• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Skilletor

So what is this Throwdown option and Detail option in the character select screen?

Throwdown is looking for matches while you play.

Detail is panty color.

This thread has a handful of ps4 players reporting crashes.

Also dumb question but what's IQ?

Image Quality, and I must have missed them. Assumed those were XB1 users. Don't think I've seen anybody say PS4 crashes, specific posts?

Eolz

Also, I think I read it elsewhere, but not all the DLC is going up today as compatible, is it?

Yep.
Q5: I am unable to purchase DLC for the retail version of the game on its release date.
A5: DLC will be made available as soon as the hardware manufacturers have made the necessary preparations. There may be differences in timings between regions and hardware manufacturers in regards to these preparations.
Additionally, please note that these plans are subject to change at any time.
Please check here for more details.
Chart was available here, but it's now linking to error 404 for some reason.

edit:
I am baffled by this as well. Hard reset my ps4, the game says it's installed, there's no status bar or anything, but nothing on this is accessible lol.
I just downloaded Core Fighters on PS4. Everything except versus mode and training mode is locked and says "currently being installed." Am I supposed to just wait or something?

If it's like Plants vs Zombies, Injustice or some other PS4 games, press options > informations on the main menu. You might see a download information.

thelastword

Banned
Will never understand people that moan about optional cosmetic DLC.

Now more than ever with their F2P version, costume DLC is perfect for them to bring a stream of cash in, without taking away anything else from owners. You get a full game and optional costumes. I have no issues with this.
Seems like it's all they care concentrate on though, they have dlc lined up to June this year, but the port of the main game is as awful as it is. It's like they did the bare minimum for the main game which is looking like a straight up dlc portal by the looks of it.

you're about three years and versions too late to start complaining about DOA5 and pining for the old days.
DOA was never a bland looking game, it had good textures, it had good color depth, it had great looking stages. From the time Itagaki left everything just looks so sterile in TK/T-DOA games. I have no problems with the gameplay but the visuals are no longer impactful, it's no longer rich.

I thought originally that perhaps they were limited by the hardware on last gen, but I look at SC5 and it has those rich colors, good textures and solid AA. I thought at least throwing this port on the new gen would give them a chance to improve on the look of the game with all the power at hand, but this is what we get.

Vlaphor

I am baffled by this as well. Hard reset my ps4, the game says it's installed, there's no status bar or anything, but nothing on this is accessible lol.

It looks like there's a small circle below the icon of the game. Maybe that shows it's still downloading/installing? All I know is that the download size changed for 10gb to 3gb while I was downloading it, so I guess it went for the partial install, then will download the rest.

Also, redownloading the old dlc is kinda really clunky

If I try it through the website, it mixes both PS3 and 4 together, and if I try to sort by PS4 (or free), then I get a 404 error.

AAK

I have no idea what the hell is wrong with me... for some reason I'm incapabable of doing a d/f,d/f or 33 input on pad..... Dammit please Tecmo use the free Skullgirls driver :(

LowParry

I have no idea what the hell is wrong with me... for some reason I'm incapabable of doing a d/f,d/f or 33 input on pad..... Dammit please Tecmo use the free Skullgirls driver :(

I don't think anyone will use this ever. At all. Unless Sony/MS feels generous.

AAK

What does Sony have to do with this? Lab Zero said they can give it any developer that wants to use it for free.

czarship

Is anyone have trouble with the digital release on PS4? I purchased the game via their website, got to a confirmation page and confirmation email, but the game isn't listed in my purchase history or download list. Also, if I visit the game's page in the store, it's still listed as $39.99. I contacted support who said the game hasn't been released yet and that I'd need to wait, which doesn't make much sense.

Jashobeam

here's a sweet deal if you plan on buying this, source from ps blog.

We’ve got another sweet bonus for you this week — get a $15 credit when you spend more than $100 using your SEN Wallet on PS Store today through February 24th at 11:59 PM Pacific. You’ll receive a redemption code for your $15 credit on or before March 2nd via email, XMB message on PS3, or system notification on PS4/PS Vita. The redemption code must be redeemed by 11:59 PM Pacific on March 31.

