• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM and DOOM II updated with add-ons, 60 frames per second support, more; PC version released

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Can anyone confirm if you get the Final Doom levels if you buy either Doom or Doom 2 as i already have the 360 version of Doom 2 so i'd rather buy Doom 1 if i get the extra content.

Cattlyst

The tnt and Plutonia packages are identical in both games right? Doom 2 doesn’t get a super shotgun or d2 enemies right?

Can confirm this is the case. Final Doom levels and enemies are the same as the original Final Doom, regardless if downloaded within Doom or Doom 2. The third new megawad is what differs. In Doom you get Sigil. In Doom 2 you get No Rest for the Living.

nkarafo

I see they are finally keeping up with some of the PC homebrew stuff.

But that's great for console users for sure.

radewagon

Added Weapon Carousel: You no longer need to cycle through every weapon to get to the one you want. Press Previous or Next Weapon to highlight the weapon you want, and it will swap immediately to the selected gun.

This may be man's single greatest achievement.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Can anyone confirm if you get the Final Doom levels if you buy either Doom or Doom 2 as i already have the 360 version of Doom 2 so i'd rather buy Doom 1 if i get the extra content.

yep. As cattlyst mentioned, both doom and doom 2 you can download plutonia and tnt and they are identical in every way no matter which version you play them on.

The difference comes from doom 1 and 2 Each gets its own exclusive map pack with more coming the future

either way you can’t go wrong with either or both of these for $5.

Cattlyst

Another bug I've experienced since this update relates (once again) to the Switch version, and more specifically waking the Switch up when the game is paused. On a couple of occasions I've had to put the game down when pesky 'real life' has called for my attention, and when going back to the game (in this case Doom 2), one of two things has happened:

The game cannot be 'unpaused' meaning the software must be restarted. I thought this had been sorted on Switch but it still happens occasionally.

The game resumes as normal, but after a few minutes, the Doom main menu appears overlaid on the screen and you can't get rid of it. It's like being able to play the 'attract mode' demo that normally plays in the background of the main menu. You can control the cursor with the d-pad but continue to control the game in the background with the analogue. Can't be solved without restarting the software.

Just thought it worth sharing, and like I said, it's happened a few times so saving often is your friend. Anyone else experienced these on Switch?

Top Bottom