• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Depeche Mode fans going apeshit in 3...2...1...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpoutane

http://devotional.depechemode.com/

Depeche Mode Release "Devotional" DVD
Released September 20th on Mute Records

Depeche Mode release for the first time on DVD, their acclaimed performance film, "Devotional", recorded on the band's 1993 sold out world tour. Directed by the innovative photographer and director and longterm Depeche Mode visual collaborator, Anton Corbijn, this hugely impressive and visually stunning film perfectly captures the essence of one of Britain's most pioneering acts at the height of their powers. On its release in 1993, "Devotional" was nominated for a Grammy award for Best Long Form Music Video.

The "Devotional" 2 disc DVD is a compilation of the band's live performances recorded in Frankfurt and Barcelona on the band's "Devotional" world tour. Extras, exclusive to DVD, include a Depeche Mode rockumentary, an interview with Anton Corbijn and six remastered promo videos, including "Walking In My Shoes". The DVD also features a series of eight back projections that were used on the second half of the tour.

The performance includes renditions of Depeche Mode classics, "Personal Jesus", "Walking In My Shoes" and "Enjoy The Silence", "Never Let Me Down Again" with exclusive bonus tracks, "Halo" and "Policy of Truth.

"Devotional" is a beautifully filmed document of one of the band's most lavish and ambitious shows ever. With an epic and innovative stage design and unique visuals, all produced by Anton Corbjin, "Devotional" is more than just a live DVD - it is a journey not to be forgotten.

Release Date: September 20th, 2004 (UK) / pending (USA)

Full Tracklisting

Disc One:
Devotional
A performance filmed by Anton Corbijn

01 - Higher Love (7:18)
02 - World In My Eyes (6:01)
03 - Walking In My Shoes (6:38)
04 - Behind The Wheel (5:35)
05 - Stripped (5:05)
06 - Condemnation (3:55)
07 - Judas (4:58)
08 - Mercy In You (4:15)
09 - I Feel You (6:56)
10 - Never Let Me Down Again (4:46)
11 - Rush (4:37)
12 - In Your Room (7:27)
13 - Personal Jesus (5:40)
14 - Enjoy The Silence (6:30)
15 - Fly On The Windscreen (5:11)
16 - Everything Counts (5:28)
17 - Death's Door (3:40)
note: "Death's Door" playing during the credits

Bonus tracks from the "Devotional" performance
01 - Halo (4:40)
02 - Policy Of Truth (5:06)

Disc Two:
Devotional live projections (from the Exotic leg of the Devotional tour)

01 - Walking In My Shoes (6:21)
02 - Stripped (5:01)
03 - Condemnation (3:43)
04 - Judas (5:38)
05 - I Feel You (6:50)
06 - Never Let Me Down Again (4:45)
07 - In Your Room (6:29)
08 - Enjoy The Silence (7:30)

Promotional videos
(*)01 - I Feel You (4:30)
(*)02 - Walking In My Shoes (3:30)
(*)03 - Condemnation (Paris Mix) (4:57)
(*)04 - In Your Room (4:48)
(*)05 - One Caress (4:00)
(*)06 - Condemnation (Live) (3:11)

MTV Documentary
(-)"Depeche Mode Rockumentary" (22:30)

Monologue by Anton Corbijn
(*)A short film by James Rose (8:20)

Devotional Tour Programs
Photo galleries of the 1993 & 1994 tour programs.

> All items are 5.1 and PCM Stereo except (*), which are just PCM Stereo, and (-), which is Dolby 2.0 Stereo.
> Subtitles available in the following languages: English, French, German, Italian & Spanish.
> 5.1 engineering by Kevin Paul at The Instrument, London in 2004, assisted by David Williams. Mastered by Kevin Metcalfe at The Soundmasters, London.

Fucking yessss. I consider Devotional to be one of the greatest live perfomances by any band of all time; it's just flawless. And Policy of Truth and Halo bonus tracks? Mute Records, I love you.

Time for some DM love, people :I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom