• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT| Power was granted, so the world could be mended

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i tried playing the original DeS in 4K with RPCS3. it was very very rough! going back to 4-way directional controls is not easy. just as well, my i7 7700K with a GTX 1060 was not quite up to the task. i got 60fps if i stared at the ground, but otherwise, it was in the mid-40s and even lower during gameplay. after the buttery smoothness of the PS5 version, that's going to be tough. Bluepoint are wizards.

Last edited:

ne1butu

Got the trophy for May you be unharmed. I spent 15 mins of trying to run past him at the top of the ridge then laying into her before he came flying in. Just as I got her with my last blow Garl also destroyed me, but still got the trophy 😂.

Crushing claymore +5 was just killing it for me at the end of the game and finished SL 62. Is this good for NG+?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Got the trophy for May you be unharmed. I spent 15 mins of trying to run past him at the top of the ridge then laying into her before he came flying in. Just as I got her with my last blow Garl also destroyed me, but still got the trophy 😂.

Crushing claymore +5 was just killing it for me at the end of the game and finished SL 62. Is this good for NG+?
yeah, should be fine for 1-1, 1-2 and world 2. get your health up. you wont be doing much damage with that claymore after 1-2 but you need that health in NG+. enemies hit hard.

Sinthor

Gold Member

You can always go over the the right side of the level and from up above there, shoot her to death if you have a decent bow. That will get you the 'may you be unharmed' trophy as well.

Grinchy

Banned
I think that unharmed trophy was also glitched (maybe it still is). I beat Garl but when I went over to her, I didn't realize hitting her would make her do a blast on me. So I was plagued and she blasted and I died. I went back in, with Garl already dead, and killed her and the trophy popped.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
You can always go over the the right side of the level and from up above there, shoot her to death if you have a decent bow. That will get you the 'may you be unharmed' trophy as well.
this is what i did. just take a right on entering the arena, scale the cliffs until you get to a good spot, and sink a bunch of arrows into her.

Tips for after beating armour spider? Running a Knight with a pure strength build and I'm getting my ass beat by the golden skeletons in 4-1. I'm alternating bastard sword +4 with crescent falchion and crushing battleaxe with identical success

Paulxo87

Tips for after beating armour spider? Running a Knight with a pure strength build and I'm getting my ass beat by the golden skeletons in 4-1. I'm alternating bastard sword +4 with crescent falchion and crushing battleaxe with identical success

stand on the left hand side of the tunnel and just hit him with arrows or cast spells from there. He can't really hurt you from there

#Phonepunk#

Banned
playing the original in 4k in emulator is fun, tho my computer can only hit 45 fps on average. 4 way controls are a struggle. also the audio is skipping all the time. you can't deny this world design/vocal performances/music is all unstoppable, though i do love the remaster's attempt.

also check out this bloom overkill lol. psychedelic fantasy. god rays, anyone?

5SNWXn6.jpg

dat bloom.

n8ORkH9.jpg

Last edited:

Rolla

Banned

The most difficult boss I faced as a strength build. You need to lighten your item burden to 50% capacity and in doing so unlock fast dodge. It's a game changer lol

Ar¢tos

I would really REALLY like to be able to delete characters. Every souls game had that option, including the original Demon's Souls, it's baffling how this was overlooked/omitted in the remake.
Is it beyond Bluepoint technical skill?
Is it an OS issue?
Or did they just think it wasn't important?

People have been asking for this since launch and after 3 patches it is still not possible to do. It's really weird.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Fight him legit, hes pretty fun. Zig zag towards him hopefully evading his webs. If not just walk to him with shield up, block his fireballs with shield. He won't ever do it if you're close to him. Block his slash, hit him once or so. And bait his double claw stomp, always stay right in front of his head, his both claws will end up to the side of you. Punish after he did his stomp. When he pours gasoline, run back to the entrance. Repeat.

