• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dino Crisis game supposedly started and cancelled, Code Veronica remake is not in production right now

Nickolaidas

04uVk2U.jpg

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I knew it was a long shot, but I was hoping they would announce Dino Crisis sometime after RE3 comes out.

Why are we using this dude as a valid source? He was full of shit when he was a GAF regular

I distinctly recall him teasing some Sony exclusive for E3 years ago, only for it to turn out to be some indie horror game.
Edit2: Found it: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/horr...hots-and-art-maybe-sony-game-not-bend.831349/ but he edited the OP with his "resignation", as quoted below. Dusk Golem is full of shit.

Edit:
Get a load of this guy's "resignation" from NeoGAF :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1
I wonder if he "resigned" from Reset as well after the whole Discord fiasco :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'm fine without remakes for a bit. Honestly, I want 3 different versions of NEW RE games now.

Action RE games: like RE 5 and RE6.
FPS RE games: like RE7
TPS survival horror: like RE2 and RE3 remake

I'd play all those. Dino Crisis has always kinda sucked. I mean, I'd play it if they put it out. But it's never been that good.

Banned
okay guys, someone has to limit shit like this thread title.
it completely breaks fornatting on mobile

Last edited:

Belmonte

Despite liking Code Veronica a lot, I think it is good to give the RE remakes a rest, even RE3 seemed too fast for me.

But Dino Crisis? I mean, I trust Capcom but I don't understand.

Dino Crisis is a beloved franchise, Jurrasic World is a thing, they already have the engine, 2 games with similar gameplay and lots of experience with dinossaur-like creatures with Monster Hunter.

Saber

Gold Member
Sincerelly I could care less for Dino Crysis. A pitiful take on the RE formula, I would take Galerians over this anytime.

Also, take easy on the title.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Why are we using this dude as a valid source? He was full of shit when he was a GAF regular

I distinctly recall him teasing some Sony exclusive for E3 years ago, only for it to turn out to be some indie horror game. Found it: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/horr...hots-and-art-maybe-sony-game-not-bend.831349/ but he edited the OP with his "resignation", as quoted below. Dude is full of shit.

Edit:

I wonder if he "resigned" from Reset as well after the whole Discord fiasco :messenger_beaming:

It would be one thing if it was just one post he edited, but it appears to be all his replies in that topic (though I only looked at the first page of replies). Talk about self promotion. Jeesh.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

I distinctly recall him teasing some Sony exclusive for E3 years ago, only for it to turn out to be some indie horror game. Found it: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/horr...hots-and-art-maybe-sony-game-not-bend.831349/ but he edited the OP with his "resignation", as quoted below. Dude is full of shit.

Edit:

So a nobody that should be laughed at, not propped up like some kind of insider.

Fuck that cunt.

Are ya'll really talking shiz about Dusk? He's a good dude, super fan of the Dino Crisis series and has written some awesome threads.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Are ya'll really talking shiz about Dusk? He's a good dude, super fan of the Dino Crisis series and has written some awesome threads.

giphy.gif

Nah. Dude acted like he was too cool for GAF and openly promoted a racist shit stain of a forum. Some shit talk about Dusk is absolutely warranted.

EDIT: Oh, it seems he went back and copy pasted the same response, killing most of his "history" with GAF while being a mod at Era. Yea, he can go fuck himself.

Last edited:

Aggelos

As long as Capcom hasn't announced anything, I would take his posts with a grain of salt.

Flip-side, Dino Crisis is a franchise that has been in hiatus (if not dead, in case I would like to be blunt) for more than 15 years now. Therefore, for it to be revived, it will be no easy task for the folks at Capcom Japan.... Anything could go wrong in the "revival process", i.e. a cancelled project.

Either way, Jurassic World Dominion is going to fill the gap and the need for good quality Dino entertainment.

Last edited:

Renozokii

Oh fucking fuck Capcom you fucking fuck fuckers?!

HOW IS THERE STILL NOT A DINO CRISIS GAME?!

Like...

Fuck...
Any game with dinosaurs as the main enemy would be better with a different main enemy. Prove me wrong.

Last edited:

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Don’t really care about Dino Crisis so no big loss for me!

Also I like Dusk Golem unfortunately he’s now a mod of ResetEra so he lost my respect.

Wasn't this the guy that was wrong about RE3 Remake or was that someone else? I think he got the release year wrong and said it wouldn't be like RE2 Remake then it got revealed and was just like RE2.

Renozokii

Gou shit your filthy mouth! Dinosaurs are coooooooooooooooool.
They are cool in the sense that it's crazy something like a t-rex used to walk the early as just another animal, cool from a video game perspective? How? Dumb big things with big teeth.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I know most people don't really asking for this but I really, really liking Ace Attorney Trilogy, I would love them bring rest of the games to Switch or PS4.

Doom85

Not sure why they're saying the first part, they already basically said this last month: https://wccftech.com/resident-evil-8-rebooted-years-away-no-remakes/

That being said, the latter part seems bizarre. Since their post last month said remakes in the same vein as RE 2 and 3 are being done for other Capcom series, Dino Crisis is easily the one that fits the bill most and has the biggest name recognition. So, what then? I guess there's Haunting Ground which is a great game but it's not as well-known as Dino Crisis so I'd be surprised if Capcom went with that one. Granted, there is Clock Tower, but from what I understand Sunsoft are the actual owners of the series, Capcom co-made CT 3 but I never really thought of it as a Capcom series.

