• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry are lying about Demon's Souls not being 4K, and hiding Halo being 1440p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's that dude? And how is this any relevant? Can you prove other wise instead of trolling?
and this thread isn’t a troll? You literally proved NOTHING while making bold claims about DF lying when they have much more integrity than you.

You know what this is? Smearing DF in advance because you know there will be lots of games that perform better on the SX.

got to get that anti-Xbox misinformation campaign started early huh.

gamer82

does it really matter, i play games for myself, not because someone reviews it or tells me tech specs pixel by pixel etc . just enjoy your gaming and never mind what anyone else has to say or you will simply not play anything at that rate.

Redlight

DS remake has ray traced mode (30fps max) and performance mode (60fps), DF can only use the footage put in front of them and they sure as hell have more of a clue on pixel counts than you.
Well, to be fair, any clue at all would be a head start on Bo. :)

Last edited:

Airola

My take on this thread is that it's yet another reminder of how little the new generation of consoles impress and interests me.
We are zooming pictures 800% and comparing pixels when in the original pictures both look perfectly fine.

Kinda still appreciate the autism for the smallest of details though.

acm2000

not to mention this "performance mode" footage, could possibly be 1440p 120fps, but video is only 60fps

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Who's that dude? And how is this any relevant? Can you prove other wise instead of trolling?

You hate of DF isn't proof. You are trying to claim things about pixel density based on simply looking at them. An image is made of up many things that can cause an image to look certain ways but you claim to be able to just see past all of it.

Also your need to bring Halo Infinite into it and not simply say you disagree with their pixel count of a Ps5 game you are very clearly fighting for as a pronounced Sony loyalist is more proof of this thread than anything.

If you disagree that's fine, but your theatrics are not needed.

Loxus

Where are their proof? And that's official trailer vs RDR2 official 4K trailer as well. No need to be a genius to see the similarity in pixel density, while it's half of that on Halo.
It makes no sense trying to change ones view on something.
Microsoft done ruin video game debates with this TF, True 4K, 120 FPS nonsense.
All this does is promotes console wars for no reason.
Back in the early days, nobody cared about this sh.t,
It was all about gameplay,
Why do people like Nintendo games so much, it sure ain't resolution or framerate.

But one thing I can't stand is people spreading misinformation.
Which Digital Foundry clearly did with Halo infinite.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
They really said that? The game looks fantastic, and the image is sharp as fuck, I will need to watch the vid to see how they came to conclusion that DS is 1440p.

Redlight

The proofs are too solid that it's painful for some to watch. :lollipop_tears_of_joy: If someone would level up, it'll be a good discussion and let's us question many other stuff posted before.
You're posting pure bullshit. You can't back it up but refuse to concede. Instead you continue to post as if you actually had proven something.

We're all laughing. But we're not laughing with you Bo.

Redlight

They really said that? The game looks fantastic, and the image is sharp as fuck, I will need to watch the vid to see how they came to conclusion that DS is 1440p.
They said that the game has two modes 1440/60 and 4K/30. It's been posted in this very thread several times.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Why do people like Nintendo games so much, it sure ain't resolution or framerate.

They're begging for this thread to be shut down, because it has hard, solid facts that can't be debated.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
You hate of DF isn't proof. You are trying to claim things about pixel density based on simply looking at them. An image is made of up many things that can cause an image to look certain ways but you claim to be able to just see past all of it.

Also your need to bring Halo Infinite into it and not simply say you disagree with their pixel count of a Ps5 game you are very clearly fighting for as a pronounced Sony loyalist is more proof of this thread than anything.

If you disagree that's fine, but your theatrics are not needed.

Ok, prove me wrong? Be constructive instead of that imagination you posted.

Don't trust the most trusted technical console news outlet in the world.
Trust me, one of the biggest Sony fanboys on NeoGaf

Most trusted elected by who?

Sure by those who dont see a problem with the DF "experts" not exposing pop ins and terrible low res Textures all over the place and crap models, since the only with Craig problem is "lighting" lmao

Redlight

Did I stumble into a Qanon site?

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
They're begging for this thread to be shut down, because it has hard, solid facts that can't be debated.

Hey guys! Lets compare this TAA upscaled blurfest to this aggressive wip VRS implementation! DF LYING! REEEEEEEEEEEE

Why are Xbox fanboys such whiney babies?

You don't get to claim this when it's only SonyGAF that resort to shitting up the entire forum with their meltdown threads.

Last edited:

Allandor

Lol, is the threadstarter really counting the pixels he sees, if he Zooms into a sub-4k JPG Screenshot?

Really, come on. DF know what they are counting. You can't just count in one instance you much look for specific angles etc to count something. This just doesn't work with just zooming into jpgs and Counting the pixels you than see.

Zoro7

Banned
I don’t know enough to comment but it’s hilarious how annoyed some people are by this thread. Thanks for the laugh guys!

pawel86ck

Banned
Not that close, here is VRS magic:

HaloVRS2.jpg
VRS at 4K can lower resolution all down to 720p? Is it even possible?

Last edited:
Most likely Demon's Souls has a 1440p/60 mode with RT and a 4k/30 mode with RT
The 1440p/60 mode most likely utilizes the common restructure upscale to 4k methods
So upscaled 4k/60
Sounds good to me when you see this game's graphical fidelity
I hope GOW Ragnarok, Horizon, and all of Sony's future first party titles utilizes this
1440p/60 and 4k/30 with 1440p/60 basically being the fancy upscaled restructured to 4k techniques that make the difference negligible

Orta

Banned
Upon closer inspection I think the OP could be on to something here. There is a bit of evidence contained within this shot....

vlcsnap-2020-09-28-00h01m46s240.png

Shocking! DF cannot be allowed to get away with this. Richard Leadbetter needs to be twatted around the head with an rtx 3090 card, TONIGHT!

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Do you really think games are going to native 4K using RT features when a 2080 needs to drop as low as 1080 to use most rt features? I mean come on think about that.

Redlight

Are you giving up the actual claim and admitting to deliberate trolling now?
Is something wrong there? Could you point out where I was wrong? Or have a good day and enjoy another thread.
I'll point out where you went wrong.

It was when you first touched the keyboard.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Do you really think games are going to native 4K using RT features when a 2080 needs to drop as low as 1080 to use most rt features? I mean come on think about that.

Yes. It could either use native 4K or AI reconstructed image. And RT is varied from one implementation to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom