• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo/Baldur's Gate hybrid, does such a game exist?

protonion

So I had this random craving to play game like this but could not think of one!

What I mean, is an ARPG with the polished and casual friendly gameplay of Diablo combined with the story/quest depth of Baldur's Gate.

Is there anything like this out there?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
an ACRPG? Dunno man.

New Vegas has simple combat, and in Neverwiter Nights you only control 1 character, but I dunno how simple the combat is in that one.

Sentenza

The FIRST Divine Divinity was exactly that, a Diablo-like ARPG where the RPG part was quite developed (branching dialogues, choices and consequences, quests with multiple solutions and a fairly interactable world, etc).
Then there was Lionheart, a game that started great and then fell apart after the first act.

None of them particularly modern, since we are talking of early 2000 titles.

For the record I don't even particularly agree about finding the formula appealing.
I don't really like "Diablo-like" combat that much and I'll take a good meaty turn-based tactical any day. But still...

Last edited:

IlGialloMondadori

Gold Member
It's a crpg with more combats than others but nothing like diablo
It's neither particularly developed as a RPG (it's basically one combat after the other) nor it's a Diablo-like action combat (it's a party-based tactical RTWP).
So double miss.

On the other hand it's a great game and its sequel even better, so there's that.
Guys, I’ve played it and I’ve played Diablo. I know it’s not exact lol. It’s the closest thing I can think of. Less focus on story, more combat.

Guilty_AI

Gold Member
Grim Dawn often gets praised for having in-depth lore and quests with actual world consequences. There's also a faction system.

Filben

Maybe one of the real-time combat with pause cRPGs on Easy difficulty like Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2 or Tyranny. Also the old Dragon Age: Origins or the second game.

If you play these games on Easy you can blast through battles without the need to pause constantly and they become way more action-orientated than they're supposed to be. In addition you get a good story with lots of lore, choices and dialouges (your BG3 checkbox).

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
You mean like... are there any games where a questionably hot queen of the succubi fucks a bear? Not that I'm aware of. But, would pay good money for it.

Top Bottom