• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa V3 first character trailer, info and minigame (acid outrun!)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
■ Characters

Kaede Akamatsu (voiced by Sayaka Kanda) – Ultimate Pianist

New-Danganronpa-V3_11-07-16_001.jpg

A girl who grew up playing piano from a young age, who played to the point where her friends referred to her as the “piano fool.” Before long, she won awards in a number of competitions, until she was finally awarded the title of “Super High School Level Pianist.”[...]

Rantaro Amami (voiced by Hikaru Midorikawa) – Ultimate ???

New-Danganronpa-V3_11-07-16_002.jpg

A boy who cannot remember his “Super High School Level Talent.” He doesn’t particularly worry about it, but rather says he is “looking forward to finding out my Super High School Level talent.”[...]

Miu Iruma (voiced by Haruka Ishida) – Ultimate Inventor

New-Danganronpa-V3_11-07-16_003.jpg

An inventor who has created groundbreaking products, starting with the “Eye Drop-Style Contacts” that were commercialized. [...]

Kokichi Oma (voiced by Hiro Shimono) – Ultimate Leader

New-Danganronpa-V3_11-07-16_004.jpg

A boy said to be the “Leader of an Evil Secret Society of Over 10,000 People,” who possesses a talent that may or may not be true.[...]

Monotaro

New-Danganronpa-V3_11-07-16_005.jpg

The leader-like Monokuma who summarizes the derailments of the other Monokumas. There’s a childishly clumsy side to him.

Monokid (voiced by Koichi Yamadera)

New-Danganronpa-V3_11-07-16_006.jpg

The rudest among the Monokumas, he is quick-tempered and has a sharp tongue. [...]

■ System

Excavation Imagination

New-Danganronpa-V3_11-07-16_007.jpg

Seek out an answer to the question by “excavating” the illustrations hidden beneath the blocks. There are three colors of blocks, and by selecting a block that extends to block of the same color, you can collectively erase the adjacent same color blocks.[...]

Brain Drive

New-Danganronpa-V3_11-07-16_008.jpg

Drive a car and collect letters positioned on the course to complete a problem related to the case. After you complete the sentence, you’ll advance the game by choosing the correct answer. Among the women carrying answers, attempt to continue your drive with the woman who carries the correct answer in the passenger’s seat.[...]

Epiphany Anagram Ver. 3.0

New-Danganronpa-V3_11-07-16_009.jpg

Complete the answer to the problem by selecting the correct letters from the letters flying around the screen. However, since the letters are shrouded in shadows, you’ll need to rely on light that sometimes shines in to reveal the hidden characters. You can also brighten the center of the screen by using up your concentration power, easily revealing the hidden letters.

trailer
https://youtu.be/FZZ6nnJWA14

complete bios, more infos and screens at
http://gematsu.com/2016/11/new-dang...ichi-monotaro-monokid-first-character-trailer

I have no faith in their minigame design whatsoever, but will still be picking this up almost immediately for all the trashy funtimes.

sackninja

The mini games look really really bad/amazing. They have never made the games less brillaint so don't mind that much.

I would really love if the ultimate ??? turned out to be the
ultimate despair
this time around but not the
mastermind
. It would just be such a twist on thr previous games.

Permanently A

That new Logic Dive looks fucking fresh, but Improved Improved Hangman's Gambit seems like its going to be fucking awful.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*meanwhile at Spike Chunsoft*

"SO IT SEEMS EVERYONE ABSOLUTELY HATED IMPROVED HANGMAN'S GAMBIT, SO HOW CAN WE MAKE IT EVEN WORSE?!"

"Let's have it so you can't even see the letters unless you shine a light on them!!"

"BRILLIANT, PROGRAM IT IN THIS INSTANT!!"

....at least Brain Drive looks cool....

I really hope the localization does something to make the Hangman minigame not quite so shit like last time,I actually like most of the, but fuck that one. It's absurd that the English version of the games had us getting up to 10 letters in cases where the JP version only had 3 or 4 characters. Grouping letters together would be a good fix, although I doubt it'll happen.

Acosta

After the series my enthusiasm for this is rock bottom. But I loved the games, hopefully the mojo is back in this form.