(Cheap way) At the very start of the arena, just immediately after you entered the fog, go all the way left and shoot him with arrows from there. He can't hit you with fire and webs are too weak to be a real danger. Just take your time and eventually you'll kill the boss easily.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

(Cheap way) At the very start of the arena, just immediately after you entered the fog, go all the way left and shoot him with arrows from there. He can't hit you with fire and webs are too weak to be a real danger. Just take your time and eventually you'll kill the boss easily.
Fight him legit, hes pretty fun. Zig zag towards him hopefully evading his webs. If not just walk to him with shield up, block his fireballs with shield. He won't ever do it if you're close to him. Block his slash, hit him once or so. And bait his double claw stomp, always stay right in front of his head, his both claws will end up to the side of you. Punish after he did his stomp. When he pours gasoline, run back to the entrance. Repeat.
The most difficult boss I faced as a strength build. You need to lighten your item burden to 50% capacity and in doing so unlock fast dodge. It's a game changer lol
lol all you guys misread his post. He is asking for help AFTER beating the spider boss. he's having issues with the golden skeleton in 4-1, not the spider boss.

Jack Videogames Jack Videogames i would suggest you continue on to the next boss. there is a shortcut you can take in 2-2 that lets you fight the boss without really fighting any other enemies. get the flame resistance ring and the purple shield from the hill with the two dragons in 1-1 to give yourself good protection against the 2-2 boss.

or you can do the 4-1 boss by using the adjudicator skip and skip the golden skeletons altogether. look this up. lets you skip the entire level.

upgrade your falchion the best you can by killing the two lizards in 4-1. 4-1 boss is easy so go and get the lizards again since the respawn after you kill each boss in that world. should have enough to get falchion to +2 and then do 2-2 and kill every enemy in 2-2 in just one to two hits. the boss in 2-2 is also weak to magic damage so the falchion is going to be much than whatever strength weapons you have. 4-1 boss soul lets you make one of the best strength weapons so do that as well but falchion is going to be better against the 2-2 boss.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Fuck yeah just killed the two maneater alone .. while my build is magic but I fucked them up with the big sword. Goddamn I’m feeling good lol

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Also look at this .. I don’t know if you know about it but for me this was a surprise

52zvXsX.jpg

I fought this thing here and when it went up trying to fly there is a body fell down as you can see in the pic.. it has a golden sword with a golden shield and its powered the most with magic .. it looks fucking cool

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
NT4nXVD.jpg

guys the tower is there but I can’t go to take the prison key. The world tendency is while btw so what’s wrong?? I just killed the maneater too

Last edited:
NT4nXVD.jpg

guys the tower is there but I can’t go to take the prison key. The world tendency is while btw so what’s wrong?? I just killed the maneater too

There is a bug that isn't registering carryover world tendency from a previous run for Tower of Latria (none of the pure white world tendency events pop). You have to do a clean, no death's at full health, 3 boss kill play-through for it to pop (be a phantom at all times just to be sure). If you have even just a single death at full health (human form) in Tower of Latria for your current run but thought the carryover tendency from the previous run was gonna save you - it should - but it doesn't. Happened to me too and I couldn't explain it either... releading, relogging etc. Nothing helps. Has to be a clean, no death's at full health, 3 boss kill for Tower of Latria. Lucky for you.... you don't have to waste your time no longer knowing this unlike I. Happy hunting.

Last edited:

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
There is a bug that isn't registering carryover tendency from a previous run. You have to do a clean no death's 3 boss kill play-through for it to pop. If you have even just a single death in Tower of Latria for your current run but thought the carryover from the previous run was gonna save you - it should - but it doesn't. Happened to me too and I couldn't explain it either... releading, relogging etc. Nothing helps. Has to be a clean, no death's, 3 boss kill for Tower of Latria. Lucky for you.... you don't have to waste your time no longer knowing this unlike I. Happy hunting.

Fuck

Tip for May you be Unharmed trophy:

Get a White Bow, buy Holy Arrows (100 is enough). At the start of the arena, hug the wall to the right and go all the way right to the very tip of the rock cliff with worshippers. Kill the worshipper at the very front of the line, at the edge of the cliff, and take his place. Use your bow from there with holy arrows and spam Astrea to death (just point your reticule at the glowing dot). Easy kill. Then you can either spam Garl from that very same spot with arrows to death - he'll be spamming his attacks at the wall below you (He takes quite a lot more arrows to kill depending on the NG+ state) or simply go down and fight him normally (preferred since you'll have to burn way too many arrows and your finger will hurt - specially when he starts to run like chicken to heal). He's easy to kill using a good two-handed heavy melee weapon.

