• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super will go on indefinite hiatus after the release of chapter 103

Draugoth

Gold Member

GI0hkMbWQAAhzx-

Last edited:
Good, all of toyotarou's idea's were trash anyway.
Not all, but, still... he's all we have now. It's up to "people in charge" to decide if this is going to continue with him, or not.
More importantly, it's up to the fans if they want to continue digesting what Toyotaro has to serve.
On one hand, I say retire it with one last, grand-final arc, on the other hand, just keep it going and stick to whatever "plan" was in place, with improvisation.

Saber

Gold Member
Thats very sad...but understandable. The guy who writes still consults and get things done by Toryiama. I still dunno how stupid people could dare to say this wasn't work of Akira and neither canon.

NahaNago

I rather like the Moro arc alot. The Granolah stuff was solid but could have been better.
Moro arc was okay until moro became a generic young warrior. The Granolah arc was a bit odd and was it only 2 dragon balls on the planet for wishing? The dragon ball wish was broken. I did like the idea of revenge but it wasn't against the person who actually destroyed your people. It makes me wonder if something like this will happen to the gods of destruction.

I really hope that the story telling becomes a bit more serious and they actually think about the power levels, abilities, and the world building when they finally return.

FeralEcho

Good. Unpopular opinion, but I think Super is trash. You don't need a new form every 5 minutes to tell a good story or show a good fight.
This...I love Dragon Ball and Z and even the tournament of power arc in Super but Super is everything that's wrong with the Dragon Ball i.p. in my opinion.

The feeling of adventure that was present in the original and Z(though to a lesser extent here) is all but gone in Super. It's all just insane power levels that are less and less cohesive as it goes on.

Fbh

Makes sense.
Also Super was ok at first but it has really gone downhill. The latest movie was fun too but it would have probably just gone back to new uninspired villains and Goku getting a new transformation every 5 chapters.

I rather like the Moro arc alot. The Granolah stuff was solid but could have been better.

The Moro arc had some interesting ideas but the way it ended was terrible.
The Granolah arc IMO sucked, boring fights and the idea of people just wishing to be the strongest is very lame.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Super was just Toriyama getting a bag from nostalgia. I doubt he gave a fuck and it shows. He just wanted to make model kits and chill.

Remember when they reanimated what the movies covered and it was WORSE? That was a good time.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Super was a nice change I like the battles it’s like the stars wars 2015-2019 you hate or love it, goku’s iq in super is under rated, mid way through super it gets better (zamasu).

Even though I didn't like the Super anime all that much (haven't read the manga), a part of me doesn't want to see Dragon Ball stories stop getting made.

Toriyama's death hit hard, and while his legacy will live on in the Dragon Ball stories we do have, and the influence it's had on our lives, discontinuing the series and never getting any new Dragon Ball stories ever again, it's almost like seeing him pass a second time. I can see both sides though.

On the one hand, I'm all for Toyotaro picking up the mantle since Toriyama picked him. I want this new generation to be able to experience Dragon Ball for as long as they can, just like we did when we were growing up. On the other, it is Toriyama's brainchild, so you could argue it would be more respectful to leave it to rest.

RavageX

I feel that if the original creator is gone, work should be completed if they left an idea of how it was supposed to end.

Otherwise i dont want to see any further works.

I stopped with Dragonball after Z, i have no interest in any others. Too many transformations and all that jazz for me.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
I feel that if the original creator is gone, work should be completed if they left an idea of how it was supposed to end.

Otherwise i dont want to see any further works.

I stopped with Dragonball after Z, i have no interest in any others. Too many transformations and all that jazz for me.
Ultra Ego is kinda cool looking. Also Black Frieza is bad ass

Codes 208

Did it get better after the anime? The Jiren fight was quite nice, but as a whole I found it lame.
I’d say yes. The Moro and Granolah arcs are easily the best we got out of super (aside from the dbs broly movie)

They both even have character development we rarely see in the series (moro arc is kind of vegeta’s redemption arc for all the terrible things he did on Namek, and in the Granolah arc Goku comes to terms with his origins as he learns that his father was actually a pretty decent guy)

K' Dash

The best part about Super was discussing with friends and other people and dissecting each episode, it was amazing. Here in LATAM we would do watch parties with hundreds of people. I loved every second of it.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I just read chapter 103 and it was fucking glorious.

That ending felt like a clear hint towards EOZ in the next issue.

I don’t think it will be too long of a break.

We got some fights in this chapter we’ve been discussing in the fanbase for decades.

Beast Gohan vs MUI Goku

Beast Gohan vs SSJ BROLY

All out fight: Vegeta vs Gohan vs Broly vs Goku

Universe 7 is STACKED lol

This shit needs to be animated. It will be legendary.

RIP Toriyama. Gonna be a long wait to see what happens next.

Last edited:

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Honestly the fact that we are still in the 10 years gap between Buu and Uub make it easier to accept that Dragon ball will be stopped there. We already have the ending. Let it rest in peace.

Represent.

Honestly the fact that we are still in the 10 years gap between Buu and Uub make it easier to accept that Dragon ball will be stopped there. We already have the ending. Let it rest in peace.
It definitely will not be stopped there (besides the fact that it generates way too much money), theres way too many unanswered questions. Still have Black Frieza to deal with. That could be the final villain.

Last edited:

DonJimbo

Good to hear that
DBSuper was and is Trash
A Real abomination to the Masterpieces that Z and the Original were and still are
GT was even better than Super even its not Canon

YCoCg

Actually, this. I want to see Super Sayan Pan!
I don't get how you can be a fan of Pan and want a sequel to GT, she was turned into a whining annoyance and side lined for most of it, at least Super has put effort into her being a character who enjoys fighting, go watch Super Hero and her training scene with Piccolo, now THAT Pan is the one who can get to Super Saiyan.

Represent.

Good to hear that
DBSuper was and is Trash
A Real abomination to the Masterpieces that Z and the Original were and still are
GT was even better than Super even its not Canon
Anime only watcher? Super Manga is galaxies better than GT. Moro and Granola arcs are way better than anything in GT. Ultra Instinct is way better than anything in GT. Not to mention way more iconic (already)

Black Frieza if done right could be the best thing since Z.
Just read the last chapter. Good fights and sudden power ups. We still need to see what happens with black frieza!
ya thats gonna be something else. could really be the final villain

Last edited:
Top Bottom