• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dave Chappelle attacked on stage during a comedy performance. He's ok, suspect was detained by security

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Ricky Grevious or whatever the fuck his name is I should probably be careful of radicals now too.

Oh look at the deluded cunts at Retardera:
[/URL]

All rejoicing at the fact Chapelle was attacked because they can't take a joke.

edit: Lmao, Chapelle spitting fire
"It was a trans man"

You go Dave!
I was perma banned because I didn’t defend Will and for being an “armchair psychologist” just for saying that Jada seems to have sociopathic tendencies. Didn’t Jada basically publically denounce Will’s actions a little later too? Thanks for banning me, assholes. Yes I’m still bitter.

• Surprised
Reactions: Fuz

Mistake

I was perma banned because I didn’t defend Will and for being an “armchair psychologist” just for saying that Jada seems to have sociopathic tendencies. Didn’t Jada basically publically denounce Will’s actions a little later too? Thanks for banning me, assholes. Yes I’m still bitter.
BaOUpgV.jpg

Don't sweat it

AJUMP23

Gold Member
They gave you a gift, you now have a chance to not have your mind warped to their level of delusion. Let go of the hate.

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
Minneapolis theater cancels on Dave Chappelle last minute

All comedians with shows scheduled there should cancel them. Get comedians in general to have each other's backs and create their own venue cancel culture. Musicians can join them as fellow artists, and refuse to play those venues.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
In other news, someone tried to hack Andrew Schulz’s website and take down his special so people couldn’t stream it.

The attack on comedy continues.

chixdiggit

thefool

Goskomizdat, gosteleradio and goskino were formed as new art and information tools kept gaining popularity. Their mission was to supervise all printed, radio, tv and cinema content. If it didn't adhere to the principles postulated by the party in power and its social consensus, it would be censored. Their justification was such content could lead to harmful consequences, namely violence and social unrest.
So, none of this is particularly surprising or new. Ideals that can only sustain itself long enough if their rebuttal are deliberately limited are inherently fragile.
On a positive note, the downfall of it will be pretty fun to watch.

Last edited:

Winter John

I stay out of this kind of stuff because I'm completely ignorant about trans issues and well, issues in general I guess. Also, I sure as hell don't want to contribute anything that would encourage the raging assholes to go digging through their Rogan handbooks and start screeching about cancel culture.

With all that said. I read the article and this paragraph stuck in my craw -

"The statement continued, “The First Avenue team and you have worked hard to make our venues the safest spaces in the country, and we will continue with that mission. We believe in diverse voices and the freedom of artistic expression, but in honoring that, we lost sight of the impact this would have."

They're a private business and I believe they should be free to operate anyway they choose. I don't know what their definition of safe space is but if it works for their customers then fine. The obvious problem I have is their claim about belief in diverse voices and artistic expression. They can't claim to support artists then ban the ones they don't like.

"but in honoring that, we lost sight of the impact this would have."

I guess this is the real crux of the matter, because what they're saying is they supported artistic expression right up until it became inconvenient. Ironically, if they actually did support artistic expression this is the moment when they'd step up for Chappelle. Instead they kicked him out.

Jsisto

This was necessary. As a dumb person incapable of critical thought, every time I hear a comedian make a joke about a person or group of people, I immediately want to commit acts of violence against them. /s

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I stay out of this kind of stuff because I'm completely ignorant about trans issues and well, issues in general I guess. Also, I sure as hell don't want to contribute anything that would encourage the raging assholes to go digging through their Rogan handbooks and start screeching about cancel culture.

With all that said. I read the article and this paragraph stuck in my craw -

"The statement continued, “The First Avenue team and you have worked hard to make our venues the safest spaces in the country, and we will continue with that mission. We believe in diverse voices and the freedom of artistic expression, but in honoring that, we lost sight of the impact this would have."

They're a private business and I believe they should be free to operate anyway they choose. I don't know what their definition of safe space is but if it works for their customers then fine. The obvious problem I have is their claim about belief in diverse voices and artistic expression. They can't claim to support artists then ban the ones they don't like.

"but in honoring that, we lost sight of the impact this would have."

I guess this is the real crux of the matter, because what they're saying is they supported artistic expression right up until it became inconvenient. Ironically, if they actually did support artistic expression this is the moment when they'd step up for Chappelle. Instead they kicked him out.
The word "safe" these days has been relegated to "a place where no one can be offended" which doesn't exist. There is no place in the world that can sustain functionality without anyone being offended. The problem is activists have convinced(or bullied) people into believing words are violence. It's why that rhetoric exists. If you can convince people words are violence, you can also convince people places with freedom of expression are "not safe." It was a control tactic, and it worked. To silence people or opinions they don't like.

And they didn't do this because they genuinely believe it, that I can guarantee. They either got scared of heat from a few vocal activists or had threats to burn the building down. Ironically, for all the talk about "words are violence" it's always the same crowd that threatens real actual violence if you don't comply. Another reason the "words are violence" rhetoric exists, it gives them an excuse to respond with or threaten actual violence. "You committed violence towards me, I'm just defending myself."

In the past half year we've had a comedian attacked on stage, venues threatened, and shows cancelled. Over a joke. A joke. And this crowd thinks they're "the good guys"

Insanity.

Billbofet

My friend in Minneapolis said they moved the venue to another theater and those that attended were physically attacked by the protestors.
Hope that's not true or that no one was harmed, but the irony is strong there.
WTF!

StormCell

A house divided cannot stand.
And to try to explain that to people on the far left seems a totally lost cause, as though they can't grasp that mistreating roughly half of the US population won't cause massive division in the country across all matters and topics.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
My friend in Minneapolis said they moved the venue to another theater and those that attended were physically attacked by the protestors.
Hope that's not true or that no one was harmed, but the irony is strong there.
WTF!
Reports say people were yelled at when waiting in line and at least one person was hit with an egg.

Top Bottom