• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Blaine special tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi87

Yeah, the constant jumping around between the various celebrity houses bugs me, but that's how the 2013 special was done as well IIRC.

i made a thread about his 2013 special last week after seeing it for the first time because the tricks baffled me but i was told that everyone is just in on it and that's how he does it. meh

That weird intro was some Doctor Strange shit.

I don't like the constant cuts between celebs. I did like Patrick Stewart's reaction to the card trick.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That weird intro was some Doctor Strange shit.

I don't like the constant cuts between celebs. I did like Patrick Stewart's reaction to the card trick.
Hate this especially about how his specials are edited, but I don't really see another way to do this without wasting time, and it's a necessary evil for the purpose it serves IMO.

Kibbles

Holy shit..magic isn't real?!!!!???!??

Jesus. It's entertainment.
lol yeah it should be entertaining, but so far it's not because the card tricks and mind reading shit is completely lame and obvious with the editing and celebs acting shit out. At least they are more creative with their trickery at magic shows.

The frog shit was ok but I already saw that in his tonight show appearance.

Was that the BET party Dave Chappelle was talking about in his SNL monologue?

No, he was talking about the BET's 'Obama Block Party at the White House', the Blaine special was at Drake's house it looked like. The Obama block party aired tonight on BET.

Cool special, I don't really like david blaine but goddamn I have no idea how the fuck he did any of that shit. Watching Drake, Chapelle, etc react was awesome.

No, he was talking about the BET's 'Obama Block Party at the White House', the Blaine special was at Drake's house it looked like. The Obama block party aired tonight on BET.

Cool special, I don't really like david blaine but goddamn I have no idea how the fuck he did any of that shit. Watching Drake, Chapelle, etc react was awesome.

Gotcha.

No Slo-Mo on the gun trick come on :p Definitely a blank and he's already got the bullet in his mouth

There's the slow-mo. Dude's crazy.

Hellix

Lol, so this was a promo to get people to go to his show to see if he dies.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/features/the-nine-lives-of-david-blaine-w450053 said:
If I do 25 shows, I have a 50 percent chance of success," he says. "For 45 shows, it's 26 percent. For 100 shows around the world, I have a less than five percent chance of succeeding, for something not to go wrong.

The guy is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom