• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you know the Konami Code?

PLEASE DO NOT POST THE KONAMI CODE IN THIS THREAD!

Last night I idly wondered if nowadays it was possible to be a gamer yet not know the Konami Code. It seems impossible to an old fogey like me, but I suppose some younger gamers might be ignorant of their roots.... So, do you know the Konami Code? A simple yes/no and the name of your favorite game to use the code will do.

PLEASE DO NOT POST THE KONAMI CODE IN THIS THREAD!

Mason said:
Yes, everyone knows it. It's on t-shirts at Hot Topic for crying out loud.

Yeah, but there hasn't been a game that uses it for years and years, when it used to be in a new title every month. Also, I've never seen a Hot Topic! (well, that's a lie ... but I hadn't until this May, struth)

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Yes, somehow I still remember it. I used to use it all the time in the TMNT games for skipping levels and whatnot.

My favorite is Life Force, btw. I was reminded because I was in Wanpaku yesterday and they had Gradius set up on the Famicom ... walked over, paused it, put the code in, and went to town like it was 1988.

Dujour

Banned
JackFrost2012 said:
Yeah, but there hasn't been a game that uses it for years and years, when it used to be in a new title every month. Also, I've never seen a Hot Topic! (well, that's a lie ... but I hadn't until this May, struth)

Zone of the Enders 2, 2nd Runner
Remember the blood code for the Genesis Mortal Kombat? I do :D

IJoel

I know it.

Anyone remembers Sub Zero's spinal rip fatality? It used to be my favorite and I still remember it.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
yes. but i only use it when i'm playing co-op with someone inept. the konami code is part of our gaming heritage, but i hate the belief that classic konami games are unplayable without it.

Miguel

Konami code...

and the SNES version of Street Fighter 2 code (I dunno if that's the "Capcom" code) or just a random code thrown in for SF2.

Oh, uh

"a simple yes"

Dilbert

Actually, I honestly do not know the code. My first videogame system (if you don't count PCs or a loaned Intellivision from my aunt) was a Sega Master System, followed by a Sega Genesis, a Playstation, and a Playstation 2. The first Nintendo system I ever owned...I bought last week. (GBA SP.) A couple of friends had an NES, but I didn't play at their houses very often.

So, yeah...I don't know the code.

Dez

Murphmanstudios said:
ABACADABA (MK)...

But yeah, the Konami code rules! They hsould have translated it to this gen (and last gen)

That's not the code.. there was no D on the genesis pad..

it was ABACABB iirc.. but that could be wrong too.

Does anybody remember all of the versions of the Konami code?

MUWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok. My favorite was the SNES SF2 code for CE colors. The best rumor ever was that if you entered the code backwards, it would unlike the full Championship Edition, so you could play as the bosses. I swear, everybody knew somebody that did it and worked, yet no one could ever repeat the success.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I remember the code, and I remember all variations (up to the SNES) of the code. I still try variations of the code on every Konami game I play to this day, BTW. Force of habit.

pixelated

yes Lifeforce and back in the day even with the code still couldnt beat it, but now its a piece of cake

now i'm playing Salamander on TG16

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
It always confuses me when knowing a cheat code is considered 'hardcore'. Surely the most hardcore of gamers never needed to know the Konami Code?

RiZ III

wait did Konami make the Aladin game on genesis cause I remember there being an Abaccablahblahblah code for it. If not, then I have no clue what u guys are talking about.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yup it will never leave my brain for as long as I live... also the Super Mario Bros music from 1-1 and 1-2 and all the castle, as well as, the first Zelda overworld music... (where is Link when you need him)

john tv

I remember!

Always hate it when people feel the need to add
"Select"
, or do the
"B, A"
part twice instead of once. Get it right!

john tv said:
I remember!

Always hate it when people feel the need to add
"Select"
, or do the
"B, A"
part twice instead of once. Get it right!

Agreed. Esp if you tell them that
"Select"
isn't part of the code, they start telling you how you didn't have any friends as a child. WHATEVA!

kamikaze

yes, of course...

...though i can't say i remember how i learned it. i probably heard about it from a friend in...1988? how did information get around in those pre-internet days? ;)

Top Bottom