• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 'The Moon' Cancelled Expansion Files leak online

Draugoth

Gold Member
FeaRoKjXkAIZOSP

A 4chan user has shared images of a cancelled Cyberpunk 2077 tha twould have taken place on the moon

Some of you probably still remember the huge CDPR leak from 2021. There were many interesting things that got essentially ignored because everyone focused on the 3rd-person alpha build from 2013. One of those things were files for the moon expansion. As we all know Cyberpunk was supposed to get multiple expansions, not just Phantom Liberty. And it seems that this moon expansion was supposed to be Cyberpunks Blood and Wine, bringing an entirely new map. Im gonna share with you whatever I found and whatever I found interesting. I didnt datamine and discover any of this.

As we know from the leaked bug montage, the devs thought the game would be done in 2022. With Covid happening, it would probably get delayed to 2023 (which is when the game actually hit the "shouldve been like this at launch" state), with PL releasing few months later. The moon expansion would probably come out a year later, like Blood and Wine, in 2024 or even 2025/6 depending on the scale of the project. Its NEVER gonna happen tho. Sad!

I think this expansion would take place during another corporate war or a covert operation. There are multiple things, signs, quests throughout the base game that suggest that the world is on a brink of another corporate war and that relations between corps are very tense. I recommend reading these links to give you an idea of the state of things on moon and tensions between

qFUEQQf.png
gUs0ZzK.png
FpMjkd5.png

WtrPJHe.png
FlcMPMK.png

I can kinda see why it might be an interesting idea but also why they would can it. it's a very cool setting and low gravity would make for some interesting changes to the gameplay such as weapon recoil and movement, but there also won't be that much "punk" side of things on the moon so the story would get kinda "flat" so to speak. but I do lament not having the chance to follow up on Lucy's story and tear up when I find the spot to just sit there and listen to "I really want to stay at your house".

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Day 1 no matter what they do with the next one. Let's go to the moon. We already went places in Phantom Liberty and base game. Refine and make it so.

Audiophile

Glad they made the current game as solid as possible and then moved on. Not having your underlying tech built to function on 2012-era netbook CPUs and mechanical HDDs will go a long way to making future outings much better for big stuff like this.

Hopefully this will be reworked for Cyberpunk 2 and will be an even more impressive experience than it ever could have been as an expansion to 2077.

EDMIX

Gold Member
Yea that sounds like a cool idea, but its moot at this point.

A lot of this games missing content, features, functions etc sounded like cool things.

Until they actually release actual things they market, any of this cancelled this or that is irrelevant. They released CP2077 and still had shit missing, so I don't know if folks should lose much sleep over such things being cancelled. Thats become the overall theme of this fucking game.

A series of features, stripped, removed, missing, cancelled etc.

So even if this thing released, how much of it would even be intact compared to what we are even seeing? So hype is 2 parts, its the first part of wonder and the second part of delivery. In order for the hype to be solid, the team must have a history of actually being able to do and deliver such things, if not, its just blind random hype or something. So they can announce this for a sequel and it would do nothing for me.

Lets start off with some solid released where they actual tell the truth and then I'd be hype for this feature being revealed or announced or something.

I dunno about the idea of working with Lucy, I feel that having her be a major player in the story would be a little too fanservice-y. I think it would be way more impactful if we see her once throughout that expansion.

Top Bottom