• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think you could have beaten Elon Musk in Quake?

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
Billionaire and omnipresent main character Elon Musk has declared he was once one of the best Quake players in the world, to the tune of winning money for his skills. This obviously sounds like the kind of thing your mate would say after their third pint, but the revelation came during an interview with podcaster Lex Fridman during which Musk was expansive on his wider gaming habits, and particularly his Diablo 4 druid's inability to beat Lilith.

JtY7517.jpg

who owned up to not being proficient at english a few posts earlier.
I bet this proves he doesn't know how to play Quake. :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:🤡🤡🤡

"Other forum members", lmao. There's 2 of you over here, who know nothing about Quake, its pro scene, and its history, and can't comprehend written text.
So, Fatal1ty was not a winner in many quake tournaments prior to 2006? Is this a historical lie we were taught in schools? Or his prizes are not valid because he lost a duel in Monopoly recently?
Don't pretend there's a legion of you, moron.
Javier Bardem Lol GIF by James Bond 007

Next time you wanna challenge someone who's been part of the Quake community for over 20 years, on their opinions on pro players, some of whom he knows personally, bring something else other than "HURR DURR YUO DON NO WAT YOU TALKIN BOUT" and "MUH RONALDINHO".
Take a step back and re-evaluate what you're actually trying to prove here.
But you aren't a pro player. You are an anonymous forum member bombarding us with nonsense. Why should we believe you?

Last edited:
I bet this proves he doesn't know how to play Quake.
A dog can learn how to play Quake. The problem with you two is reading comprehension.
So, Fatal1ty was not a winner in many quake tournaments prior to 2006?
Who the fuck said that? Who are you talking to?
But you aren't a pro player.
Neither is Elon Musk. Having played against actual pro players before, I'm pretty confident I'd beat him.
Why should we believe you?
Jeez, just grow a pair and challenge me to a bo3 if you're so concerned.
Would be one thing you said in this entire thread that's not a waste of time.
And since I'm not Fatality, I won't be dodging that.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Wow this thread is hilarious.

As for Quake, maybe, I don't know. I was never that great at Quake 3, which is the only one I played online. Could never quite get the timing of the rockets down.

Akuji

How adorable of you to seek reassurance from another doofus, who owned up to not being proficient at english a few posts earlier.

"Other forum members", lmao. There's 2 of you over here, who know nothing about Quake, its pro scene, and its history, and can't comprehend written text.
Don't pretend there's a legion of you, moron.
Javier Bardem Lol GIF by James Bond 007

Next time you wanna challenge someone who's been part of the Quake community for over 20 years, on their opinions on pro players, some of whom he knows personally, bring something else other than "HURR DURR YUO DON NO WAT YOU TALKIN BOUT" and "MUH RONALDINHO".
Take a step back and re-evaluate what you're actually trying to prove here.

well either u or i a
A dog can learn how to play Quake. The problem with you two is reading comprehension.

Who the fuck said that? Who are you talking to?

Neither is Elon Musk. Having played against actual pro players before, I'm pretty confident I'd beat him.

If your trolling please keep doing it. Its pretty funny. If not then ....

For the offchance Ur not trolling and dont get the point. Elon stated that at one time ( around when he played regularly against thresh ) he was one of the best players.

This is not i was better then people are today or something else. Also one of the best doesnt mean pro. If there was 1 million players who played quake atleast once then to be at the top 1÷ he can be place 10.000.

This is confirmed with the news post i posted. The news post is from 1999. Its old. And in the post thresh says he plays regularly with musk. So he should be atleast close to the top 1÷ when hes playing with the best Player at that time.

well either u or i a
You ok, bud?
Elon stated that at one time ( around when he played regularly against thresh ) he was one of the best players.
Let's see his demos, then.
So he should be atleast close to the top 1÷ when hes playing with the best Player at that time.
No, it just means the online community was extremely small.
If you jump into Quake Champions right now, and you're half competent, you'll run into a pro at least once a week in matchmaking. In the year of our lord 2023.
How many people were playing Quake online in 1997, over dial-up, for shitton of money, with like 150ms ping, while most people didn't even know what internet is?
That's not top 1% of Quake players. That's top 1% of rich kids.
But whatever, who is this fantasy Elon from 1997 with a full head of lucious hair is getting pitted against here?
Me from 1997? Me from 2003? Me from 2023?
Me from 1997 didn't have a modem.
Me from 2003 would kick his ass.
Me from 2023 would kick his ass even harder.
Which is it?

No one cares about your quake skills. Given that you are so salty about Fatal1ty, he probably stomped you hard back in the day, while he was playing with one hand and feeding his dog with the other one.

Skill issue. Git gud.

You ok, bud?

Let's see his demos, then.

No, it just means the online community was extremely small.
If you jump into Quake Champions right now, and you're half competent, you'll run into a pro at least once a week in matchmaking. In the year of our lord 2023.
How many people were playing Quake online in 1997, over dial-up, for shitton of money, with like 150ms ping, while most people didn't even know what internet is?
That's not top 1% of Quake players. That's top 1% of rich kids.
But whatever, who is this fantasy Elon from 1997 with a full head of lucious hair is getting pitted against here?
Me from 1997? Me from 2003? Me from 2023?
Me from 1997 didn't have a modem.
Me from 2003 would kick his ass.
Me from 2023 would kick his ass even harder.
Which is it?
Do you have any demos I can watch? I don't have a horse in this race but am curious

Top Bottom