• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest X |OT| Import Solution Found

Aeana

Yeah, game is great on the PC, and the setup w/ Amazon Web service thing is pretty slick. Speaking of which that's only free for a year, I need to cancel that since I'm probably not coming back for this update...

Aww, sorry to hear that. Another one of my friends isn't coming back either, and has gone on long rants about how much he doesn't like the game. I think I've done myself a favor by not playing for very extended periods, but then again at the same time, I'm really behind and I haven't seen a lot of new content as it's been added, which is one of the fun parts of MMOs. Either way, I think I'm gonna try to push it all the way through 3.0 this go around. I hope at least some people come back.

muu

Aww, sorry to hear that. Another one of my friends isn't coming back either, and has gone on long rants about how much he doesn't like the game. I think I've done myself a favor by not playing for very extended periods, but then again at the same time, I'm really behind and I haven't seen a lot of new content as it's been added, which is one of the fun parts of MMOs. Either way, I think I'm gonna try to push it all the way through 3.0 this go around. I hope at least some people come back.

I liked the game plenty, but logistics of playing consistently is more of a challenge with kids and such.

I did get sucked into one of those terrible mobage gacha RPGs. Granblue Fantasy, in many ways it plays like a mmo-lite (with many subtle things reminiscent of FF11) for the phone. I prefer the "grind" on this game more due to the sheer convenience (this is the big one really), and the fact that it consists of endlessly fighting bosses vs running into red triceratops. It'd be an economical game if I wasn't tempted to pull the REM so often.

Aeana

Can you get download version of the expansion from Amazon JP using a US credit card?

I answered you on IRC, but since you pinged out right afterward, I assume you didn't see it. The answer is yes. You just need to put in a Japanese billing address. Which address you use seems to relate directly to what kind of verification process they put you through. Last time, I used a hotel address and they made me wait 30 minutes to verify. This time, I used Gromph's address and it was immediate.

Sinople

So it looks like the expansion is pretty light on contents: story done in less than 10 hours, no new continent, recycled monsters, sugoroku limited to 1 play per week...
That's disappointing. I guess the release was rushed just to be in time for GW :(

Aeana

So it looks like the expansion is pretty light on contents: story done in less than 10 hours, no new continent, recycled monsters, sugoroku limited to 1 play per week...
That's disappointing. I guess the release was rushed just to be in time for GW :(

Lack of new continent is surprising/disappointing, but they'll be adding story in every update just like they were doing for 2.0.

Sinople

Oh, I'm sure of that. But right now it's more like an update, albeit a relatively meaty one, and not a real expansion like what Version 2 was at release.
I've heard a couple of long-time players say they're really disappointed because they were planing to spend the GW with the game but only played for 1 or 2 days.

I don't really care myself though, by the time I'm done with V2, V3 will probably be at a well advanced stage.

zlatko

Banned
I'm sure this has been asked before, but rather than sifting:

Has NoA stated the Wii U version will or will not be coming to North America? It feels like this was announced forever ago, and now that I'm about to be a Wii U owner I'm more excited to possibly have this game be available in the USA since I'm a huge fan of FFXI back in the day.

zlatko

Banned
They've never talked about it either way. It's most likely not coming at this point.

What a shame. :( I was going to get my hopes up for this year's E3 being where they confirm a date, but looks like import is the only way to get in on this.

Kanann

gdffvLy.jpg

team level 45

Gloam

Is Amazon Web Services still the way to go for VPN?

I had an IPvanish subscription that lapsed some time ago. Was hoping to jump back in and am wondering if there is a cheaper solution as IPvanish was fairly expensive.

Aeana

Is Amazon Web Services still the way to go for VPN?

I had an IPvanish subscription that lapsed some time ago. Was hoping to jump back in and am wondering if there is a cheaper solution as IPvanish was fairly expensive.

Yes, AWS works really well. Free for a year, and then extremely cheap afterward.

So, I'm getting into the PC version and have a few questions - I'm downloading the demo right now but am looking at the next steps.
- buy the digital game through Amazon JP.
- Would the VPN (DNS really) unblock.us service I use for Netflix work with this ? I can set it to Japan, obviously.
- I assume the way to go is to get the All in One Package and if I like what I see, purchase ver. 3 / the いにしえの竜の伝承 expansion down the road ?
- Subs can still be paid for through Rakuten, right ?

Gloam

Yes, AWS works really well. Free for a year, and then extremely cheap afterward.

Do I need to use the security token to ensure I don't have to change my password each login when using Amazon WS? I remember Soft Ether had issues with IP addresses changing. Had some trouble with the security token before so am curious about the ins and outs of AWS. Any clarification would be appreciated greatly.

Aeana

Do I need to use the security token to ensure I don't have to change my password each login when using Amazon WS? I remember Soft Ether had issues with IP addresses changing. Had some trouble with the security token before so am curious about the ins and outs of AWS. Any clarification would be appreciated greatly.

Your AWS IP will not change if you leave the machine running. And for the first year, you have enough free credit each month to run a single machine for the whole month, so there's no reason not to just leave it going.

I believe there is also a wayt o lock your IP so it doesn't change even if you restart it. I read about it briefly but didn't go in depth.

Aeana

So, I'm getting into the PC version and have a few questions - I'm downloading the demo right now but am looking at the next steps.
- buy the digital game through Amazon JP.
- Would the VPN (DNS really) unblock.us service I use for Netflix work with this ? I can set it to Japan, obviously.
- I assume the way to go is to get the All in One Package and if I like what I see, purchase ver. 3 / the いにしえの竜の伝承 expansion down the road ?
- Subs can still be paid for through Rakuten, right ?

