• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did anyone else enjoy this? Or am I crazy?

havoc00

capsule_616x353.jpg

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Its not bad. I'm completely sick of Devil May Cry at this point and don't ever need to see a part 6. Ever. Do something new.

This had some interesting elements with the transforming levels. The combat isnt on par with the top entries in the series but it felt like a return to some of the spectacle seen in part 1.

I'd honestly have to replay it to get more specific. Been many years. This game was another game where every single flaw got amplified into insanity, like RE6, FFXIII and many more.

ungalo

It's alright, arguably the best game of Ninja Theory.

At launch the 30 fps on console was awful but now at 60 it's enjoyable.

Now that we got DMC 5 and that we know DMC is not dead we can judge the game on its own merit and it's certainly not a shitty game.

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
It's not a bad game, but it's like a fan game that thinks that can do better than the original series

Aion002

I finished it at launch. It wasn't bad, but it was also not really good.

A really "meh" game... The only DMC that I never replayed it.

It's fine, and it does some really cool things, but it torpedo'd itself by naming it devil may cry; if capcom named it anything else it would've undoubtedly been received much better, aside from the 30 fps nonsense of course.

Robb

Gold Member
I remember the gameplay being solid and fun.

It wasn’t the DMC game I wanted though. The new Dante isn’t as good as the old one and the script was pretty darn awful from what I recall.. I know DMC is usually over the top but this was just absolutely horrible;

Funny to watch in retrospect though.

semiconscious

Gold Member
ninja theory doesn't make bad games. but, having played most of them, i've never really 'loved' one of their games. there's just something sterile/calculated about them. like they lack heart...

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
It's just different, it Devil May Cry but infused with 2000's style, hell you could even say Hayden Christensen played Dante.
Definitely the best of the western remakes
And definitely Ninja Theory's best game

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I remember the gameplay being solid and fun.

It wasn’t the DMC game I wanted though. The new Dante isn’t as good as the old one and the script was pretty darn awful from what I recall.. I know DMC is usually over the top but this was just absolutely horrible;

Funny to watch in retrospect though.

came in thread to post this scene glad you did.
fuck the haters the game was fun to play way more fun then most games these days

Papa_Wisdom

ninja theory doesn't make bad games. but, having played most of them, i've never really 'loved' one of their games. there's just something sterile/calculated about them. like they lack heart...
Ninja theory’s best game is hands down enslaved, it was not even on my radar but I played the demo and bought it the day after and I need up becoming one my best games of that generation.

semiconscious

Gold Member
Ninja theory’s best game is hands down enslaved, it was not even on my radar but I played the demo and bought it the day after and I need up becoming one my best games of that generation.
i finished enslaved & enjoyed it enough, but when i tried replaying it a couple years back, i didn't get far for whatever reason. too many other games i've replayed & enjoyed from that gen for it to place anywhere near that high for me...

Top Bottom