• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: The Final Shape Releases on 02.27.24

Draugoth

Gold Member

xQ3aQvm.png

The Final Shape looms—a nightmarish calcification of reality into the Witness's twisted design. Embark on a perilous journey into the heart of the Traveler, rally the Vanguard, and end the War of Light and Darkness.Become Legend

February 27, 2024.

Last edited:

splattered

I dunnooooo i'm so burnt out on this series already. I didnt even bother to play through last season and here we are about to head into another before we even get to final shape. Sigh.

tmlDan

the change from seasons to episodes better be worth it, i felt some seasons really lacked likely due to how close they were to each other. Hopefully the time allows them to actually flesh things out story wise like they said at the event.

Last edited:

Sorne

No new darkness subclass, re-used assets and locations and a single new enemy type 🥴 I'm excited for the story, but the rest was kinda disappointing.

Last edited:

Mossybrew

This withered old husk of a game keeps shambling on thanks to the cult of enablers that keep buying these expansions.

makaveli60

What? Based on the name I thought this will be a massive wrap-up, bringing back all the vaulted content that many, including me, missed so everyone can enjoy it but it seems only another expansion. Whatever

Vox Machina

Banned
What a scam this franchise turned out to be. Gee i wonder which faction will be the reskinned enemy this time

Noped out of this franchise right after the launch of Destiny 2 and haven't looked back since. Destiny 1 used to be this grand reimagining of something like Halo and it just devolved so fast.

nikos

Might as well wrap it up. Loved The Witch Queen, didn't like Lightfall. Play it ignoring the bullshit FOMO content creators and it's generally a fun game.

Trogdor1123

It sounds like they are ready going to draw this out. The episodes stuff sounds like seasons just less often but probably more expensive

$125 for the bundle also is a fair bit of money

Last edited:

Neolombax

The showcase left me feeling underwhelmed, much more than Lightfalls' showcase. I'll probably buy it, just to experience the end but not too sure about the episodes though.

Dthomp

heh. and they finally also releasing groupfinder in season 23. better late than never?

I honestly feel that this system is a beta test for using something similar in Marathon, Matter and eventually D3 or some type of Destiny reboot. You don't burn the resources they have been on improvements for a game that sounds like it's done with DLCs and running "Episodes" with what we already know is a skeleton crew. This game is gonna be supported JUST ENOUGH to look like they care while they see if Marathon bombs and they need to dust this off for another year IMO

Ar¢tos

The Final Reskin, as they are calling it in the Bungie forums.

At least with the last patch we no longer need to go through the ULTRA BORING quests to unlock Stasis Aspects/Grenades/Fragments we can just buy it from the Exo Stranger and no longer limited to 2 a week.
I'll finally unlock Stasis for my other 2 chars! (I simply couldn't be bothered with the quests).

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I've been done with them since I came back after a break and the 4 expansions I had bought were vaulted. Absolutely insane. Plenty of MMOs have figured it out, Bungie just has no respect.

Top Bottom