked "OKAY".

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Yeah i was there and i loved all of that, still, crysis is not even in my 500 better games list, you can enjoy the process and still have a cold mind to judge the game for what it is.

Without the incredible graphics and physics the game would be a 7 at best, let's be honest here.

This guy probably loves so much that game because is strongly related to the all master race stuff, he probably tried a shitload of better fps in his life...
Crsis 1 and Warhead were pretty fun, and did the "wide linear" thing better just about anyone when it came out while giving you stupid fun powers to play with. It was a solid 8.5 imo.

The sequels were mediocre though.

GymWolf

He likes tech. Crysis was at the cutting edge of tech in games. It's a subjectively different opinion than yours. Doesn't mean it's shitty.
I guess he has to maintain that pc masterace enthusiast persona that he created for the channel, i don't even fully believe that crysis is his favourite game ever tbh.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I guess he has to maintain that pc masterace enthusiast persona that he created for the channel, i don't even fully believe that crysis is his favourite game ever tbh.
Or, you could ditch the preconceived notions in your head about a stranger you've never met and take his word as a fan of tech-heavy games that he in fact likes this figurehead of tech heavy games which happened to also be developed in his home country so it's not far fetched that he'd like it a lot.

"I like game X because of plausible reason Y"

"Cool bro"

What's so hard about that?

Cool video. The work road trip looked like a ton of fun. Good to hear that Crytek seems to be doing okay. I'd be very interested to see their next game engine!

Crysis is one of the best fps games of all time. It's crazy dynamic. They even speak different languages and use different tactics depending on the difficulty you choose.

Some of you should replay the dx10 version of the original game and if you really want to boost image quality use any of the 2018 texture mods. The game easily punches above it's weight and still looks great today with just a few minor tweaks.

Still one of GOATs.

bender

What time is it?
Who knows if this is a success they may even bring out a Crysis 4! (For the PS5/XsX)

I get why they are doing it (install base) but Crysis would really benefit from the processors in the next generation consoles or rather be hampered far less than they would by the Jaguars twins.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

I get why they are doing it (install base) but Crysis would really benefit from the processors in the next generation consoles or rather be hampered far less than they would by the Jaguars twins.
Still if this is an improvement over the B.C version then I am all good with that...I never played the game, outside a demo of Crysis 2 I think many years ago...

MarkMe2525

The timing does seem odd. One would think that with the current API they use, they would be able to bring over some of the PC higher settings and have it ready for next gen launch. I know it's not for everyone but Crysis with all the bells and whistles would be a killer game to pick up at launch to stretch my series x legs. I have never been able to experience Crysis like that.

Top Bottom