Is anyone have trouble with the digital release on PS4? I purchased the game via their website, got to a confirmation page and confirmation email, but the game isn't listed in my purchase history or download list. Also, if I visit the game's page in the store, it's still listed as $39.99. I contacted support who said the game hasn't been released yet and that I'd need to wait, which doesn't make much sense.

Try logging out and logging back in. I remember people having this issue before with other games.

Eolz

Seems like it's all they care concentrate on though, they have dlc lined up to June this year, but the port of the main game is as awful as it is. It's like they did the bare minimum for the main game which is looking like a straight up dlc portal by the looks of it.

It's the bare minimum because japanese publishers are cautious about this new generation. The port was made to make the fanbase transition to new-gen (and getting some new users) before marketing new projects, and to get some experience with those platforms as well.
Pretty sure the A-team of TN is working on something else, be it Ninja Gaiden 4 or another big project.

DOA was never a bland looking game, it had good textures, it had good color depth, it had great looking stages. From the time Itagaki left everything just looks so sterile in TK/T-DOA games. I have no problems with the gameplay but the visuals are no longer impactful, it's no longer rich.

I thought originally that perhaps they were limited by the hardware on last gen, but I look at SC5 and it has those rich colors, good textures and solid AA. I thought at least throwing this port on the new gen would give them a chance to improve on the look of the game with all the power at hand, but this is what we get.

You have a choice to make in terms of technology about stage detail or character detail. The series made a U-turn with 5, not necessarily for worse. As it's just a barebone port, it'd be nice to ask TN for better stages in 6 rather than to complain about the current ones.

Not saying I don't agree with you btw, just that you shouldn't necessarily see it like that, it'd be nice if game development and business decisions were that easy.

edit:
here's a sweet deal if you plan on buying this, source from ps blog.
Hope it's the case for EU users as well but I doubt it. Would be nice if we learn about the season pass true price soon too. Obviously not a good idea to spend all of this money on DOA costumes only.

Nyoro SF

Waiting on PC for this, it's suffering because we won't even have online until way later...

I'm not too bothered by online, since I suck. I'll just mess around in training and arcade since it's the first DOA I've played in a very long time.

I'm more worried that the game will be missing basic PC-centric features and configurations. It's not the biggest problem since on the user side we can mitigate such issues but I'd prefer it if developers actually took the time to make sure all the features were there from the beginning.

FHIZ

So, anyone have any luck getting any DLC to download on PS4? I'm looking in the library and I've got all the stuff purchased, but there's no DL link then on the webstore everything looks like this:

vHIu795.png

Azuardo

I don't have the game yet, so can't comment on quality of graphics etc, although I don't doubt there is a lot of disappointment there and people expected more.

But the point in question is people bitching about cosmetic DLC, which is simply optional additional aesthetic stuff, and helps keep their awesome F2P version running successfully without locking shitloads behind a paywall for players. This has been nothing new for the games since 5U.

Calling out KT as if they've created an EA-like microtransaction shithole is flat out wrong, imo. Costume DLC is welcome and optional.

Bitching about the graphics is fair game, but don't get their DLC concept confused. This is the best F2P model in existence for a fighter, and beats the crap out of Namco's methods.

I don't disagree a lot more focus should have gone into the network, and perhaps graphics if there is so much complaining, and certainly with the crashes there are issues there too, but I don't know enough to say whether putting out lots of DLC meant these issues couldn't have been addressed. Surely they could still have addressed these whilst continuing to make DLC.

Demoskinos

A lot of PS4 games download the MINIMUM before they let you launch them. And a lot of times launching them with bare minimum downloaded leaves you with well...not a lot to do in some cases.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Yep.

Chart was available here, but it's now linking to error 404 for some reason.

edit:

If it's like Plants vs Zombies, Injustice or some other PS4 games, press options > informations on the main menu. You might see a download information.

Ah, wow, Wish this would be evident on the main screen. Thanks for everyone who cleared that up, I don't usually download huge games that often.

Eolz

Season pass is 93 bucks, lmao.
Is that really 93 bucks, or is that still non official stuff (some conversion from another currency) like earlier in the thread? Can't see anything in my region sadly.

looooool.

So what does the other 90 bucks get me?

