• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did lootboxes this current generation encourage the immoral & illegal lootings happening today in the United Cities of America? (Looters, GET ITT!!!)

It just came to my mind that the looting that's happening right now might have been subconsciously embedded by the widespread usage of lootboxes in games over the years.

Should we be placing the blame on videogames for this atrocious acts of crimes being done in the name of freedom and justice? After seeing Nintendo's store ultimately getting smashed by some college bros, I realized how fragile gaming stores must be, but i'm not that fragile.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Have EA headquarters in the US been looted yet? It's time to get some payback!

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
I'd say yes. Loot boxes are considered surprise mechanics and the sheer extent of the mechanical acts of rioting and looting in the aftermath of George Floyd, did indeed take us all by surprise.

Woo-Fu

Banned
It would only be equivalent if you had to break into another game and steal the lootbox from somebody not even playing the game you're playing.

Comparing lootboxes to drug dealing would probably be a better take. :)

Last edited:

GreenAlien

No wonder a lot of people seem to think looting is all fun and games.

We should work to make this the official narrative.
Someone needs to go to twitter and blame EA and Ubisoft for desensitizing gamers for looting by looting their bank accounts with lootboxes and micro-transactions for years.

Edit: shit.. won't games news media just use this to blame everything bad happening on gamers again?

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
It just came to my mind that the looting that's happening right now might have been subconsciously embedded by the widespread usage of lootboxes in games over the years.

Should we be placing the blame on videogames for this atrocious acts of crimes being done in the name of freedom and justice? After seeing Nintendo's store ultimately getting smashed by some college bros, I realized how fragile gaming stores must be, but i'm not that fragile.

I think it's the reverse.

We see demonstrated today by the actual looters stealing shit and offering nothing of value in return, this is just a case of the game companies that push loot boxes being extremely honest and letting us know they intend to loot our bank accounts in return for nothing of value.

So that's why so many people went blindfolded to Wallmart warehouses and just opened the boxes.

About the actual knee killing of the poor guy, I think I saw a choke move like that in DOA 2: Boobs Unleashed so I think your point is accurate OP.

Thanati

nope. It was brought about by the murder of a black man at the hands of the police and has brewing for years at the injustice black Americans have had to endure by the police.

Your post is dumb. Seriously dumb.

Top Bottom