• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you still say "retard" or "retarded" in conversation?

buizel

Banned
Does autism fall under this? I have a few friends who have autism, and I call them retarded when theyre acting retarded just like I call anyone else it. I also have a mild condition that could be classified as retarded.

I imagine they'd find it weird if I started purposely avoided using the word around them because it's such a common word used amongst our friend groups/families.

I wonder if I'll get some backlash for this, even though these are my friends I've had for over 7 years and would defend me saying this, because I've never 'gone off on one' actually being mean-spirited to them.

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

I say "Spastic" I'd never call a handicapped person a Spastic, but I'm not changing my language on the off chance I am going to offend someone. Anyone harmed by a word that doesn't describe them, is a complete c-word, and needs to open an account at Reeeeeeeeeesetera

Top Bottom