Ninja Clan 1 Pack (February, 10 costumes)
Ninja Clan 2 Pack (March, 10 costumes)
Senran Kagura Pack (March, 16 costumes)
Ninja Clan 3 Pack (April, 10 costumes)
May 2015 Costume Pack (May, 16 costumes)
June 2015 Costume Pack (June, 16 costumes)
Also, only way to get

LoneWolf780

Neo Member
I pre-ordered on amazon but my order hasn't even been processed yet. I thought I'd check out my local Best Buy, Future Shop, and EB Games, they don't even have any copies in stock. Canada must be supply constrained or something.

Spy

Just a heads up, if you go to the PlayStation Store on PS4, Costume Catalog 2 and 4 are free right now. Supposedly Costume Catalog 4 is only available if you buy the season pass.

The End

Just queued up 37(!) pieces of DLC that transferred over from PS3->PS4

Those Ninja packs look mighty tasty

GG Tecmo, I would have probably passed on this entirely, but now I'm invested.

TheIconizer

Neo Member
This is getting confusing. Can someone clear something for me please? What is included in the disc version of the game for the Xbox One? Are any of the previous version's costume DLCs available on the disc? Thanks for the info.

Skilletor

This is getting confusing. Can someone clear something for me please? What is included in the disc version of the game for the Xbox One? Are any of the previous version's costume DLCs available on the disc? Thanks for the info.

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/costumes.html

Is that really 93 bucks, or is that still non official stuff (some conversion from another currency) like earlier in the thread? Can't see anything in my region sadly.

Also, only way to get

I saw it on SEN website while dling all my outfits.

Also it was a joke because the men aren't going to get any outfits. :p lol

Just a heads up, if you go to the PlayStation Store on PS4, Costume Catalog 2 and 4 are free right now. Supposedly Costume Catalog 4 is only available if you buy the season pass.

Catalogs are so you can see DLC after you've bought it or if you don't own it. They're always free. :)

Eolz

Aren't catalogs just catalogs? They don't unlock anything ingame if it's like for the PS360.

It's in the OP. Here are the costumes included. The other costumes (maybe the same quantity) need to be bought (or transferred if you can).
edit: whoops, too late.

thelastword

Banned
Pretty sure the A-team of TN is working on something else, be it Ninja Gaiden 4 or another big project.
Who's working on all that dlc they have planned though, that's a lot of bikinis at the cost of black market prices in our future.

Seems like team Ninja have found a way to scrounge out profit from their main game, but it's hurting their output. There is no reason why this game should be on the PS3/XBOX 360 to be frank. These consoles already had several versions of the game including the f2p game, by spreading what was suppose to be a last gen port to new gen across so many consoles (including the old ones), you're just spreading your resources too thin and squandering on quality. The PS4/XBONE ports would have been much better if they only concentrated on those platforms.

I think they're doing a disservice to DOA6 by ushering the franchise on new-gen is such a haphazard manner, in the same way Saints row get-out-of-hell did nothing positive for the next saints row.

Hubb

Catalogs should be free. If it is like doa5u they are just the information. That way if someone is using a costume from the catalog you can see it.

Skilletor

Who's working on all that dlc they have planned though, that's a lot of bikinis at the cost of black market prices in our future.

Seems like team Ninja have found a way to scrounge out profit from their main game, but it's hurting their output. There is no reason why this game should be on the PS3/XBOX 360 to be frank. These consoles already had several versions of the game including the f2p game, by spreading what was suppose to be a last gen port to new gen across so many consoles (including the old ones), you're just spreading your resources too thin and squandering on quality. The PS4/XBONE ports would have been much better if they only concentrated on these platforms.

I think they're doing a disservice to DOA6 by ushering the franchise on new-gen is such a haphazard manner in the same way Saints row get-out-of-hell did nothing positive for the next saints row.

Why shouldn't it be on PS360? There are still lots of people playing on those consoles. Seems silly to cut them off.

I mean, I couldn't say for sure, but I doubt that it takes many people to make costumes, lol.

Demoskinos

So, anyone have any luck getting any DLC to download on PS4? I'm looking in the library and I've got all the stuff purchased, but there's no DL link then on the webstore everything looks like this:

Its all on the disc. Clicking on any of the costumes to download them basically just registers it to your account telling the game "hey you own this"

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I'm not sure why there are disappointed people in regards to the visuals. If they even watched a few seconds of footage of this version of the game in the lead up to release, they'd have known it was a basic port of the previous gen version.

Top Bottom