• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DualSense controllers currently $50 until Aug. 20th

R6Rider

Gold Member
Not sure if there was a thread on this already, but they are reduced on Amazon, GameStop, Best Buy, and the PS Direct Store.

I already have two extras, but might grab another in a color I don't have.

EDIT: Grabbed a purple one.

Last edited:

JaksGhost

I copped the Midnight Black DualSense for $10 yesterday since I had some Amazon credits. Bought it at 8am and it was delivered by 12pm, got to love modern amenities.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I copped the Midnight Black DualSense for $10 yesterday since I had some Amazon credits. Bought it at 8am and it was delivered by 12pm, got to love modern amenities.
Same. Went with the purple one and it was delivered 2 to 3 hours later. Looks so much better than expected in person than in pics. A nice dark purple.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Same. Went with the purple one and it was delivered 2 to 3 hours later. Looks so much better than expected in person than in pics. I nice dark purple.
breaking bad bullshit GIF

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Dang, this is a solid deal. Might have to get a third controller.

Bry0

So tempted to get a black one to match my dark plates but my 2 white dualsense work perfectly fine

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Picked a purple one up to try out the haptics and trigger stuff on PC in games that support it and to have another wireless controller for just playing co-op games. I'm sure the evangelizing is overblown but I'm hoping it is at least impressive.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Purple is my favorite color, but the shade they use on the controller doesn't look that good to me. Too much blue.
It is a unique take on purple(Galactic Purple). I was debating between black to match my PS5, or purple. Then I watched this video and it made me decide to go with purple.

When I unboxed it I was really happy that it looked better than I expected. The best way I can describe it is that the color and material make it look like purple fondant.
---
Picked a purple one up to try out the haptics and trigger stuff on PC in games that support it and to have another wireless controller for just playing co-op games. I'm sure the evangelizing is overblown but I'm hoping it is at least impressive.
Have you had a chance to try out Astro's Playroom on PS5? It's the best demonstration of the DualSense. Very cool game, too.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Good to know. I'm still on the fence about that black Dualsense I've been thinking about buying. Gives me time to talk myself into it.

Unknown?

It is a unique take on purple(Galactic Purple). I was debating between black to match my PS5, or purple. Then I watched this video and it made me decide to go with purple.

When I unboxed it I was really happy that it looked better than I expected. The best way I can describe it is that the color and material make it look like purple fondant.
---

Have you had a chance to try out Astro's Playroom on PS5? It's the best demonstration of the DualSense. Very cool game, too.

Astro is top tier but I think Ratchet and Returnal do it better.

Mr Hyde

I want the midnight black but these things never go on sale in my country. Would love a black Edge too.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Tempted to get one for PC use even though my DS4 works just fine. It would be more the ergonomics I'd be buying it for.

Shame the Edge is so expensive, that's what I'd really want but I don't want to have to open up something that expensive to swap the battery out.

Of course it's only available on Sony Direct in my country, in theory, because all colors are sold out/unavailable while showing the reduced 49€ price.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Sounds like there going to release a new batch with improved internals so want rid of the old stock. Probably the new version coincides with the slim rumors and comes with that. Won't look different externally just new parts inside like how where at version 2 of the duelsense right now.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
You can never have too many controllers.
Dont tempt me you dog!

I already have so many Xbox controllers and now you monkeys are telling me DualSense controllers are on sale......I dont need another controller, I have one DualSense for games that utilize it well on PC and thats enough...........thats enough right?

KillaJamm

I'm tempted, mine has very minor drift in the left stick that I can remedy for a few hours by blowing into it. It's isn't a major issue but at 39.99 it is very tempting.

Lunarorbit

Went into target the other day and the original blue and red joycons were $79.99.

The hubris after the drifting scandal to still charge that much for 8 year old tech is on point for Nintendo.

Got an extra blue dualsense awhile back and it's great. Purple looks awesome too

ReBurn

Gold Member
Went into target the other day and the original blue and red joycons were $79.99.

The hubris after the drifting scandal to still charge that much for 8 year old tech is on point for Nintendo.

Got an extra blue dualsense awhile back and it's great. Purple looks awesome too
What should they be charging for blue and red joycons?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

---

Purp is the way,
Purple Rain Prince GIF

Gonna get a Purple As soon as Gamestop opens today.
Also on the lookout for the PSVR camera adapter thingy. I need to find out if the free one is still a thing from Sony.

StereoVsn

I have 3 vanilla white controller (got the 2 extra for $39 each) so really don't need more. But if the other colors dropped to $40, I probably would have snagged blue or purple one. Just to change it up.

Top Bottom