• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF]:Dead Space: The Classic Original Revisited on Xbox 360 + Q6600/8800 GT PC!

Retinoid

I had a Q6600 + 8600GT + 2GB RAM back in 2008 with a 1280x1024 monitor. I felt like a god and could run anything at 60fps.
Aside from Crysis

Kuranghi

I'm just finishing up a replay now so gonna wait til after to watch it but this looks good, I'm playing at silly resolutions so I'd like to see how the whole game looks at lower resolutions, I switched to 720p to see how it looked and it was fantastic, everything was still perfectly readable at reasonable distances and it made some parts look more detailed than they actually are due to the brain-filling-in business that happens.

A great world building benefit gotten by playing it at 4K+ is that you can read all the computer displays and door signs from like 30 feet away which is sweet.

edit - Also I forgot how amazing the levitating chainsaw weapon sounds, I could record that and force my nephew and niece into being good with it its so horrible:

2655e1ee4c2331563cf646cd7eabd468a1f7d1f80e4abe97d72043108dd5ccee_1.jpg

Can also be revisitied in 4k + HDR on XSX:

As awesome as that sounds I don't think thats actually 4K, unless the video encode was a lower resolution and they still put it on youtube as "4K", look at the aliasing, its nuts, I think its 1080p or less even, if the capture truly was 4K. Unless I'm missing something or you/they just meant a 4K output.

Auto HDR sounds interesting though, I just have SDR on the PC obviously, only thing I would say is the game barely ever contains actual real darkness or pitch black, only when the lights go out completely which is only in a few moments, near the start outside the first toilet, in a corridor around the time you are going to hydroponics and some other few times from there. I'd be really interested to see what it does for highlights though, they are already crazy bright for me in SDR due to every light just being pure max white like they used to do to make it bright on old tellys. If thats just converted to "max backlight" in a TVs HDR mode that could look mental, have you played it yourself? What TV did you use if yeah?

Last edited:

Calverz

Can also be revisitied in 4k + HDR on XSX:

Played through the first and second games on xsx and they aren’t 4K. They use auto hdr. These YouTube videos are so misleading. They are like 720p. I have the 2nd game on ps3 and I did a comparison myself. Same res.

As awesome as that sounds I don't think thats actually 4K, unless the video encode was a lower resolution and they still put it on youtube as "4K", look at the aliasing, its nuts, I think its 1080p or less even, if the capture truly was 4K. Unless I'm missing something or you just meant a 4K output.

Played through the first and second games on xsx and they aren’t 4K. They use auto hdr. These YouTube videos are so misleading. They are like 720p. I have the 2nd game on ps3 and I did a comparison myself. Same res.
I think you guys are right, unfortunately i only got a XSS right now and thought the XSX could really do 4k. Youtube videos are really misleading sometimes-

Lucky8BB

Banned
I had 8800Ultra + Q6600 back then and this PC could run console ports almost for entire generation (in 2012 my 8800U has fried and I had to buy a new PC). According to Alex 8800GT was 2x times faster compared to x360 GPU, but he play this game at 60fps (you need 2x faster GPU for that already) and at 2x higher resolution on top of that, so 8800GT was clearly much faster than that.

nkarafo

I played the game on a Pentium 4 3.0GHz, but i also had a more modern Radeon x1950pro.

The card could handle the game at 60fps (at 1024x768) but i was CPU limited and had big drops during heavy combat scenarios.

Last edited:

Skifi28

There's something special about running PC games with "original" hardware of their era. Had a 2.6ghz Core duo and a 8600gts back then, good times.

Last edited:
I played through it on an Athlon 64 and a 8600GS(took me year to save up for it and a 8600GT was almost double the price), I don’t remember which settings I ran it at but I do know that it ran great at the time and it looked awesome, can’t wait for the reboot!

Top Bottom