Verelios

It seems like every game has some variation of the Super high school leader, though Kuzuryuu was trash at it so...

Edit: Oh god, what the hell at those minigames

FluxWaveZ

The reason mini-games were originally included into the first game was literally as an afterthought, after some higher up said that the gameplay wouldn't be engaging enough for the audience without them or something akin to that. Despite the fact that Ace Attorney obviously inspired this series and that it has had more success, despite its lack of abstract mini-games.

I would really like to read a recent interview concerning them now.

They only serve to dilute the experience for me. It's like they don't have enough confidence in the intrigue they've crafted or the excitement of the trials they've designed, so they need to add all of this nonsense to make up for it. Climax Reasoning is fantastic. The fundamentals of Nonstop Debates are good. There's some interesting concepts with stuff like rebuttals. But I'm seeing the gameplay part of this series stray further and further away from what I like the most: the pure essence of mystery solving, which Ace Attorney excels at.

The car game looks good at first glance but after that damn hoverboard minigame I'm keeping expectations low.

Edit: Which one's the main character? SHSL Amnesia?

Omikaru

Death to all Danganronpa minigames. I love this series, but I hate those minigames. I am despairing at there being even more of them.

SilentRob

Man, i really like the series but I really dislike the character designs. So many of them look so similiar to each other I could have sworn that first girl was from on of the first two games.

The reason mini-games were originally included into the first game was literally as an afterthought, after some higher up said that the gameplay wouldn't be engaging enough for the audience without them or something akin to that.

IIRC, it was Kodaka who wanted the mini-games. He played Steins;Gate and other VNs and was bored during them, and feels that games need actual gameplay in them to be fun (not just reading).

I think he's demonstrably wrong after the first two games though. I think only a handful of games were actually fun. Non-stop debate and climax reasoning are easily the best and he could probably leave it there and still have a great experience.

Hangman's Gambit looks even worse, and I'm skeptical of these other minigames. The car looks like another logic dive (which wasn't too bad imo), the digging one could get frustrating.

Great, more bad mini-games and monokuma clones.

And I'm not feeling the character designs either. But maybe Kodaka will remember how to write again and this will be alright.

I don't know if I like that... I want to see what happened to the world after the other games.
You don't want to see.

Nightbird

They actually did it...

Hangmans Gambit 3...

of all the things they could have carried over..

i fucking love/hate Spike Chun soft lol

They don't even give a fuck about Hangman's Gambit, lmao.

I like most minigames so I am really hyped. Here's to hoping that DR3 was just a forced and rushed cash-in and Kodaka still has a DR2-level story to tell in him.

The only thing that worries me so far is the extra Monokumas, lol. Monokuma by itself is just perfect.

KLoWn

For that you can watch the Danganronpa Anime
http://www.funimation.com/shows/danganronpa-3/home

It's not very good

You don't want to see.
I already saw the anime (I thought it was pretty ok..ish).

I guess what I should've said was that I want to know what happened to the world after that story arc came to an end. Does Hope's peak still exist? What happened to the Remnants of Despair? How long did it take before Monaca ran out of air up in space and died?

So, Hangman's Gambit gets a third version? It looks like this one will be worse than the second one. The other minigames look alright though.

Then again, I was one of those that didn't mind the minigames of DR2 except Hangman's Gambit being worse. Logic Dive was alright and the Rebuttal Showdowns were fine. PTA was fine too. Brain Drive looks like it could be fun, but I'll wait and see.

PaulBizkit

I want info about this game... but I don't want to know anything about this game...

I hope the localization doesn't take too much...

FluxWaveZ

IIRC, it was Kodaka who wanted the mini-games. He played Steins;Gate and other VNs and was bored during them, and feels that games need actual gameplay in them to be fun (not just reading).

Do you remember the interview where the history behind the minigames was stated? I want to find it for reference.

I already saw the anime (I thought it was pretty ok..ish).

I guess what I should've said was that I want to know what happened to the world after that story arc came to an end. Does Hope's peak still exist? What happened to the Remnants of Despair? How long did it take before Monaca ran out of air up in space and died?

Kinda boggles my mind that someone would want a direct continuation of Danganronpa 3, even if they enjoyed the anime.

Top Bottom