• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: The Dark Prince Announced | Nintendo Direct

Is this a single player game?
I ask because I previously enjoyed the DS DQM 1 and 2, but then too much of the content is locked behind multiplayer content. If i can get all the content without multiplayer, I might consider getting a Switch for this.

KXVXII9X

Finally! It has been over a decade (anywhere but Japan) I loved this series on the Nintendo DS and enjoyed it more than Pokémon at the time.

Vandole

Is this a single player game?
I ask because I previously enjoyed the DS DQM 1 and 2, but then too much of the content is locked behind multiplayer content. If i can get all the content without multiplayer, I might consider getting a Switch for this.
It was a fully single player experience during the DQM: Joker games on the DS and the 3DS, if I remember correctly. I always played it by myself and never had a problem accessing anything.

Unless they change it to have some online features, I think you're going to be good.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
According to the Japanese site, there are 500 monsters. I just hope there aren't too many pallet swaps like in the jokers

KXVXII9X

Is it comparable? Do you decide what to feed them and how to train them and affect their stats?
It definitely has some similarities, but it has a lot of differences though. Both are turn based and you can train to raise stats and teach new moves. It is slightly different in that you get stronger monsters by fusing at a certain point like in Shin Megami Tensei and Persona. I only played the DS version but it was open world-ish and had more exploration than the Pokémon games at that time. I do remember the Joker games having gym like challenges though. You also had a starter that evolved throughout the game. I think the best part is the battle are 3v3 and relies a lot on buffs and debuffs and team compositions.

Top Bottom