Last edited:

Sinthor

Gold Member
Tip for May you be Unharmed trophy:

Get a White Bow, buy Holy Arrows (100 is enough). At the start of the arena, hug the wall to the right and go all the way right to the very tip of the rock cliff with worshippers. Kill the worshipper at the very front of the line, at the edge of the cliff, and take his place. Use your bow from there with holy arrows and spam Astrea to death (just point your reticule at the glowing dot). Easy kill.
Or use the Lava Bow that you only need 14 Str, 16 Dex for....a cheaper high end alternative! :)

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
There is a bug that isn't registering carryover world tendency from a previous run for Tower of Latria (none of the pure white world tendency events pop). You have to do a clean, no death's at full health, 3 boss kill play-through for it to pop (be a phantom at all times just to be sure). If you have even just a single death at full health in Tower of Latria for your current run but thought the carryover tendency from the previous run was gonna save you - it should - but it doesn't. Happened to me too and I couldn't explain it either... releading, relogging etc. Nothing helps. Has to be a clean, no death's at full health, 3 boss kill for Tower of Latria. Lucky for you.... you don't have to waste your time no longer knowing this unlike I. Happy hunting.

Just killed the old monk I think now it’s going to work

lol all you guys misread his post. He is asking for help AFTER beating the spider boss. he's having issues with the golden skeleton in 4-1, not the spider boss.

Jack Videogames Jack Videogames i would suggest you continue on to the next boss. there is a shortcut you can take in 2-2 that lets you fight the boss without really fighting any other enemies. get the flame resistance ring and the purple shield from the hill with the two dragons in 1-1 to give yourself good protection against the 2-2 boss.

or you can do the 4-1 boss by using the adjudicator skip and skip the golden skeletons altogether. look this up. lets you skip the entire level.

upgrade your falchion the best you can by killing the two lizards in 4-1. 4-1 boss is easy so go and get the lizards again since the respawn after you kill each boss in that world. should have enough to get falchion to +2 and then do 2-2 and kill every enemy in 2-2 in just one to two hits. the boss in 2-2 is also weak to magic damage so the falchion is going to be much than whatever strength weapons you have. 4-1 boss soul lets you make one of the best strength weapons so do that as well but falchion is going to be better against the 2-2 boss.

Yeah this, sorry guys if i didn't explain myself properly.

I finally managed to get past the skeletons and beat Adjudicator by removing armor pieces until I was under 50% load. Seems my problem is that I stacked strength too early and I don't have enough endurance to use my build properly.

3-1 sucks ass so I'll likely go 2-2 next. Next roadblock here we go!

SlimySnake

Yeah this, sorry guys if i didn't explain myself properly.

I finally managed to get past the skeletons and beat Adjudicator by removing armor pieces until I was under 50% load. Seems my problem is that I stacked strength too early and I don't have enough endurance to use my build properly.

3-1 sucks ass so I'll likely go 2-2 next. Next roadblock here we go!
Go to the dragon cliff and get the ring of great strength to equip heavier stuff.. It's the last one below the blue dragon's tail.

I totally lost the "after" part LOL
My bad!

SlimySnake

This is by far the most cruel thing that's ever happened to me in a souls game. I've died with the boss down to a silver of health before but not like this like.

What's worse is the i had to use curse weapon three times for the second maneater because he went completely nuts and refused to land on the platform for a good 2 minutes. Had my 50% bonus not run out seconds before he finally landed, i wouldve easily killed him. My crushing claymore was doing like 700 damage per hit with the curse weapon spell.

I think it's just payback for the countless times i have killed these guys in one hit with the firestorm. I never got to see how glitchy this fight can be if it goes longer than 2 seconds. He just wouldn't land.

Maneater is by far the worst boss encounter of the whole game. Total pain in the ass. The reason is that it's cheap and feels cheap - specially the hit detection box, speed of move of that rushing shoulder lunge. The adjectives write themselves. Compared to something like Flamelurker...... night and day.

Cheap bosses should rightfully be beaten cheaply (thief ring, center arena hug, firestorm). F' em.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Maneater is by far the worse boss encounter of the whole game. Total pain in the ass. But the reason is that it's cheap and feels cheap - specially the hit detection box, speed of move of that rushing shoulder lunge. The adjectives write themselves. Compared to something like Flamelurker...... night and day.

Cheap bosses should rightfully be beaten cheaply (thief ring, center arena hug, firestorm). F' em.
i was hoping stuff like that wouldve been fixed for the remake but this seems like a straight copy paste job from Bluepoint. i just spent almost 30 minutes trying to get the rune sword in 3-1 and they never fixed the invisible wall that pushes you off the ledge. i got it on my 9th or 10th run. tried everything that was on youtube. unequipped everything, walked backwards, shimmied on the ledge. nothing worked. just random luck did the trick on the last try.

