• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daymare 1994: Sandcastle - Official Gameplay Trailer

Moses85

Man, the first game was

toilet paper animation GIF by Rough Sketchz

tommib

Do you know what the performance is like on next gen consoles
It runs at 30 fps on ps5 but I don’t know why it feels like less. Shit performance for those miserable graphics honestly. Add to that very long loading times and it’s a miserable experience through and through.

Puzzles are sometimes good.

solidus12

This looks like a low budget Resident Evil 2 Clone with Mass Effect 1 levels of graphics...

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
It was a 6/10 game but it was made by 2 guys if I am not mistaken. AA games just can't win. Folks measure them against best in class AAA and of course they always look bad by comparison...

Due to this most indies stick to the tired 2D Metroidvania/platformer genre... you are to blame.

tommib

It was a 6/10 game but it was made by 2 guys if I am not mistaken. AA games just can't win. Folks measure them against best in class AAA and of course they always look bad by comparison...

Due to this most indies stick to the tired 2D Metroidvania/platformer genre... you are to blame.
I payed 35 euros for it. That’s the entry price on PSN for a very subpar experience. I measured it against the original Resident Evil games not current AAA games.

As reference, I think the puppet combo games (Murder House, Nun Massacre) which are super low budget are actually quality games and very effective at horror.

This was clunky, ran like crap, terrible animations, unmemorable soundtrack…

I get what you’re going for but I think you’ve picked up the wrong game. And by the way, I’m not to blame. I actually bought the game at full price.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Daymare 1994 Sandcastle is a stylish survival horror game with plenty of nostalgia for the 90s. A gameplay trailer for Daymare appeared during the Future Games Show Summer Showcase, showing the protagonist freezing and defeating some mutated monsters. Daymare 1994 Sandcastle is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox on August 30th, 2023.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The brand new launch trailer for Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle is out NOW - featuring the original track "LONELINESS" performed by CRISTINA SCABBIA from LACUNA COIL and composed by our Alessandro Galdieri!

Plunge deep into the darkness and prepare to face a new form of survivor horror.
Follow special agent Dalila Reyes and take part in the mission "Sandcastle", make your way through nightmares made flesh and discover the truth of the mysterious incident behind the doors of a top-secret military base.

No place will be safe from AUGUST 30th on STEAM, GOG.com, EPIC GAMES STORE, PS4, PS5, XBOX ONE and SERIES X|S!

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I know this is indie but they can't even encode the trailer. It looks like choppy shit.
edit: the launch trailer is MUCH better.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Demo was quite enjoyable. It won't be a day1 purchase for me, but I'll pick it up on a sale. I'll always try to support a new survival horror instead of yet another remake or remaster, even if it's far from perfect like Callisto.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
I'll be getting this. The first is pretty rough but man, God bless these guys for going for it and they employed Paul Haddad prior to his passing. 😢

I will always be a fan and happy to support their efforts. 🙏

Last edited:
Top Bottom