• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Korigama

I still don't have PS+, and it doesn't seem like another free online week will be happening anytime soon, so it'll be a while before I get to join everyone again (it was why I sat out of lobbies last time as well).

Eolz

Understandable tbh. PS+'s games deserve the usual criticism, and it's getting even more expensive.
Hopefully we'll see you when DOA6 is announced ;)

Azuardo

Yeah, I was in same situation a few weeks ago. PS+ ran out and I couldn't justify paying for it again. Then some deals went down to £30 and I had to jump on them, so am safe for three years now. The increase to £50 is some Sony Europe level shit. Xbox Live can consistently be had for £30 or less.

Azuardo

Well, if anyone does want some games today or over the weekend, I can make time.

Got Warriors All-Stars to play in the meantime now :)

Eolz

Next hope for a DOA6 announcement: September 19th!
It's the date for Sony's TGS conference, 5 Last Round was announced there :p

Mesharey

Oh that might be it!
DoA5 was also announced around TGS, so hopefully, if not that then it's gonna be at the end of the year.

Azuardo

You guys are getting me hyped.

Kasumi is praying too.

j4k8cTO.png

Azuardo

I'll be watching Wales vs. Austria till about 10pm BST. I'll hop on after that or a bit later if people are around then. Say 1030pm-11pm. But I can begin later too.

Eolz

I'll try to go online around this hour as well then if I'm feeling well enough (been sick the past couple of days, but getting better).

ShinMaruku

Every Friday ad Satuday you can expect evening lobbies set at time for EU people to transition to NA. So just let me know when you can join and we shall start.
Also look forward to seeing some very good players joining as guest. Like Yoyo and the like.

Eolz

Fun games! Stayed 2h30 in the end, been a long time :p
Super good spacing from Synth! It was nice to get some new matchups.

Synth

Yup, good games. I felt a little off, as it's been so long since I've played any DoA (and I never played much 5 in the first place). Will definitely look to practice for future sessions.

Azuardo

Wouldn't have guessed, Synth XD Very good as all the characters you played as!

Fun games as usual :) I will see if any matches are worth uploading...

ShinMaruku

I am rightly very rusty. But it's good to see my Momiji can still get put into good work. Awesomic was getting me with these counter hits and restands, when I can deal with those I think mopping Christie is doable.

Synth

Wouldn't have guessed, Synth XD Very good as all the characters you played as!

Fun games as usual :) I will see if any matches are worth uploading...

Well, there's always an extent to which you'll never forget stuff that was common in previous entries. :)

Your Kasumi was good though. Nice repositioning on wakeup, had me confused a lot, lol.

Tyaren

They are going to announce Deddo oa Araibu Faibu Arutimato Mirukaji (DOA5 Ultimate Milkage) for Switch. They are never ever going to stop with this game, lol.
Damn, I want DOA6 so bad. ;__;

What is she wearing in that pic? :eek:

It's just her grandma's pearls. The emphasis lies on just.

Azuardo

To be fair, I wouldn't mind DOA5 on Switch :p
Or Dimensions but with 5's graphics.

Yep, I'm actually expecting a DOA5 Switch announcement given the strong support KT is throwing Nintendo's way and the pretty good relationship between them. Only bad thing about the Switch is the lack of a d-pad on the Joy-Con, dammit.

I think a low-key DOA5 Switch announcement to go along with a quick DOA6 tease is reasonable.

Synth

I'd mind any sort of Dead or Alive 5 announcement at this point. They need to move it along, it's getting silly now lol. Release all the DOA5 you want after you confirm DOA6.

Also, based on my time playing the classic SNK fighters on Switch... it's the d-pad on the Pro controller you actually have to worry about more than the segmented stuff on the Joycon. It's atrocious.

Azuardo

I'd mind any sort of Dead or Alive 5 announcement at this point. They need to move it along, it's getting silly now lol. Release all the DOA5 you want after you confirm DOA6.

Also, based on my time playing the classic SNK fighters on Switch... it's the d-pad on the Pro controller you actually have to worry about more than the segmented stuff on the Joycon. It's atrocious.

Yup, it's astonishing Nintendo has managed to fuck up the d-pad of all things. I'm not sure I can actually feasibly play fighters on the Switch as it stands.

Tyaren

I agree, DOA5 is milked absolutely dry at this point, it's a mummyfied corpse. They really need to get on with DOA6. Especially since we are now already in the last years of the PS4's and Xbox One's life cycles. If they announce DOA6 towards the end of this year and it comes out in the middle or towards the end of next year, we are already really close to the PS5 and whatever Microsoft comes up with. They almost would have wasted a whole generation and would have left the 3D fighting genre playing field to Tekken 7 alone. Especially because Virtua Fighter and Soul Calibur seem to be dead for now, Team Ninja should be rushing to get Dead or Alive 6 out to not let Tekken 7 reap all benefits exclusively.

Azuardo

I dunno, SC6 might not be dead, if our trusty Eolz is right... ;)

No harm in porting DOA5 to Switch if it's easy enough to do. Won't say no to them doing that if the opportunity is there and it helps get some Nintendo fans back into the DOA ring. Highly doubt that's stopping them working on DOA6 and getting it out next year. Not like the Switch will get DOA6, anyway.

Top Bottom