• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr Akira Toriyama has passed away , aged 68 - Dragon Ball , Dr Slump , Sand Land

zokie

official press release from weekly shounen jump

thank you animenewsnetwork as always

thank you ToriyamaArts twitter account

good article from soranews24

:messenger_loudly_crying: there are no earth dragon balls to revive Toriyama sensei :messenger_loudly_crying:

Edit : Please feel free to combine the threads or move into gaming , shall respect any decisions made by the moderating team :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

Needlecrash

This fucking sucks. With Sand Land and and his new Dragon Ball successor coming, I figured he was still in good health. Fucking sucks man.

dragon ball z GIF

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
I think this is the first creator I am honestly and truly heartbroken to learn of their passing.

Toriyama was a massive part of my childhood, from Dragon Quest and Chrono Trigger to, obviously, Dragon Ball. His works have inspired millions and will continue to inspire them for centuries to come.

Rest in Peace, Toriyama.

TheMan

This man created some of the most iconic characters and stories of all time. He will be sorely missed, but he’ll live on through his wonderful works

Codes 208

I think this is the first creator I am honestly and truly heartbroken to learn of their passing.

Toriyama was a massive part of my childhood, from Dragon Quest and Chrono Trigger to, obviously, Dragon Ball. His works have inspired millions and will continue to inspire them for centuries to come.

Rest in Peace, Toriyama.
Dragon ball wasnt just my childhood, it DEFINED it. I vividly remember going home after school, drudging thru the gi joe show before toonami’s afternoon syndication.

We lost a legend

fuck... this one hurts. I remember reading the original Dragon Balls. child Goku going on adventures and getting into shenanigans with the gang. DBZ went into full battle manga but the original DB was one of the best adventure manga and I always love it over DBZ. 68 is too young and the world lost a great talent. RIP you silly robot with back pain.

Blade2.0

Man, the manga business seems to fuck these people up. They should really relax their release dates. I feel like they all go way early.

Power Pro

This fucking sucks :messenger_loudly_crying: 68 is too young. Such a great artist. His art has been iconic and some of my favorite through my life.

0neAnd0nly

I... Don't know what to say.

The older I get, the more the things I love leave me in some form or another. Natural I suppose, but still shocking always. A large portion of my childhood feels like it's riding away on a nimbus cloud now.

RIP to one of the most influential artist in my life, personally. A great deal of memories from my past and present revolve around his greatest known IP.

Top Bottom