I guess maybe I'm just interpreting his "in the same vein" wording badly as it makes me think the remake(s) in question would control similarly to RE 2 and 3's remakes so the genre would likely be the same or similar. If they just meant a remake in general like say the Ratchet and Clank remake, then that opens up many more possibilities. Personally, if it's true it's not Dino Crisis, then I'm personally hoping for Rival Schools.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
A RE: CV Remake in RE2 Style may actually be good

Carna

Banned
Leakers are pretty untrustworthy, what's this horror-related guy's track record with leaks? did his predictions come true.

I don't think Dino Crisis has the longevity to continue for years or come back from dormancy, it just doesn't sound practical. I would love old Capcom ip to be continued (BOF, Darkstalkers, Power Stone, Rival Schools, Plasma Sword) but sometimes a game from a popular Japanese game company that was made on old consoles doesn't have the will to continue unfortunately.

OrionNebula

I can wait a few years for Code Veronica’s Remake. That way it’ll probably feel more different than from RE2/3 Remakes, like RE:CV did feel originally.

As for Dino Crisis, was that cancelled take before or after they started using the RE Engine? I bet with today’s tools it could definitely be feasible (if they can pull of RE3 smoothly, I see no reason they wouldn’t be able to do DC)

Arachnid

Kojima can make great games but I don't know, I personally trust someone like Keiichiro Toyama more when comes to both Silent Hill and Siren series over Kojima but that just me.
Toyama would be fantastic. He's already proven himself multiple times in regards to survival horror (though IMO Silent Hill 2-4 are all better than 1 and the Siren games he made).

I think Kojima would be a good fit though. His abstract storytelling and emotional narratives are a good fit for SH, provided he reels in his signature quirk/comedy touches. His games also tend to have pretty great presentation and insane budgets, so I'd love to see a truly AAA modern Silent Hill game from him. If the tease is legit, Kojima respects the series enough to bring some of the big names (Masahiro Ito, Akira) that gave the series its identity onboard, not to mention adding new (big name) talent like Junji Ito and Del Toro. I think he'd do it the series justice.

He also gave this quote way back when in regards to Silent Hills that won me over:

Kojima said that he's aware that if a game is too scary, players can be turned off. Unlike horror movies and scary amusement park rides, players won't simply close their eyes and wait for the scares to be over; they'll simply stop playing.

"So be it. We don't care," Kojima said. "We are aiming for a game that will make you shit your pants.
It's been so long since I've had a horror game shake me so hard I had to stop playing. Him bringing in all that japanese horror talent and a renowned american horror director while going all in on scare factor just sounds like a dream.

Aggelos

Guys, there's also another thing. Capcom Develpment Division 1 over there in Osaka (right smack in Capcom's Headquarters) is in lack of good directors and creative leaders.
Division 1 has been headed by Jun Takeuchi since 2012. They're in charge of developing RE games, DMC5 and other projects that might fall under this category.

vi.png

They are the successors of the legendary Osaka-based Capcom Production Studio 4.
Division 1‏‎ is a Capcom production studio, and is the main studio responsible for Resident Evil games development. It took over from Capcom Production Studio 4 when Capcom began re-developing its studio structure.

Code:
https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Division_1

Hideaki Itsuno was quite busy working on Devil May Cry 5.

Two RE veterans, Yasuhiro Anpo and Kazunori Kadoi, worked as directors for RE2Remake

Koshi Nakanishi, the director of RE Revelations and RE7, is probably working on something else.

When RE3 Remake was officially announced in December 2019, surely one of the many questions was "Who's the director?"
Only recently they announced Sakata Kiyohiko (坂田聖彦 ) as the director of RE 3 Remake.
364068.jpg

The Wonderful 101 (2013)(Game Programming)
Anarchy Reigns (2012)(System Programmer)
Vanquish (2010)(Lead Programmer)
God Hand (2006)(Lead Programmer)
Resident Evil 4 (2005)(Lead Coder)
Devil May Cry (2001)(Software Engineering - System Program)
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999)(Program Chief)
Resident Evil 2 (1998)(Scenario Program)
Resident Evil: Director's Cut (1997)(Event Programmer)
Resident Evil (1996)(Event Programmer)

Something that many people didn't notice in the Japanese interviews with the dev team is that .... Sakata Kiyohiko is employed by and represents Leadworks LLC (株式会社レッドワークス ). Yes, he's NOT a Capcom employee. What a surprise indeed!

He left Capcom when Clover Studio was shut down and went along with others to Platinum Games. But he left Platinum Games afterwards, as well.

Thus, for the upcoming RE 3 REmake, there's an outside partnership with somebody who is an old RE veteran, on one hand, but on the other hand, he left Capcom back in 2006.
Why would somebody outside the company be brought in to assume the position of creative leader for RE 3 Remake?
Because they don't have anybody on the inside who would come forward and stand up to the role of the director.
Maybe the huge expectations from fans, force/forced new people inside Capcom to buckle under the pressure of the directorial role

So back to the Dino Crisis topic.
Who do you think could direct and be the creative leader for a potential Dino Crisis reboot?

Takumi Shu, even though still a Capcom employee, is done with Dino Crisis. He "abandoned" the series long ago in 2000.

Shinji Mikami left Capcom in 2006, when Clover Studio was dissolved. He has his own company to worry about, Tango Gameworks

I don't think there's any director on the inside, who could pull it off. And it seems that younger talents in Capcom don't assume directorial roles.
Maybe there aren't any emerging directors inside Capcom Dev Division 1.

Last edited:

ExpandKong

Banned
I liked the weirdness of Code Veronica, a remake could really make that game shine but yeah...maybe take some time to crank out another Revelations or something.

I think Kojima would be a good fit though. His abstract storytelling

Joke post, Kojima’s storytelling is as subtle as a pillowcase full of hammers hurled directly at your scrotum

Top Bottom