• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: The Veilguard Targets 60 FPS on Console, Confirms Performance and Fidelity Mode

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

First, the graphics. Running on the latest iteration of the Frostbite Engine, at least one source told me that The Veilguard targets 60fps. In a subsequent conversation, though, an EA representative said, “Dragon Age: The Veilguard will feature performance and quality modes on consoles to ensure players can choose the visual fidelity they prefer. We’ll have more to share on exact performance as we finish development in the coming months.”

Animated GIF

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Why did they still pick that shit engine? Wasn’t it largely reported during ME:A mess the team struggled to make the engine work, since it was built for Battlefield series?

March Climber

Gold Member
Why did they still pick that shit engine? Wasn’t it largely reported during ME:A mess the team struggled to make the engine work, since it was built for Battlefield series?
IIRC the Mirror’s Edge team and the NFS teams all don’t like frostbite engine’s inflexibility.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
The gameplay video shows PlayStation button prompts. If the game was running on a PS5, that graphics are pretty darn impressive.

Top Bottom