• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Matter - Most Ambitious Open World Co-op Zombie Survival Game?

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Oh, another open world survival game with a shitton of crafting. Another DayZ.
It might end up being better than its competition, but it doesn't look like something I'd expect to actually feel gritty.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I haven't watched the trailer but how is this more ambitious than something like dying light??
was wondering the exact same thing, but I guess they just mean online games? They say co-op, but they probably mean DayZ/Rust-type servers.

All I want is Geforce Now support for this game and it'll be all I need for my zombie fix.

I haven't watched the trailer but how is this more ambitious than something like dying light??
Dying Light has annoying special Zombies and virals, and I'd prefer one hit melee kills in my zombie games. Even if this game doesn't have that, it has far more content than Dying Light, it had a lot of good things going on for it but this is a true zombie survival experience.

Inviusx

It's a hell of a long way off, maybe hits early access in 2021 and maybe a proper release in 2022.

GymWolf

All I want is Geforce Now support for this game and it'll be all I need for my zombie fix.

Dying Light has annoying special Zombies and virals, and I'd prefer one hit melee kills in my zombie games. Even if this game doesn't have that, it has far more content than Dying Light, it had a lot of good things going on for it but this is a true zombie survival experience.
ok great but can you do a dropkick in this one? :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Man, this doesn't look any different than so many other types of games like this that are out there right now.
Then you're out of the loop. It has far more going for it than literally every single other open world zombie survival game out there.

The devs put so much detail into their world and the overall gameplay experience. This is the definitive zombie survival game and I'm personally hoping it dethrones 7 Days to Die.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Get a deep dive into the development of the open-world survival game Dead Matter, including the updates and changes the team is working on for the game's Early Access launch. The video details the updates and improvements to the infected and their behavior and AI systems, the focus on refining key locations of the map for the Early Access launch, graphics, gameplay changes like overhauls to the looting system, and much more.

Dead Matter is currently in development for PC.

Hang Over Wake Up GIF by Arrow Video

Top Bottom