Grinchy

Banned
This is by far the most cruel thing that's ever happened to me in a souls game. I've died with the boss down to a silver of health before but not like this like.

What's worse is the i had to use curse weapon three times for the second maneater because he went completely nuts and refused to land on the platform for a good 2 minutes. Had my 50% bonus not run out seconds before he finally landed, i wouldve easily killed him. My crushing claymore was doing like 700 damage per hit with the curse weapon spell.

I think it's just payback for the countless times i have killed these guys in one hit with the firestorm. I never got to see how glitchy this fight can be if it goes longer than 2 seconds. He just wouldn't land.

My first character was a dex build with a dagger. I hate this broken, buggy fight with a passion and had no remorse for my 2nd character one-shotting them with firestorm lol

SlimySnake

I have four pure blade stones after checking storage what are they used to upgrade ?
Sharp Dex weapons. gives the weapons an S scaling in Dex and removes all other scaling.

This is different than the sharp stones which are used to upgrade dex weapons on the normal upgrade path. Bladestones are the rarest drops in the game. people spend 2 hours farming for just one.

i think they must have increased the drop rate on these Pure bladestones or even pure greystones because i have enemies randomly dropping them on my first few kills for that enemy type. my mage and my strength build runs literally dropped a pure bladestone on the very first ninja skeleton kill. i had 5 pure greystones because i had enough chunks to upgrade to +5.

Last edited:

RAL1992

Sharp Dex weapons. gives the weapons an S scaling in Dex and removes all other scaling.

This is different than the sharp stones which are used to upgrade dex weapons on the normal upgrade path. Bladestones are the rarest drops in the game. people spend 2 hours farming for just one.

i think they must have increased the drop rate on these Pure bladestones or even pure greystones because i have enemies randomly dropping them on my first few kills for that enemy type. my mage and my strength build runs literally dropped a pure bladestone on the very first ninja skeleton kill. i had 5 pure greystones because i had enough chunks to upgrade to +5.

I'm running pure mage and its dropped the 4 without even noticing, might be a bug but hopefully its just that they've patched it and people can get them at the correct rate.

SlimySnake

I'm running pure mage and its dropped the 4 without even noticing, might be a bug but hopefully its just that they've patched it and people can get them at the correct rate.
did you by any chance had the Providential ring equipped?

i have a feeling that it reduces the chance for items like pure bladestones and bladestone chunks instead of increasing it.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Anyone, please help me get Boletaria and Stomefang to Pure white
I need to get those remaining coins before going into NG+

RAL1992

did you by any chance had the Providential ring equipped?

i have a feeling that it reduces the chance for items like pure bladestones and bladestone chunks instead of increasing it.

Thief and Cling pal, providential always sat in my vault, ill be willing to trade some during the week as and when I can get on. If people really need them.

iHaunter

Anyone else in love with this game? I know it's imperfect and the bosses can be a bit gimmicky, but I can't help but love the character and atmosphere. This has to be my #1 Souls game only 2nd to Bloodborne.

Grinchy

Banned
Anyone else in love with this game? I know it's imperfect and the bosses can be a bit gimmicky, but I can't help but love the character and atmosphere. This has to be my #1 Souls game only 2nd to Bloodborne.
It's so good I don't want to plat it. I am going to put it away for a bit and make a faith character to do the all miracles trophy. I have 2 characters already that could get the rings and then there's just a couple other trophies I haven't done like the dragon god one. But I don't want to get that plat yet...

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
If I didn’t I wouldn’t play it 8 times, I’m also kind of like how levels are divided by Archstone. At its heart, Demon’s Souls is a dungeon crawler like SMT series.

xiskza

I'm sure there are plenty of people who agree with you

#Phonepunk#

Banned
there are regular skeletons with blue eyes like the one right at the start and there are the red eyed golden ones which are only two in the world iirc.

how i deal with the blue eyed ones is by making sure to trigger only one at a time, blocking their first attack while moving right, and backstabbing them immediately after. if backstab doesn't work then 3 slices with a two handed sword.

for the red eyes knights i usually use the fire magic, which does a bunch of damage on them. you can stand at range and kill them in 6 or so shots.

some swords, like the Large Sword of Moonlight, will stun the blue eyed guys, but the red eyed ones remain a pain in the butt.

Top Bottom