• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Keep Calm and Play Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth

Vyse

Gold Member
Crazy times in gaming this week. What’s really crazy is how much I am loving Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth.

Played almost all of the Yakuza games. Currently on Chapter 6 and have to say Hawaii is a great setting. With how quick they knock out these games, I am amazed at all of the improvements they put into Infinite Wealth.

Don’t sleep on this game my friends!

Puscifer

Can anyone confirm if the end game is more balanced? In like a dragon you basically could just forgoe strategy and just throw moves and win everything

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
I'm having a hard time wrapping my around the Dondoko Island. I don't even know where to begin. I feel like I got dropped in an entirely different game lol

Vyse

Gold Member
I'm having a hard time wrapping my around the Dondoko Island. I don't even know where to begin. I feel like I got dropped in an entirely different game lol
Just stick with it. You will get it. I stayed until I got to 5 stars. Took me two days to finish it up. Walked away with a lot of money.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Not sure, but I love the option when you are over leveled to clear fights with one trigger. Still get money, materials and job experience without slugging through a full battle. Wish other games had this.

I believe the new Trails game coming out this summer has this feature. Hopefully a trend :)

Comandr

Can anyone confirm if the end game is more balanced? In like a dragon you basically could just forgoe strategy and just throw moves and win everything
You will definitely run into enemies that will kick your shit in later in the game. They have certain resistances or attack extremely rapidly and hit hard on top of having a lot of health. Job synergy is somewhat important later on. Being able to borrow skills from other jobs a character has played is a huge benefit to even out a character's skills.

DarkBatman

SBI’s Employee of the Year
Just stick with it. You will get it. I stayed until I got to 5 stars. Took me two days to finish it up. Walked away with a lot of money.
I had the same experience. Dondoko Island is so addictive that I forgot about the exciting main plot for two days and couldn't stop building new shops and making guests happy. I hope that RGG Studio will release a DLC or maybe even a small spin-off. This mode is just awesome.

Skifi28

I want to play badly as I loved 7, but I haven't played the man who erased his name yet so waiting on a good deal for that first. Dont want to miss anything related to the story.

Go_Ly_Dow

Loving my time with it. Goes to share how great games aren't judge by cutting edge visuals, but by the content they offer. Infinite Wealth has reviewed and sold really well despite not being a mega AAA affair.

StueyDuck

Crazy times in gaming this week. What’s really crazy is how much I am loving Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth.

Played almost all of the Yakuza games. Currently on Chapter 6 and have to say Hawaii is a great setting. With how quick they knock out these games, I am amazed at all of the improvements they put into Infinite Wealth.

Don’t sleep on this game my friends!
I want to but I'm also extremely burnt out on yakuza right now.

Same with persona. They went from niche title you'd see every few years to like 100 every month (obviously not a 100, I'm being hyperbolic).

These two franchises need to just chill for a year or 2 and come back swinging. Not to say they aren't excellent games, I just don't feel the need to play another iteration on either franchise right now

Hohenheim

Not sure, but I love the option when you are over leveled to clear fights with one trigger. Still get money, materials and job experience without slugging through a full battle. Wish other games had this.
This sounds like the best thing ever for games like these! That's it, i'll watch a recap of the first "Like a Dragon" and jump into this at some point. Played the last one for about 12 hours, and if this has improvements like mentioned above, I think it will stick with me to the credits

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I played the first game and didn't quite like the combat system. Although I'm familiar with and enjoy turn-based games, I couldn't tolerate it in a Yakuza game. That's why I've taken this game off my radar. Maybe I'll play Yakuza 0 instead.

Majukun

could not get into the previous yakuza rpg, combat felt a little too repetitive and was not a fan of the few minigames..wonder if it gets better after the rough start though

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I've been on Ch.6 for 10 hours now in that one area people know about. Incredibly addictive and I'm almost at the point of returning to the main story.

Crazy fun and varied gameplay styles that keep the game fresh well into the campaign.

As good as Like a Dragon was, this exceeds that by a long shot.

Freeman76

I preferred the first one but this is still an excellent game. For me the story has been nowhere near as good so far, but im only in Chapter 5 so far, hoping that changes as I prefer the multiple intertwining style of the first one rather than it being solely focussed on trying to track someone down who i've never met 🤣

I never played the Yakuza games. I completed Yakuza 0 and then jumped straight to Like a Dragon, as I prefer modern games and the turn-based style. I've fallen in love with LAD and it's great to know that Infinite Wealth is even better. Can't wait to play it.

MiguelItUp

Doing what some would call the impossible and working up to this, never beat a Yakuza game, going to all in a row now, lol. I figured it wouldn't hurt to do as there's nothing I'm really looking forward to coming out anytime soon.

Beat 0, about to beat Yakuza: Kiwami, then onto the others.

SCB3

Its really fantastic, I havea few gripes with it much like the last game (mainly the forced Side Games and the ruining of the Story's pacing because of it) but it doesn't take much away from it

Doing what some would call the impossible and working up to this, never beat a Yakuza game, going to all in a row now, lol. I figured it wouldn't hurt to do as there's nothing I'm really looking forward to coming out anytime soon.

Beat 0, about to beat Yakuza: Kiwami, then onto the others.
I've been slowly doing the same, so far I've done:

• 0 - Started with this on its Release
  • Like a Dragon
  • Judgement
  • Lost Judgement
  • Gaiden: The Man who Erased His Name
  • Infinite Wealth
Kiwami is soon, but I space them out

What crazy time? What controversies? I don't know. All I have are those goddesses's cute feet.

Ge9vM6h.jpg

Top Bottom