• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIV3R Tops Down Under Too

[7/1/2004 11:04:42 AM ET]
Following yesterday’s news that its DRIV3R videogame was the top seller in the U.K. market, Atari, Inc. let it be known today that the game has secured the top spot in Australia as well.
According to GFK sales data, DRIV3R, after four days on the market, was number one on both the PlayStation 2 and Xbox charts.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I hope the same isn't true in North America

ge-man

Grizzlyjin said:
I hope the same isn't true in North America

It's too late. The game has been doing good EVERYWHERE.

Atari can truly claim to have the ability to sell shit in a box.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
ge-man said:
It's too late. The game has been doing good EVERYWHERE.

Atari can truly claim to have the ability to sell shit in a box.

Eugh, I was hoping Atari would get seriously burned in North America. I don't think they deserve to make a profit off of DRIV3R...

*runs away*

Trevelyon

Top%2010%20All%20Full%20Priced%20Gam.gif

Top%2010%20Xbox%20Games.gif

What... did Transformers bomb? c'mon Aussies! where is your sense of patriotism?

Melbourne House is a bloomin' national treasuse ffs.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Good lord, DRIV3R, Pokemon, and Shrek 2 all in the top 3?!?! What is wrong with us humans?

gblues

Banned
it's not #1, it's just the top-selling game. It's up against a bunch of kiddie games and licensed shit. Driv3r's just at the top of the shit heap, that's all.

Nathan

B E N K E

It doesn't take much to be number one right now. Nothing else big to compete with. I predict that sales will be reasonable the first month and then die off almost completely.

Top Bottom