• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did a monitor manufacturer just leak Steam Deck 2?

RagnarokIV

The INNOCN 48Q1V is the perfect 4K OLED Gaming Monitor for the best Steam Deck 2 Experience​

The 48Q1V has a 138 Hz refresh rate and a 4K UHD resolution, allowing users to enjoy an incredibly smooth viewing experience when connected to the Valve Steam Deck 2 handheld gaming PC. When the Steam Deck 2 is paired with the 48Q1V, users can enjoy their favorite game in comfort.

Sourced from digital foundry's new monitor review.

Did a monitor manufacturer just leak Steam Deck 2? Or intentionally making a "mistake" knowing it'll generate some light buzz and bring attention to the product?

Highly doubt a new powerful sku soon, but in the next iteration, I expect a 1080p OLED screen + Zen 4 + RDNA4 APU on N3 with the same power envelope, and a 512 GB SSD default (1TB SSD option $100 more).

Same form factor
$399

zeomax

Valve said in March that the Steam Deck 2 is years away. Unless you think some random Chinese screen manufacturer is more reliable than the company that made the Steam Deck, I would say that this doesn't hold much weight.
Nintendo said one day before the reveal that they have no plans for a DS Lite.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Just leak? Article is three months old. I'm sure it would've been edited by now if it was true and they made a do-do.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I would call things like steam deck and rog natural handhelds.

ROG-Ally-India.jpg

Last edited:

Ev1L AuRoN

4k for handheld is unnecessary.
For running at native resolution yes, but 2160 is amazing when it comes to upscaling, you can run 240p 480p 720p 1080p integer scaling, and even non-integer resolutions like 1298p 1620p 1800p still look fantastic on a 4k display. Of course, the price of such a component far outweigh its advantages. A 1080p120 VRR display would be much better.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Wait, how old is Steam Deck by now? I know that a closed platform like this is bound to go obsolete eventually but that seems way too fast, especially considering the prices and all.

JCK75

They're not going to be in a big hurry to release the second one simply because you know they're never going to release the third one.

Sorcerer

There is going to have to be at least a lengthy amount of time from the last sale (in this case the sale on the Steam Deck ended yesterday) to when they can even announce a new model. I think it would be a shitty move to have people buy the Deck and then announce a new model a week later.
I assume the Deck will be on discount with every major Steam sale. Probably Summer sale and year end sale at least. Now they probably have created a situation where people will never pay full price for the deck. Valve probably doesn't care because the real money is in game sales and not the hardware.
But I would assume there would be something like at least a year of no discounts on the current deck to appease the majority who buy it that way. Then I think we can assume something new will be announced.
I get someone who paid full price recently without waiting for a sale will be pissed as well, but Valve cannot appease everyone.
Imagine Valve has a fire sale like they did for the controller? 5 bucks for a Steam Deck!!! LOL!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom