• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
The stat variation in SS items is huge.

I had 2 level 37 shields drop. One had 303 defense while the other had 220. Both from the same boss and had the same name and art.

garath

Lol I was in a ton of those with you!

I remember the name cuz you kept popping up

Haha awesome. Guess the playerbase is still pretty slim to keep running into the same guys over and over. :)

Good call on the 2 item slots. I did the same thing at Fortress. I was finally able to clear it by using a dual healer build.
I accepted your request. (I'm a AOE Mage).

Thanks! Actually using you and a dual healer party for the orange middle level in the Fortress. We'll see how it goes.

edit: uh. Smoked it. Holy crap. Dual healer OP? Even though one of my healers is only an A rank, it went smoothly. Guess I should give him some gear lol.

I love clearing Dark Fortress
And then crashing on the Cutscenes

What phone do you have?

Ive been playing on my S3 over LTE and havent had a single issue. Its buttery smooth for the most part

Seems like a really lightweght and well optimized game from what I have seen

antitrop

This game makes a pretty decent third wheel to Brave Frontier and FF: Record Keeper.

The UI is a real disaster, though.

garath

Wow. These last two fortress missions are no joke. Even with a revive in the middle and dual healers it's just not happening. Hmm. Guess I grind a little to level up and wait for a high level friend to show up on rotation again (I was using a level 20 friend lol)

Wow. These last two fortress missions are no joke. Even with a revive in the middle and dual healers it's just not happening. Hmm. Guess I grind a little to level up and wait for a high level friend to show up on rotation again (I was using a level 20 friend lol)

Took me forever!

Still stuck on the last boss cause its absolutely insane

The Level before him I used a LVL 28 cleric friend supporter and a revive scroll

Didnt summon the friend till i had no choice

The final boss though....... Ugh! I think I made a mistake leaving it on Auto so long. I need to use my skills for that fight

Kitoro

The naming restrictions have made me give up on this game. Can't even make it past the character creation.

Honestly, that's one of my favorite features. You don't need to worry about stupid long friend codes to add or invite people, or identify them in chat rooms.

I'm sure you can think of a nice unique name to use and get on with. Don't miss out on a great mobile RPG because of a name.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Go to channel 1 and ask for a high level to help you out. You should be able to find a 45-50 I no time.

On the final level do not use your helper until after you beat the final boss the first time. Otherwise the 30 second cut scene before the final phase will eat up your friend time.

Most are lvl 30+ by the time they beat that guy.

Go to channel 1 and ask for a high level to help you out. You should be able to find a 45-50 I no time.

On the final level do not use your helper until after you beat the final boss the first time. Otherwise the 30 second cut scene before the final phase will eat up your friend time.

Most are lvl 30+ by the time they beat that guy.

28 and I thought I had won..... until you know what happens

I beat him with at 28 with a lot of item enhancing, revival scrolls, and a healer helper... And a bit of luck.

In other news. Deathcrown hates me. He won't drop anything I want.

I beat him with at 28 with a lot of item enhancing, revival scrolls, and a healer helper... And a bit of luck.

In other news. Deathcrown hates me. He won't drop anything I want.

I probably could have won if I didnt do the majority of the fight in auto battle

Lots of wasted attacks that the AI doesn't account for so you have to do it

I probably could have won if I didnt do the majority of the fight in auto battle

Lots of wasted attacks that the AI doesn't account for so you have to do it
Oh yeah if you're auto battling then you're screwing yourself. He has a skill that nullifies ALL attacks for 13 seconds. If you're on auto you're just wasting skills.
It's important for a mage not to auto battle too because smart use of your spells (ie: using fire burst only when he has a good number on fire seals stacked) make a huge difference.

sensui-tomo

28 and I thought I had won..... until you know what happens

62410594.jpg

dont worry, i felt this way too.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Its sucked because my friend summon was back but I couldnt use it cause dumbass was filling the spot

I really needed those heals

You can still use friend summon while that guy is helping. I always use my friend summon on the final phase.

Your friend probably got killed when you summoned it the first time, so it was unable to be used again.

sensui-tomo

Only reason i won was because, level 27 and giving all my good SS rank weapons to S rank people... now farming equipment for my 3 SS characters, Archer, Dual swordsman, assassin.

Had a really hard time finding someone in this thread that still had referral slots so feel free to use (and friend afterwards) my character: Igniss.

Any news on the guild? Is there a second one?

garath

Well that was a lot easier than I expected. Did the last stage first try. No special helper either. Just a level 27 archer. Used a couple revival scrolls and a couple hp scrolls but totally worth it.

Double healer really is the way to go. I can almost sustain through anything. I can only imagine if it was two SS healers instead of one S and one A.

How bad is the deathcrown raid? Should I even try it at level 28?

edit: nope. Level 30 min for deathcrown raid lol.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Well that was a lot easier than I expected. Did the last stage first try. No special helper either. Just a level 27 archer. Used a couple revival scrolls and a couple hp scrolls but totally worth it.

Double healer really is the way to go. I can almost sustain through anything. I can only imagine if it was two SS healers instead of one S and one A.

The raid is easier than the battle you just won.

I just combined and got an Awesome S healer

Gonna try that and fill my helper slot with a decent Tank or DPS

Should be able to take the final boss down soon

garath

I just combined and got an Awesome S healer

Gonna try that and fill my helper slot with a decent Tank or DPS

Should be able to take the final boss down soon

Yeah. that second healer is awesome. It's a little slower for normal questing but much safer.

My party was:

Me (28 rogue)
S healer (with party heal and revive)
A healer (with single target heal and curse removal)
S+2 mage
S warrior (has taunt and all SS rank items)

Yeah. that second healer is awesome. It's a little slower for normal questing but much safer.

My party was:

Me (28 rogue)
S healer (with party heal and revive)
A healer (with single target heal and curse removal)
S+2 mage
S warrior (has taunt and all SS rank items)

Just beat it!

S Healer
A Healer
A Mage
S Warrior

Skin of my teeth victory

draw4wild

I'm on castle entrance at the moment.

My main problem is I never use my best team but always have B and C ranks in grinding for rapport so I have more trouble then I should. Once I beat normal I plan to run through all the gems I have accumulated with summons

Even when I Stop getting gems from rapport, the game gives you 59 gems/week through daily and weekly quests, plus figure at least 30 each from arena and labyrinth for top 20% which is easy to crack. 120 gems/week is enough for me I think

Dreavus

I'm starting to get majorly outlevelled by enemies. They're sitting at 25-26 and I'm only 22.

Whats the best spot for EXP? Is it just the highest story mission I can handle?

garath

I'm on castle entrance at the moment.

My main problem is I never use my best team but always have B and C ranks in grinding for rapport so I have more trouble then I should. Once I beat normal I plan to run through all the gems I have accumulated with summons

Even when I Stop getting gems from rapport, the game gives you 59 gems/week through daily and weekly quests, plus figure at least 30 each from arena and labyrinth for top 20% which is easy to crack. 120 gems/week is enough for me I think

Plus login bonuses if you're logging in from day 1 of the month. That's another 38 rubies a month along with a few premium ally tickets.

The only thing I'm wondering would be if they did like a rate up event. Might be worth saving a chunk of rubies for something like that. I'm going to try and stay around 300 I think just in case.

garath

Man. These constant disconnects are really trying.

edit: Got one S ally maxed, working on the second. He's +3 now. Soooo close to combining for my first SS. Just need the monies. Probably should have spent all that time raiding in the Labyrinth instead.

garath

Same question. What's the best way to level?

It honestly looks like the best way to level is to just keep progressing the story. I was getting 20k xp for battles in normal, now I get 40k+ in hero for easier fights. I did a little grinding on a map with little to no AoE when I was building up rapport on un-leveled allies but the xp I got for that was very small in comparison to the later levels.

KimChi

I'm starting to get majorly outlevelled by enemies. They're sitting at 25-26 and I'm only 22.

Whats the best spot for EXP? Is it just the highest story mission I can handle?

Yup, if your struggling on a battle grind out a previous story mission since they give you the most exp out of anything else.
Got lucky with a couple premium ally summon and got a SS healer with group heal and revive, so nice having a decent healer finally.

garath

Yup, if your struggling on a battle grind out a previous story mission since they give you the most exp out of anything else.
Got lucky with a couple premium ally summon and got a SS healer with group heal and revive, so nice having a decent healer finally.

Kimchi. You need to go back to chain chronicle and finish leveling your nimpha. :)

KimChi

Kimchi. You need to go back to chain chronicle and finish leveling your nimpha. :)

Ah, I want to but I lost access to my chain chronicle account and that one piece mobile game :(
Out of nowhere the games wouldn't let me play anymore and support wasn't helpful for either game so i just stopped playing them. I had some nonsense error saying I wasn't the proper owner of the account or something.

garath

Hot damn, getting my ass whooped by the Dark Fortress boss
Any tips?

There's some good info on this page. I just beat it myself. Double healer and a solid tank make a big difference. Also worth an investment in another item slot and take revival scrolls and heal scrolls.

Ah, I want to but I lost access to my chain chronicle account and that one piece mobile game :(
Out of nowhere the games wouldn't let me play anymore and support wasn't helpful for either game so i just stopped playing them. I had some nonsense error saying I wasn't the proper owner of the account or something.

That really sucks :(

There's some good info on this page. I just beat it myself. Double healer and a solid tank make a big difference. Also worth an investment in another item slot and take revival scrolls and heal scrolls.

That really sucks :(
Just some random error, second time around his ass got sent to the moon
Also, if I'm lucky, I could hit an SSS by end of next week

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Just some random error, second time around his ass got sent to the moon
Also, if I'm lucky, I could hit an SSS by end of next week

Just remember it is better to have an entire team of SS than one SSS and a bunch of S.

An even team fairs better in this game so it might not be wise to dump all your SS unless you have duplicates or useless SS to spare.

Having a solid team makes all the difference. So does gear and enhancing.

Thats a flat 50 percent increase in performance.

Hell most of my S characters are just now reaching their potential over the A's now that they are geared and slightly enhanced.

Plus the abilities matter. For example I have an A Dark marble mage and her S rank counterpart but the ability set makes the A rank version far more deadly while the S version is more of a support role.

Im sure this all changes in SS since they get a larger ability pool but yeah its important to have the right combination of abilities as well as keeping your A team around until the newcomers get up to speed.

garath

Woo! I have combined to create my first SS rank. I'm a little disappointed though. It is an arcane mage. Would have really loved a healer. Oh well. Still better than nothing. Time to work on two more S ranks to combine.

Money is definitely the gate right now. I can get about 4500 a run from the labyrinth but that's kind of time consuming and that's tickets I'm not using to raid.

Edit: 514 rubies now. I've already spent like 600 on summons and another 100 on item slot. What to spend it on next... Amazing to think how few rubies you get for real money.

Top Bottom