Not sure if you can use unblock.us for this, it's worth a shot. But there is a free VPN option, just follow this guide intended for PSO2 and the only difference for DQ10 is the name of the executables you add to the proxifier: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220299

Gloam

Your AWS IP will not change if you leave the machine running. And for the first year, you have enough free credit each month to run a single machine for the whole month, so there's no reason not to just leave it going.

I believe there is also a wayt o lock your IP so it doesn't change even if you restart it. I read about it briefly but didn't go in depth.

Thanks, I'll give it a go. Nothing ventured, nothing gained I guess.

Caim

Played this on the Wii for a little bit when it came out. Thinking about coming back and playing it on PC instead.

Obviously, I had to give this a shot in the middle of maintenance and before a business trip lol.

Not sure if you can use unblock.us for this, it's worth a shot. But there is a free VPN option, just follow this guide intended for PSO2 and the only difference for DQ10 is the name of the executables you add to the proxifier: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220299
Thanks, I ran into that Amazon option among the wealth of resources on woodus and I'll give it a shot if unblock fails, I'll just have to take some time to set it up.

Reknoc

Bought the game last weekend and have been playing it fairly regularly.

Hit level 29 but I'm only like, 4k away from 30 on my warrior, got my floating segway, and the ability to change classes. Story wise I've done the stuff in Glenn so that's ogre and done with, and I've popped to the elf town to do that. Done the summer event stuff that was fu... an event.

Really enjoying the game so far, feels like a good in between to something like say FFXIV and FFXI. It's not super themeparky as it's not just "go here and get bombarded by a billion exclamation marks" but seems more guided than a sandbox game.

edit: Character deets if anyone feels like adding me

あゆ
TZ333-297

Shouta

Started up again today. I used up like 300 or more Lotto tickets and got about 700k worth of stuff to sell. I upgraded my Fan, did skill level upgrades all the way to 150, and did a ton of games of Sugoroku getting myself a bunch of accessories to fuse. I got a battle choker with all +3 attack giving me +16 from it and a Set Ankh from Brooch pieces. Pretty productive day back.

Fan AOE with Max Tension is kinda nuts. Ageha is doing 1100-1200 easy while Pink Typhoon and the other Charge one are doing 1400-1500 and 2100-2200 respectively it seems. It makes my Martial Artist way more useful as a damage dealer. I adjusted all my skills to hit 150 with Fan and still keep Cyclone Upper for Claw. I gave up a little bit in stats, mostly agility for it but well worth it.

Definitely gonna start working on the story and making more money so I can get more serious upgrades.

kunonabi

It turns out I'm going to be getting a Japanese Wii U and I was wondering if there are any particular challenges to playing it on the Wii U over a Japanese Wii? I'll have both and I already have a copy of X for the Wii.

Phanir

Neo Member
Possible and cheap.

Note that you're charged for associating an instance with an EIP while the instance itself isn't running (stopped or terminated), but it's $0.005 USD per hour, if I remember correctly. If the instance is on, then you're not charged for the EIP.
AWS still ends up cheaper than most paid VPN services.

Also... hello, all. I usually just lurk the Gundam VS threads, but had to post when I saw I could toss that EIP bit in here. Even if it was figured out in the past few months.

Aeana

Hi Phanir! I had no idea you had an account here. Do you still play?
I really hope I can find the time to go back soon.

Phanir

Neo Member
Yo to you both (and Happy Turkey Day)!

Yep, I still play. Planning on staying for good unless v3.2 onward goes south.

I'm one of... four(?) people that still play in the Dragons Den team? At least it feels that way recently, which is disappointing. Wanted to start burning through my stash of Metal King coins, too.

Aeana

Yo to you both (and Happy Turkey Day)!

Yep, I still play. Planning on staying for good unless v3.2 onward goes south.

I'm one of... four(?) people that still play in the Dragons Den team? At least it feels that way recently, which is disappointing. Wanted to start burning through my stash of Metal King coins, too.

Oh? Who's still playing? I imagine Ashes, Cranberry, and Ayumira are still at it?

Kanann

Dragon Quest X Version 1 now free on Wii U eShop

- free til 31st March
- play online mode free 20 days if you register code before 14th April

Kanann

game still friendly enough for new comers and one who want to make some new characters

ton of end game contents (mainly super bosses)

story version 3.0-3.2 are a little bit harder than DQ standard (harder than 1.x-2.x)

lv cap go to 93
skill now 150 (180 soon)

because of now they're focusing on end game stuffs, playing alone feel more lonely and outcast
I'm kinda burn out and maybe quit soon after version 3 story wrap up

Gloam

game still friendly enough for new comers and one who want to make some new characters

ton of end game contents (mainly super bosses)

story version 3.0-3.2 are a little bit harder than DQ standard (harder than 1.x-2.x)

lv cap go to 93
skill now 150 (180 soon)

because of now they're focusing on end game stuffs, playing alone feel more lonely and outcast
I'm kinda burn out and maybe quit soon after version 3 story wrap up

Is there any word on a fourth expansion pack?

Shouta

No word on a 3rd expansion yet, I think. I'm having fun with the game myself still as I slowly improve my character. It would be nice to get more dungeon-ish content instead of just bosses.

Gloam

No word on a 3rd expansion yet, I think. I'm having fun with the game myself still as I slowly improve my character. It would be nice to get more dungeon-ish content instead of just bosses.

nothing

maybe because ver. 3's story still long way left until the end (now only 3/6 continents revealed)

Oh yeah, I forgot there's only been two expansions.

How are the peripheral activities working out? The school stuff looked a little strange to me.

Kanann

9z1Hfiu.png

going sci-fi now

---------------------------------------------

producer Saito said on GAME Watch "Version 4 will release with PS4 and NX version"
so, 2017

---------------------------------------------

Chinese server open soon

Top Bottom